In archery, the quality of arrows is key that makes or breaks the precision of your compound bow. Solid shafts with perfect flex help target penetration to be easier. And for specific needs, there will be more requirements in the arrows for the best performance.
Here are the best arrows for compound bow you can buy in 2020:
- Best Overall: Tiger Archery 30Inch Carbon Arrow
- Best For Soft Target Shooting: Musen 30 Inch Carbon Archery Arrows
- Best For Beginners: REEGOX Archery Hunting Practice Arrows
- Best For Lower Poundage Bows: Feather Fletched Easton XX75 Jazz
- Best For Deer Hunting: PANDARUS Archery 30Inch Arrows
- Most Durable: Gold Tip Hunter XT Arrows
|Top 6 Best Arrows For Compound Bow|
|Tiger Archery 30Inch Carbon Arrow||Read Our Review|
Best For Soft Target Shooting
|Musen 30 Inch Carbon Archery Arrows||Read Our Review|
Best For Beginners
|REEGOX Archery Hunting Practice Arrows||Read Our Review|
Best For Lower Poundage Bows
|Feather Fletched Easton XX75 Jazz||Read Our Review|
Best For Deer Hunting
|PANDARUS Archery 30Inch Arrows||Read Our Review|
|Gold Tip Hunter XT Arrows||Read Our Review|
Best Overall: Tiger Archery 30Inch Carbon Arrow
- Offer high accuracy and flight stability - Hold up well and solid
- Good quality - no physical detects during arrival and use
- Flexible and convenient – provide replaceable nocks and they are adjustable
- The metal inserts might need gluing into the shafts before use to keep them last longer
- The rubber fletching is slightly stiff
The Tiger Archery 30Inch Carbon Arrow Set is perfect for an Olympic-style target recurve and for shooters who don’t have a lot of money.
This set of 12 arrows costs you around $30, which is really affordable compared to other counterparts in the market. Above all, they arrive with no physical detects, like loose tip sockets, loose nocks, or fractured shafts.
We are also amazed by how solid they are in terms of flight stability and accuracy. Work as consistently as the 600 spines 30” arrow and hold up well.
Overall, they’ll be great for outdoor/indoor target archery.
|Tiger Archery 30Inch Carbon Arrow Specifications|
Colored plastic fletching
We highly recommend the Tiger Archery 30Inch Carbon Arrow Set as an economical entry-level option, based on its excellent performance.
Best For Soft Target Shooting: Musen 30 Inch Carbon Archery Arrows
- Good speed & straight flight path – solid structure
- Versatile & flexible – the adjustable nocks and removable field point
- Durable & long-lasting – High-quality material
- The arrow tips need tightening regularly
At under $35 for a set of 12 arrows, we found the Musen performed exceptionally for soft target shorting.
They feature a well-inserted nock, a removable stainless-steel 100-grain field point, and a carbon shaft, all are from high-quality materials for long-lasting target practice and exterior durability.
With a pencil diameter bull’s eye from 30 yards, these arrows manage an excellent grouping near the center with low hand shock, optimal accuracy, and a greatly straight flight path. Suitable for draw weight of 30 to 55 pounds of the compound bow in both target practice and hunting.
|Musen 30 Inch Carbon Archery Arrows Specifications|
Well-inserted adjustable nocks
Removable field point
Made with extraordinarily high quality and solid structure, the Musen 30 Inch Carbon Archery Arrows penetrate target accurately with a very straight flight path, making it ideal for soft target shooting.
Best For Beginners: REEGOX Archery Hunting Practice Arrows
- Durable, long-lasting, and safe to use - 30” shaft length, 0.244 nock size, and high-quality carbon fiber materials
- Comfortable to use in smaller hands
- It could be better with real feather
- Narrow nock openings
While keeping the price super-low, REEGOX specifically designs these archery arrows with 30” shaft length and 0.244 nock size to be safer for youth and beginners to practice target shooting.
