It makes little sense to let the scorching heat spoil your day while a floor fan will cool down the temperature. Such type of fan can either target one specific area or oscillate to cover a vast space.
You can wear fewer clothes, eat wet food, or drink more water, but that isn’t enough to reduce your body temperature. It’s when the best outdoor floor fan comes into handy. We’re selected from a wide of fans on the market to pick out the top models for your needs.
Here are the best outdoor floor fans you can buy in 2019:
- Electric - Best Overall: High-Velocity QuickMount Floor Wall Fan
- Electric - Budget-Friendly: Lasko 3300 20-inch Wind Machine Fan
- Electric - Highest CFM: B-Air FIRTANA-20X High-Velocity Floor Fan
- Electric - Industrial Grade: Maxx Air MaxxAir Industrial Grade Fan
- Battery - Best Overall: Geek Aire Battery Operated Floor Fan
- Battery - Budget-Friendly: Whirlwind Life Charging Floor Fan
Electric Powered Floor Fan
Best Overall: High-Velocity QuickMount Floor Wall Fan
- Pivoting head to direct airflow
- Built-in carry handle
- Convertible from floor to wall mount
- High-pitched humming noise.
The exceptional look of the Lasko 2264QM fan will catch your attention right at first sight. Durable, user-friendly, and practical, its quality is premium to satisfy cooling demands.
The pivoting head facilitates air direction from up, down, to anywhere in between. The quick-mount is available so that you can transform the fan from a floor to a wall-mounted fan without any hassle. The combination of three powerful speeds and metal fan blades is sure to deliver maximum air movement.
The high-velocity fan is feasible for placing on the floor. You don’t need to worry about damages to the level since the product comes with the rubber pads.
|High-Velocity QuickMount Floor Wall Fan Specifications|
7 x 22 x 22 inches
Built-in carry handle.
The powerful Lasko 2264QM 20" fan can handle the job of a floor and wall-mounted fan excellently and economically.
Budget-Friendly: Lasko 3300 20-inch Wind Machine Fan
- Energy-efficient operation
- Fully assembled
- Quiet and powerful operation
- Ill-fitted plastic housing halves.
If you don’t want to pay a fortune for an outdoor floor fan, the Lasko 3300 20″ wind machine fan provides an affordable solution for hot summer days. It features three high-performance speeds, energy-saving operation, and steady rugged design.
The head is designed to pivot so that you can have full control over air direction. Thanks to the built-in carry handle, it is possible to move the fan from one spot to another with only one hand while direction adjustment is such a breeze.
What sets the product apart is the power cord developed by the Blue Plug Safety Fuse Technology for enhanced safety. In the center of the plug is a fuse serving to detect potentially electrical faults. Upon detection, it will instantly stop the connection between the fan and the electrical current.
|Lasko 3300 20-inch Wind Machine Fan Specifications|
25.8 x 23.8 x 7.1 inches
Built-in carry handle
Pivot to direct airflow
Patented safety plug.
This 20-inch fan from Lasko helps to ventilate during hot days and let in the fresh air in chilly weather at a low cost.
Highest CFM: B-Air FIRTANA-20X High-Velocity Floor Fan
- Strong and sturdy
- Adjustable tilt
- Small grid spacing
- Diverse colors
- A quite noisy operation.
Known as the best outdoor floor fan in terms of CFM ranking (4650), the B-Air FIRTANA-20X High-Velocity model won’t let you down. You should take a wow at how powerful the fan is.
A stand is available for increased versatility. You can pull it forward, fold it back or hang it on the wall to ensure it is level with the fan, enabling convenient storage. Though powerful, the construction is compact for fitting diverse environments from warehouses, garages, kitchens to open airspace.
Such a multi-purpose fan includes an adjustable tilt so that users can focus airflow on the desired direction. The durable metal housing enhances the product’s capability to stand up to harsh environments. Meanwhile, it facilitates disassembly for easy maintenance.
|B-Air FIRTANA-20X High-Velocity Floor Fan Specifications|
24 x 6 x 22.3 inches
Small grid spacing
The B-Air Firtana-20X high-velocity floor fan is perfect for different jobs from casting away the heat to drying the carpet after cleaning.
