Have you tried camping in nature for relaxation and entertainment with your family and friends? If yet, you may know hammocks-a perfect gear for camping out during the day or overnight.
Anyway, if you intend to use your hammock in colder temperatures, you should equip the best ultralight hammock underquilt for further comfort.
|Top 5 Best Ultralight Hammock Underquilt 2019|
Read Our Review
| OneTigris Hammock Underquilt||Read Our Review|
Read Our Review
| UBOWAY Hammock Underquilt||Read Our Review|
Read Our Review
| Eagles Nest Outfitters - ENO Ember 2 UnderQuilt||Read Our Review|
Best For Double
Read Our Review
| King Showden Hammock Underquilt||Read Our Review|
Read Our Review
| Outdoor Vitals Aerie 30°F Down Underquilt||Read Our Review|
Top 5 Best Ultralight Hammock Underquilt 2019
Best Overall: OneTigris Hammock Underquilt
- Well perform in extremely chilly temperatures
- Lightweight, highly repellent and durable
- Easy and quick to set up
- High-quality materials
- A little hard to roll up after using it
- Not ideal for winter camping
OneTigris is well-known for its super-quality underquilt products. It owns amazing features which make this product the top overall pick.
If you spend lots of time camping and enjoying outdoors, this underquilt will be perfect because it can withstand all weather conditions.
Its main feature is the premium material construction with tough and durable materials. Moreover, it well performs in the wide temperature range of about 40 to 68°F. Therefore, this hammock can be your good companion from spring to autumn although it is fairly thin for the winter usage.
What’s else? It is quite lightweight, highly portable and easy to construct. This feature comes in handy when you want to store it or bring it to a remote spot. It even has a nylon stuff sack which aids in storage.
In addition to its shortcoming of being fairly thin for the winter usage, some customers find it difficult to roll up the hammock after the first usage. However, that issue doesn’t prevent many campers from owning one to get a comfortable sleep most of the time.
|Compressed dimensions||13” x 8”|
|Unpacked dimensions||7’10” x 4’|
|Temperature rating||40–68°F (5–20°C)|
|Season options||3 seasons|
|Material||SEE Polyester Filling, Ripstop Nylon Shell, DWR coating, Polyester Pongee Lining|
|Highlight features||Easy to setup, comfortable temperature range, highly compressible|
This versatile hammock underquilt fits all standard-sized hammocks snugly and is the best choice for campers, including beginning campers, on a budget.
Best Budget: UBOWAY Hammock Underquilt
- Versatile and lightweight
- Great heat retention
- Full length
- Easy to maintain
- Be a bit narrow compared to similar products
Unlike the above opponent, this UBOWAY product is perfect for all seasons. It’s made of nylon that is durable, makes the product resistant to moisture and water as well as helps to keep you warm through the cold camping.
In term of the convenience, it’s easy to set up, and the lightweight feature with just 0.59kg makes it easy to store or carry on the backpack. Also, it’s an effective product when it comes to thermal stability.
Likewise, it may be used as blankets that supply your body with enough heat. It’s utterly cut and will suit snugly to the surface of the hammock, which causes you to feel the heat in the cool condition.
It’s supposed to be narrow compared to similar products, yet its fascinating features still make it worth your investment.
|Compressed dimensions||12” x 6’4”|
|Unpacked dimensions||90’7” x 43’4”|
|Temperature rating||32–59 °F (0–15℃)|
|Season options||4 seasons|
|Material||320D Ripstop Nylon and TC cotton|
|Highlight features||Light-weight, double usage, thermal efficiency|
This Uboway hammock underquilt fits for almost typical hammocks and is perfect for all outdoor activities such as camping, hiking, and jungle expeditions.
4-Season Choice: Eagles Nest Outfitters - ENO Ember 2 UnderQuilt
- Easy to store, set up and carry around
- Water repellent and warm
- Durable Nylon Taffeta Ripstop Shell against wear and tear
- Great insulation for additional protection
- Adjustable shock cords
- High price
- Not ideal for asymmetrical hammocks
Thanks to the feature of polyester filling, this ENO underquilt is another perfect product that can keep you warmer through the night.