The entire set is crafted from high-quality carbon fiber with strong metal tips, making it extra durability and accuracy for longer target practicing. No damaged feathers or tips lost during the test.
Over multiple shots, they still stay in a good shape and keep an incredibly straight flight path. Recommended pairing with a 45-pound compound bow.
|REEGOX Archery Hunting Practice Arrows Specifications|
Shaft length: 30”
Outer diameter: 0.307”
Inner diameter: 0.244”
These REEGOX Archery Hunting Practice Arrows are ultra-durable and safe for target practicing. Highly suggested for beginners and young shooters.
Best For Lower Poundage Bows: Feather Fletched Easton XX75 Jazz
- Durable, consistent, and hard to bend – high-grade materials
- Well-made and great performance - Coming with actually threaded inserts and the exact length of 29 inches
- A bit pricey
Coming with actually threaded inserts and the exact length of 29 inches, the Feather Fletched Easton XX75 Jazz is great for lower poundage shooting.
It has a bright-colored true flight parabolic fletching with neat looking vanes and right-wing helical offset, a perfect length for draw weight of 15 to 30 pounds, and a slim shaft but durable enough to not bend under harsh abuse.
We were amazed that they didn’t bend or break when hitting the brick wall behind the actual target. They are well-made and consistent. So for the price, this set represents a fair value.
One thing to note: Although this set is recommended for archers of 3 years old and up (by the manufacturer), it would be a pain in the ass if you carelessly lost a $6 arrow. You’d better wait to get a bow and arrow set for affordability.
This arrow set is best for experienced shooters.
|Feather Fletched Easton XX75 Jazz Specifications|
Replaceble Plastic Nocks
Screw-in Steel Tips
Trueflight parabolic feathers with right-wing helical offset
Beautiful and durable, the Feather Fletched Easton XX75 Jazz is perfect for pro shooters who are seeking something workable for their lower poundage bows.
Best For Deer Hunting: PANDARUS Archery 30Inch Arrows
- Fly longer, faster and be steadily straight - high-tech carbon material
- Deliver full of control - elastimax vanes with ribs
- Long-lasting durability and excellent endurance - the surface pattern processing, nickel-plated stainless-steel tips, and special glue of 3M Company
- Nocks need frequent adjustment to use
What makes these practice arrows great for deer season is the high-tech carbon material.
It helps the arrows fly longer, faster and be steadily straight, meaning that you can handle better a devastating blow on a target.
The elastimax vanes with ribs are another bonus for souped-up control. For those who don’t know, elastimax material is known for its unparalleled adhesion, durability, and toughness while ribs help channel the air vortex significantly.
Fans of these arrows also praise for their long-lasting durability and excellent endurance, which is a big thank you to the surface pattern processing, nickel-plated stainless-steel tips, and special glue of 3M Company
In other words, they can withstand practice sessions’ abuse with little risks of bending or breaking.
|PANDARUS Archery 30Inch Arrows Specifications|
Ribs channel the air vortex
Surface pattern processing
Nickel-plated stainless steel tips
Featuring high-tech carbon arrowhead, nickel-plated stainless-steel tips, and special glue of 3M Company, the PANDARUS are good-for-deer-anywhere arrows without breaking the bank.
Most Durable: Gold Tip Hunter XT Arrows
- Deliver top-notch strength, stability, and speed - Gold Tip's Smart Carbon technology
- Versatile – can meet the demands of all levels and challenging situations
- Various color options to choose from
- Very expensive
- Some customers said they received wrong colors of vanes
Highlighting the Gold Tip's Smart Carbon technology, these XT Arrows provide you with top-notch strength, stability, and speed with a perfect balance of performance. They are versatile enough to meet the demands of all levels and challenging situations that you probably come up against while hunting.
Each arrow features a durable shaft, metalhead, factory fletching, and 2” raptor vanes that come in various color options to choose from.
