You have scheduled places and activities for your camping trip with your family. And all the left that you need to do is make a list of items needed for a camping trip filled with fun and enjoyable memories.
Let's glance at some pieces to make sure you don't miss any necessary things.
Car hire? Check.
Personal belongings? Check.
On the market, there are quite a few choices for you. However, choosing the best camping stove grill combo is not difficult if you know its secrets.
That is why you should not miss this article, which will introduce you to the best options.
Here are the best camping stove grill combo (May 2021 Update):
- Best For Bigger Groups: Camp Chef Big Gas Grill
- Best For Uneven Ground: Blackstone Tailgater Portable Gas Grill and Griddle Combo
- Best For Steak: Coleman Camp Propane Grill
- Best For Hotdogs And Burgers: Royal Gourmet Portable Propane Gas Grill and Griddle Combo
- Best Primary Camping Combo: Stansport Outfitter Series Propane Camp Stove
- Best For Smaller Groups: Camp Chef Rainier Camper Combo
|Top 6 Best Camping Stove Grill Combo|
Best For Bigger Groups
|Camp Chef Big Gas Grill||Read Our Review|
Best For Uneven Ground
|Blackstone Tailgater Portable Gas Grill and Griddle Combo||Read Our Review|
Best For Steak
|Coleman Camp Propane Grill||Read Our Review|
Best For Hotdogs And Burgers
|Royal Gourmet Portable Propane Gas Grill and Griddle Combo||Read Our Review|
Best Primary Camping Combo
|Stansport Outfitter Series Propane Camp Stove||Read Our Review|
Best For Smaller Groups
|Camp Chef Rainier Camper Combo||Read Our Review|
Best For Bigger Groups: Camp Chef Big Gas Grill
- Easy to assemble and use
- Powerful burners
- Ample cooking space
- It can be rust if you don’t store it properly
If you usually go camping in a large group, you will need a large and fully functional camping grill to cook many different dishes at once. Fortunately, you will not have to worry about anything with this Chef Chef big gas grill.
What impresses me the most in this product is its robust construction. And because it is strong, durable, and has a large cooking space, it is the perfect solution for large outdoor parties. Whether you grill meat or vegetables, sausages, etc., everything will get its own place on the grill.
You may feel hesitant about its weight and size. However, rest assured that the removable legs will make it easier to move the grill down your car. And the installation is similar, too. That is, it will not take too much of your time. Once you get used to it, grilling will be absolutely easy.
|Camp Chef Big Gas Grill Specifications|
No. of Burners
608 square inches
30,000 BTUs each burner
With three powerful burners, you can take out the grill and cook with it in seconds.
If you have a large family or group of friends, no one will be hungry with the Camp Chef big gas grill.
Best For Uneven Ground: Blackstone Tailgater Portable Gas Grill and Griddle Combo
- Easy assembly and transportation
- Suitable for all terrains
- Food quality guaranteed
- Sometimes it doesn’t get hot enough with the adjustable regulator
When I cook outdoors, besides the wind, one of my biggest obstacles is the uneven ground. If you do not set or place the camping grill stove in a favorable position, the oil on the grill or pan will flow to one place, making the meat at the remaining places gets easier to burn.
If that is your major concern, do not overlook the convenience of the adjustable legs of the Blackstone tailgater gas grill and griddle combo.
They allow you to adjust at different heights, so even if you are camping on a slightly sloping surface, it will not be a problem. With this flexible feature, your meal can be done easily.
Additionally, the different BTU levels of the grill and griddle will be very helpful for you to cook a variety of dishes.
However, it has a pretty heavy size. But do not worry. You can take it apart and put each in the carry bags provided by the manufacturer. It will make transportation and store easier.
|Blackstone Tailgater Portable Gas Grill and Griddle Combo Specifications|
No. of Burners
477 square inches
15,000 BTUs and 20,000 BTUs
The gas grill and griddle will allow you to cook at two different temperatures, making the meal more plentiful.
The Blackstone tailgater gas grill and griddle combo will do cooking on all terrains of camping easier and faster.
Best For Steak: Coleman Camp Propane Grill
- Easy to clean
- Small for family camping
If you are a fan of the outdoor beef steak party, a perfect option like this Coleman camp propane grill stove combo should not be missed. It is very flexible, accurate, compact, and more than I could expect in a camping grill stove.