Industrial Grade: Maxx Air MaxxAir Industrial Grade Fan
- The USA made
- Very powerful
- Easy usage and assembly
- Only two settings
- Loud operation and fan shake at high speeds.
If you are seeking a powerful cooling device, the Maxx Air offers an ideal solution. Marked as the industrial-grade, it boasts excellent durability despite the lack of portability. It promises to serve you for a long time in outdoor settings thanks to the material of powder-coated rugged steel.
Thanks to the new frustration-free packaging, the fan allows for immediate use right after box opening. The included bracket facilitates hanging from the ceiling or the wall. With 180-degree tilt capability, the Maxx Air fan will cater to diverse cooling demands from shops, patios, warehouse stations to factories and industrial settings.
I highly appreciate the mobility of the construction as a result of roll-around wheels and non-skid positioning legs. Usage is a piece of cake. Just plug the cord into a standard outlet and enjoy the fresh air.
|Maxx Air MaxxAir Industrial Grade Fan Specifications|
24 x 9 x 24 inches
American made quality
OSHA compliant grills
180-degree tilt capability
10 foot grounded power cords.
The MaxxAir tilt fan is suitable for both your small and medium-sized needs of ventilation.
Battery Powered Floor Fan
Best Overall: Geek Aire Battery Operated Floor Fan
- Dual power supply
- Variable speed control
- Quiet and stable operation
- Not detachable battery
- Hard to carry.
The battery-operated design makes the GeekAire floor fan the best option for camping or outgoing plans. The 15600mAh battery is powerful enough to keep the fan run smoothly for 3 hours to even a day. It varies according to your selected speed setting. Noises are no problem since the device is relatively quiet at high speeds.
Users can enjoy the strong wind brought about by the advanced brushless DC motor and aerodynamic. In case you want to change the speed randomly, the wind speed transition remains unchanged.
Indoor use is also perfect with the pitched propeller blades for the soft breeze. The cordless design helps the fan blend into any room position while you can sense the high quality from the sturdy paint surface, metal frame and blade.
|Geek Aire Battery Operated Floor Fan Specifications|
18.1 x 16 x 8.6 inches
IPX4 high water-resistant rating
Brushless DC motor
Dual power supply
Fast charging technology,
The Geek Aire Battery Operated Floor Fan is fit for use as an outdoor, indoor floor fan as well as an air circulator fan.
Budget-Friendly: Whirlwind Life Charging Floor Fan
- Easy to control
- Stable performance
- USB power output
- Quiet operation
- Able to cool confined spaces.
If you are usually on the go, a wireless outdoor fan should be your reliable companion in hot weather. The Whirlwind Life charging floor fan is less expensive than its Geek Aire rivalry, but such difference has nothing to do with its brilliant performance.
The three 15-inch metal blades provide brisk natural winds to help you relax after robust study or working. Also, the brushless DC motor technology cuts down the noise released by the running fan to the maximum, making the device more reliable and stable.
The brand gives priority to versatility, and its outdoor floor fan is an outstanding example. Even you can charge your cellphone via the USB power output included in the fan design.
Moreover, safety is no less critical in the sense that the intensive mesh cover gets internationally certified for causing no juvenile injury.
|Whirlwind Life Charging Floor Fan Specifications|
16.6 x 15.8 x 8.8 inches
Brushless DC motor technology
USB power output
Anti-slip rubber feet.
With a reasonable sum of money, you can buy an air circulator and phone charger at the same time, which is both incorporated in the Whirlwind Life floor fan.
How To Choose The Best Outdoor Floor Fans?
Compared to ceiling fans, outdoor floor models move air at a narrower range but enable customers to adjust their directions more precisely and quickly.
Choosing the best outdoor floor fan can be head-splitting if you don’t get the hang of essential criteria. Here is what we’ve got.
- Everyone’s home decoration varies greatly, so does the size of floor fans available. Some people own huge space while others are living in a small accommodation. Therefore, you need to consider the kind of intended coverage of the fan.