It gives you a weight tolerance of +/-2 grams and straightness of +-.003".
For such a great performance, the initial cost of this set is rather expensive. But we assure you that in the long run, it is much cheaper because it lasts.
|Gold Tip Hunter XT Arrows Specifications|
Vane Colors May Vary
Gold Tip's Smart Carbon technology
Weight tolerance: +-2 gr
Straightness tolerance: +-.003"
If your budget is on the table and you want to invest in the most durable arrows for long-term use, this is it.
How To Choose The Best Arrows For Compound Bow?
- The right arrow length helps you create full draw length with maximum force, therefore, the shot will be more accurate and powerful.
- The choice of arrow length depends closely on your draw length.
- Ask a friend to help calculate your draw length, following this guide:
- Or, visit a nearby archery shop to have them measure it for you, although this alternative method is not possible for most people.
- Now, take your draw length and add between 0.5 to 1 inch, the result is your go-to arrow length.
- For example, if your draw length is measured by 27 inches then the right arrow length to purchase is 27.5 or 28 inches. Don’t go any longer than that!
- One thing to note: The arrow length is calculated from the end of the shaft to the deepest part of the nock groove without including the length of your broadheads or field points.
- This element is varied based on your purpose of use – whether for hunting or target practice, or both.
- In common, the arrow used for hunting is heavier than those for target hunting. The reason is the heavier arrows generates more kinetic energy to penetrate flesh better (though they travel less straight than the lighter ones).
- In target practicing, what you need is something easy to shoot in a tighter group, meaning that your arrows should travel in a straighter line. And light arrows are what you’re after.
- The measuring unit of arrow weight is grain.
- For hunting, you should go for an arrow featuring a total weight of 6-8 grain/pound of draw weight. For example, if you have a 50-pound draw compound bow, the ideal arrows should weigh within 300 to 400 grain.
- For target practicing, the arrow should totally weigh around 5-6 grain/pound of draw weight.
- If you want something in-between that can be used for both hunting and target shooting, the arrow weight should be somewhere between 5-8 grain/pound of draw weight. But remember, don’t go any less than 5 grain/pound of draw weight because it will damage severely your compound bow.
Which Brands Make The Best Arrows For Compound Bow?
- REEGOX is known as a pro manufacturer of high-quality arrows as well as components for archery. They take advantage of their years’ expertise to shape and refine the finest accuracy arrows that are made with a high tensile strength of 65m00Mpa. In the market, the brand is hard to beat.
- Easton is a long-standing brand (founded in 1985 by Jim Easton), specializing in archery components, tools, and accessories. Their factory is in Utah and anyone can visit it. 96% of the Easton arrows are made in the USA, which ensures quality.
- With years’ tradition in the production of graphite arrows, Gold Tip has now been one of the worldwide leaders standing for the most durable, precise, and innovative carbon arrows. In fact, lots of world’s top archers depend on this brand.
How heavy should a deer arrow be?
There are three common arrow weights:
- Light – 350-455 grains
- Mid-weight – 455-560 grains
- Heavy – more than 560 grains
Will a 35-pound bow kill a deer?
When shooting at it from 10 to 15 yards, a 35-pound bow can kill a deer.
Is a heavier arrow better for hunting?
Yes, it is.
The reason is heavy arrows deliver better flesh penetration.
How long should my arrows be for a 29-inch draw?
To know the connection between arrow length and draw length as well as how to measure it, consult my buying guide in the previous section.
Are heavier arrows more accurate?
Actually, the weight of an arrow doesn’t affect its accuracy.
How far should an arrow go past the rest?
There is a lot to consider when you are looking into buying the best arrows for a compound bow. The good news is you don’t have to spend an arm and a leg to afford them.
Our expert testers took these arrows to their limits and our picks here are totally reliable. Hope the information provided in this in-depth article helps you find out the right set based on your needs and budget.