It has two adjustable burners, allowing you to control the temperature needed precisely. And the best thing about it is that you can swap out stove grates with a grill grate or a griddle. Thanks to that, your meal will have more options and especially, with beef steak, you can choose whether you want to cook rare, medium-rare, or well-done steak, etc.
Another thing that helps the Coleman camp propane grill stove combo beat their rivals is the non-stick coating on the grill part. It will not cause your steak to be torn or ugly but, on the contrary, looks very nice and delicious.
|Coleman Camp Propane Grill Specifications|
No. of Burners
130 square inches (grill area) and stove surface can fit a 10-inch pan
20,000 total BTUs
The wind-block side panels make cooking outdoors in inclement weather easier.
The Coleman camp propane grill stove combo will meet your expectations of a tool that offers delicious, juicy, and sweet steaks.
Best For Hotdogs And Burgers: Royal Gourmet Portable Propane Gas Grill and Griddle Combo
- Easy temperature adjustment
- Heat up quickly
- Transferring does not take much effort
- Doesn’t come with a lid
A starchy meal will provide enough calories for you to spend the day outdoors with family and friends without worrying about hunger quickly. And the Royal Gourmet propane gas grill and griddle combo will help you make the perfect hotdogs and hamburgers.
Both the grill and griddle work well as the functions they need to have. Plus excellent heat distribution, your dishes will be cooked perfectly as the meal in many 5-star restaurants.
Finally, it is easy for you to clean. Just add a little salt and coconut oil or olive oil, and you'll have a clean camp grill as new.
|Royal Gourmet Portable Propane Gas Grill and Griddle Combo Specifications|
No. of Burners
584 square inches
12000 BTUs each burner
The 360-degree caster wheels make it super easy to move.
The Royal Gourmet propane gas grill and griddle combo will keep you energetic with dishes like hotdogs and hamburgers.
Best Primary Camping Combo: Stansport Outfitter Series Propane Camp Stove
- Reasonable price
- Lightweight and compact
- Wind resistant
- Poor design
If you are about to make your first camping trip and do not know which camp grill stove to invest in, then this Stansport product will be your best bet.
Firstly, it is quite simple to use and assemble. You will only perform simple actions to get started. Meanwhile, it still includes all the cooking options that a premium-quality grill stove combo has, including two burners and one griddle, helping you cook a variety of dishes.
Secondly, it is quite cheap compared to many other good models on the market. And its weight is also very light, allowing you to move without any difficulty.
|Stansport Outfitter Series Propane Camp Stove Specifications|
No. of Burners
360 square inches
25,000 BTUs (two stainless steel burners) and 5,500 BTUs (griddle)
The side windscreens fold will make cooking outdoors easier than ever.
In general, this Stansport camp grill, despite its relatively fragile design, is suitable for newbies with low cost and full functionality.
Best For Smaller Groups: Camp Chef Rainier Camper Combo
- Lightweight and compact
- Easy to use
- Budget price
- Fragile construction
Everything will be simpler if you just go camping with small groups. At this time, a grill stove combo with a small cooking area yet still allowing you to make many different dishes like the Cam Chef rainier camper combo will be ideal. From boiling water to grill sausages, beans, etc., it will provide you memorable moments with your beloved one.
And I want to save the best advantage until last, the low price. You will save a lot of money with this product when you just go camping with few people.
|Camp Chef Rainier Camper Combo Specifications|
No. of Burners
288 square inches
18,000 BTUs total
Compact size and low weight will not take up too much space in your bag.
This is a great combination of low price and great functionality, perfect for groups of only two people.
How To Choose The Best Camping Stove Grill Combo?
- BTU is an indicator of how long the grill will warm up. That is, the larger the capacity of this British Thermal Unit, the less time it will take to preheat. Thanks to that, it will be much more convenient and faster to grill your food.
- You may think that this indicator is not so significant. However, if you look deeper, you will certainly feel uncomfortable when you have to wait for the grill for a while to be able to cook. Consequently, it is best to choose a model with higher BTUs.
- Each dish will require a different temperature level to cook.
- For example, beef skewers will require longer baking at a greater heat than grilled mushrooms or bell peppers.
- That's why some portable camping grills feature with dual temperature control, allowing you to use two different temperature zones at the same time.