One more feature that makes it different in this list is the adjustable shock cords for simpler and faster setup. It also has a nylon compression sack for the convenient storage. It is well made regarding comfort and durability as well.
It can withstand temperature variations. Hence, you will enjoy the sufficient, effective warmth and unparalleled comfort all the times.
Also, it fits in with lighter sleeping bags, which means it can provide additional warmth. This universal and lightweight (0,7kg) model can be used for various hammocks and contour to the body well.
The only drawbacks of this model is being expensive and not performing well with asymmetrical hammocks. It fits almost classic styled ones and is a convenient solution to warmer hammock backpacking and camping.
|Compressed dimensions||15" x 8"|
|Unpacked dimensions||7’11" x 3’9"|
|Season options||4 seasons|
|Material||Polyester Filling, Nylon Taffeta Ripstop Shell, DWR coating|
|Highlight features||Compact, adjustable shock cords, excellent insulation|
This premium choice works with any kind of traditionally-shaped hammock and is ideal for camping in damp conditions and especially perfect for those who are casual campers.
Best For Double: King Showden Hammock Underquilt
- Durable and water-resistant
- Loose design for easy adaption to various positions
- Premium materials
- Keeps your warm from freezing winter
- Be a bit hard to clean
- Only for the winter usage
If you want a proper option for 2 persons, why don’t you consider this King Showden hammock? It’ll keep your warm and cozy well during the winter days.
This thickened underquilt is filled with hollow cotton and can wrap the bottom and sides of the hammock. It’s also designed to fit snugly to all types of standard-sized hammocks.
Besides, made of the premium material including Ripstop Nylon, WR coating, and Polyester, this model is durable, water-repellant and high-quality.
With the loose design, it’s simple to construct and can easily adapt to all positions. Also, it’s quite lightweight with just 0,85kg.
The downside of this model is being hard to clean. In the comparison with the others, it is only ideal for the winter instead of various seasons. Anyway, try it at least once for further fascinating results.
|Compressed dimensions||13.8" x 8.3"|
|Unpacked dimensions||7.7’x 4’|
|Temperature rating||about -10 degrees|
|Season options||For winter|
|Material||210T 20D Ripstop Nylon, WR durable water repellent coating, 240T Polyester Pongee Lining|
|Highlight features||Compact & perfect for double hammocks|
This best choice for double hammocks is great for winter outdoor use such as camping, hiking, backpacking, backyard and more.
5-in-1 Option: Outdoor Vitals Aerie 30°F Down Underquilt
- Extra tough and versatile
- Easily clips into most hammocks
- Grid design helps prevent cold spots
- Good lifetime warranty
- Requires your cord when using it as an underquilt
- High price
If you’re seeking the most packable hammock underquilt, this Outdoor Vitals product is a top option. It attracts the users with an interesting design and becomes unique in our list due to being able to serve more than just one function.
How? It can perform as an underquilt, a pod system, a technical blanket, sleeping bag, and a double sleeping bag. Besides, it features good-quality materials and components such as heavy-duty YKK zippers that create a tight contour around the body.
As a result of the super compressible 800+ fill power down insulation, it is packable and extra lightweight with just o,77kg.
For those reasons, its price is normally high and it requires your cord to be used as an underquilt as well. Yet the fact that it can be used in various situations and has a nice manufacture warranty makes it worth-purchasing, agree?
|Compressed dimensions||10” x 7” x 7”|
|Unpacked dimensions||83” x 29”|
|Season options||4 seasons|
|Material||20D Rip-stop Nylon, VitalDry DWR coating|
|Highlight features||Versatile, grid design, Stormloft Down insulation|
This 5-in-1 option is an ultra warm and tough piece of gear that is ideal for campers including the beginners those who often camp outdoors in extreme conditions.
How To Choose The Best Ultralight Hammock Underquilt?
- Normally, the best models are made from durable ripstop fabric and feature a water-repellent finish such as Durable Water Repellent (DWR). Why?
- The ripstop nylon shell will provide the maximum durability and great protection against tears and snags. Additionally, while camping, you’ll meet some type of moisture. Thus a DWR coating will give more protection by shedding water.