- Buying an outdoor floor fan means you only place the device outside your house. You may want to move it to the living room, kitchen, or bedroom at night. In some cases, you may bring it along to a rented cottage on holiday or to the office for enhanced cooling effects.
- Thus, it’s necessary to take into account the portability of the unit.
- Of course, stay away from large and cumbersome models but go for lightweight and compact designs instead. The attachment of carrying handle can be of great help. Or else, if you decide on a stand fan, make sure you can disassemble it to facilitate transportation.
The Industrial Setting
- If you’re planning to use the fan in a workshop or factory, only more powerful models like the industrial type floor fan can cater to your needs. Such fans feature durable and rust-free casing, ensuring their lasting lifespan in the face of hazardous factors from a work setting. Meanwhile, an exposed motor isn’t advisable.
- This function serves to help people lead a more comfortable life, especially those with mobility difficulties. Some outdoor floor fans are programmable with remote control included, saving users from getting up to switch off or on the devices.
- Floor fan models tend to be louder running than others. You can’t buy an utterly silent fan on the market, but it isn’t challenging to choose a model with quiet operation. Thus, you can turn on the fan while sleeping.
- Bear in mind that outdoor floor fans should be resistant to harsh environmental conditions outdoors such as snow and rain. Otherwise, they run the risk of getting rust and corrosion.
- CFM or cubic feet per minute measures the amount of air possibly moved by a fan. The figure relies on the blades and motor of the fan in terms of pitch, shape, and length. A high CFM means a tremendous amount of air circulated by the fan. If you own confined spaces, fans with low CFMs are enough.
- You’d better choose oscillating fans in the sense that they can circulate air in various directions. They do a better job of moving air throughout the whole room, bringing about a better cooling effect.
- However, if you need the fan to focus on one point such as carpets or wet spots, the oscillation feature turns out unnecessary.
Which Brands Make The Best Outdoor Floor Fans?
Founded in 1906, the Lasko has provided top-quality American made products from small appliances, fans to household portable heaters. The company is devoted to diligence, innovation, and excellence.
As the world’s leading brand in household appliances, Geek takes product quality and user experience as its developing orientation. The Geek Aire devices, especially outdoor floor fans, are high quality and innovative with sleek designs, aiming to bring about comfort to customers anytime and anywhere.
Do more fan blades move more air?
No. Contrary to ordinary thinking, fewer blades can circulate a higher amount of air more effectively. It is because more air is required to push around the edges, thereby reducing the efficiency of the device.
Besides, more fan blades are likely to lay more weight on the fan motor, slowing down its space and reducing the amount of air it can circulate. Therefore, the maximum number of blades of most industrial-grade outdoor fans is only three.
Will a floor fan deter mosquitoes?
Yes. As weak fliers, mosquitoes can’t resist the force from a gentle breeze of an oscillating medium-sized floor fan. Moreover, the wind gusts are likely to disperse chemical cues such as carbon dioxide that guide such winged bloodsuckers to find their targets.
Therefore, a floor fan provides an easy way to deter mosquitoes when the warm weather draws in.
Can outdoor fans get wet?
It depends. A wet-rated outdoor fan will remain undamaged in direct contact with severe weather patterns like snow or rain. You can install it in seaside houses that regularly receive excessive moisture or salty breezes.
Another type is dump-rated fans. Though not designed to approach snow or rain water directly, such a model owns a fantastic ability to withstand moisture and humidity.
Are metal fans better than plastic?
Yes. Though plastic is more lightweight than metal, metal blades can create more powerful airflow. They give out a few loud noises, but it is acceptable.
Does a fan use a lot of electricity?
Generally speaking, fans don’t make up a large part of your electricity bill. The watt figure of a standard household fan falls into the range of 25 and 75. It means if you let the blower run for 12 hours each night, you only have to pay £1 after one week.
Especially, DC fans are more energy-efficient in the sense that their electricity consumption is less than one-third of that of AC models, which run directly on the 110-volt alternating current.
The best outdoor floor fans helps you stay fresh all day and night long. We hope today’s list can become a useful guide for you so that you can enjoy owning a floor fan at the best price.
Don’t forget to share with us your experience below!