Surface Cooking Area
- If you often go camping with a large group of people, a camp stove grill combo with a small warming tray or holding space will not be enough. At this point, you'll need a product that provides more cooking space, so you can cook more dishes, and no one will have to line up for food.
- Many people often do not pay attention to this factor. However, in my experience, you should not choose a camping grill with traditional cast iron because it will easily rust the gas out. Instead, consider products made of stainless steel, which are good at corrosion resistance. This type will be much more durable, can accompany you through various camping trips.
- If you use camp grills for a long time, you'll know a small tip that not to use grates plated with chrome or nickel. That's because they lack heat retention, which can easily lead to rusting after only a few uses.
- There are two common types of spark ignition systems, including a battery-powered system and a dial to light a spark. If your stove grill combo uses batteries, you should check its status before you go.
- As I see, many people prefer lightweight devices that make it easier to transfer outdoors. However, they may have a flimsy construction, ie the quality and materials used will not be guaranteed.
- Therefore, check its material as well as its safety, the grill's stand, and some further details, such as gauge, nuts, heft, bolts, and the welds.
- Many people don't know about conversion kits when it comes to fuel tanks, and that's why they need to use so many propane cylinders. If you go in a large group, it will not be a small amount of fee. Meanwhile, you can save a lot if you invest in an additional conversion kit.
- Besides the preeminent features, a good camping stove grill combo should also be easy to assemble and use. Otherwise, your trip will be ruined, and you will have to look for a grocery store to buy instant food.
- So, make sure you know how to assemble and use your camping stove grill combo, and it works well before you depart.
Which Brands Make The Best Camping Stove Grill Combo?
- As one of the leading providers of outdoor cooking solutions, Camp Chef is what you are looking for for your camping trip, from camp stoves, pellet grills, barbecue grills to smokers, fire pits, etc. This brand has been operating for about three decades so that you can be assured of the quality and reputation of their products.
- It is a subsidiary of Newell Brands, founded in 1900. With long experience, Coleman has become the most reliable brand in the market with a wide range of types of outdoor recreation products, from sleeping bags, hot tubs, watches to tents, barbecue grills, etc.
- This is the last and also the latest name on the market, starting to operate quite late, in 2005. However, what it has achieved is quite significant, helping Blackstone become one of the brands providing supply numerous high-quality and professional stove grill combos.
Can you grill on a camp stove?
Yes. Some camp stoves come with grill plates for you to make grilled dishes. If your stove doesn't offer that item, you can buy one separately. Because the camp stove allows you to adjust the temperature and fire, you can easily grill with it.
However, if the food on your picnic is more of a barbecue, or if you're in a big group, a camp stove won't be enough. At this time, a camp stove grill combo or double stove would be more ideal.
How do you cook burgers on a camp stove?
If you want a juicy and smoky hamburger, there are some attention and tips as follows.
Control the flames properly, don't let the fire get too big if you don't want your ground beef charred black on the outside and raw inside.
To grill a hamburger, use a burger basket instead of a pan. It will be more delicious, more fragrant, and retain the sweetness of the beef. Make sure you turn the pieces of meat regularly and control the fire to avoid burning meat.
Also, look for burger baskets with non-stick wires to prevent the meat from getting stick in the basket.
How hot does a camp stove get?
Depending on the type of camp stove you are using, it may reach different maximum flame temperature levels. However, for the most part, the temperature level of a camp stove can range from 0 to 2,500 degrees Celsius.
What is the difference between a lightweight stove and a propane stove?
A lightweight camp stove is a solution for those who have to move from one place to another and do not have much time and effort to prepare for large or full meals. People who should use this type include those who go on a solo trip or with groups of two people, trek through the forest, or implement mountain climbing, etc.
In contrast, a propane stove will be suitable for larger groups and fuller meals. And since it has a larger weight, it is not suitable for trekking or climbing trips.
Are gas camping stoves dangerous?
There are many dangers associated with camp stoves, including fires and CO leaks. However, you can still prevent them by using the stoves correctly and turning them off when not in use.
And note that you should not use a camp stove for indoor cooking and commercial catering. Generally, it is not for continuous use for a long time and for large pans. This has been a number of manufacturers specifically alerted to its customers.
The best camping stove grill combo will make your camping meal more delicious compared to enjoying instant food. If you have the same camping hobbies like me, do not hesitate to choose a good and suitable product that I have reviewed.
And if you like it, don't forget to like and share the article with others.