- Normally, the lighter, the better. A lightweight product is easier to pack, especially when you want to haul your hammock camping gear on your long journey.
- Depending on what conditions you’ll use the quilt, find a product with both down fill and synthetic insulation. They supply a good hammock insulation type.
- Also, it comes down to each personal preference. You can choose a good-quality polyester insulation type, like PrimaLoft or similar, which gives ultra warmth and won’t lose the heating capacity when getting wet.
Size and Fit
- You should select a product that fits your hammock because hammocks come in various sizes and styles. Now, hammock underquilts has two main sizes:
- Full length: covers you entirely and is ideal for those who can’t stand the cold feet
- Torso: covers the middle part of the body and leaves the appendages exposed
- Besides, some underquilts are not built for 2-person hammocks. If you intend to sleep with someone else in a double hammock, you should buy two underquilts and link them up for the insulation to perform effectively.
- Depending on what conditions you intend to use the hammock, estimate the proper temperature rating needed. By the way, hammock underquilts are fairly versatile and let you sleep comfortably in a wide temperature range.
- In case you intend to sleep in colder temperatures than the underquilt is rated, you can put additional layers on top, or use a sleeping bag in combination.
- Anyone wants to travel and outdoor gears to last. Hence, choosing products from a trusted brand is a good idea. A high-quality product should last for many years to come with the appropriate care.
Best Ultralight Hammock Underquilt Brands
- Founded in 2014, this is a tactical gear company whose products and services have reached lots of customers worldwide. Their product lines are carefully checked by gear testers to meet the needs of different users but still have the improvement. Hence, they are reliable and durable and own excellent features.
- This brand specializes in outdoors and sports products with the aim to become a professional outdoors and sports supplier. Its products are well-known for budget-friendly performance as well as high-quality finishing. It committed towards seeking innovative methods of improving buyers’ shopping experience here.
- King-Showden provides users with great-quality sports goods as well as reliable protective gear for multi sports, especially outdoor activities. If you want the best ultralight hammock underquilt, select the King-Showden models.
Eagles Nest Outfitters (ENO)
- ENO is the leading supplier of ingeniously crafted hammocks and durable accessories for adventure travelers who enjoys the comforts of home. If you don’t pay much attention to the fill in the hammock, then ENO quilts are good options.
- This is a direct-to-shopper outdoor equipment company which offers premium ultralight and multi-functional products. If the budget is no problem, and you want to get the best down underquilt out there, you should consider its products.
- This US-based brand gets high customer satisfaction rating. If you aren’t sure hammock sleeping is for you and want to try it out before getting a top-quality underquilt, consult choices from Chill Gorilla for campers on a budget.
How does an underquilt work?
It works by offering an insulating layer on your hammock outside, where you usually lose lots of heat. As a result, it creates a dead air space and keeps you cozy and away from cold temperatures.
May I use a sleeping bag as an underquilt?
It’s possible. Anyway, in some cases, you should invest in a hammock underquilt for the best result. Why?
When your body weight pushes down on the sleeping bag, it’ll compress the insulating material, which makes your sleeping bag useless. To solve it, a hammock underquilt is designed to go around the hammock. Thus there will be no weight to compress it.
It will trap in heat and block wind chill, which is ideal for freezing winter months and when it becomes chilly at night in the spring and fall.
Which is best for you, sleeping bag vs. underquilt?
Hammock underquilts that can supply the best warmth possible are built to be used in the hammock whereas sleeping bags are not.
If you want to use a sleeping bag with the hammock, be sure your journey won’t be a cold one. Sleeping bags aren’t always useful when being used in extremely cold weather.
When is an underquilt needed?
If you like hammock camping and sleeping outdoors all year round, then having an underquilt is needed to keep your body snug and warm, even on the coldest days.
What is the best underquilt type for all seasons?
The down type would be the most comfortable option for all seasons. It is effective at keeping you cozy and can be compressed to an amazingly small size.
That’s all for our best hammock underquilt today reviews! Remember that what is best for someone else may not be the best for you.
Let choose the product that best suits your needs and be sure to share which one you buy and why below. What you share may be useful for other readers to consult. Thanks for reading!