In most cases, chasing for the brightest tactical flashlights is beneficial but wading through a whale of options on the market is an overwhelming endeavor. The good news is we have taken the grunt work out of it so you don’t have to.
Here are the brightest tactical flashlights you can buy in 2019:
- Most Durable: Streamlight 88066
- Best For Hunting: VASTFIRE Zoomable Flashligh
- Best For AR 15: Fyland 1200L Tactical Flashlights
- Best For Camping: Anker LC130
- Compact: OLIGHT Seeker 2 Pro
- Best For Hiking: Fenix PD36R
Most Durable: Streamlight 88066
- Built from the heaviest-duty materials to resist water, different impacts, fire, and hold up well in -40º F to +120º F of temperature
- Prevent accidentally rolling away to keep it within your reach
- Can be compatible with different battery types and opened in various ways
- The zip tie system and rubber switch mounts are not durable enough for serious life and liberty use
Designed similarly to the Surefire m600 Scout Light but can be purchased for ¼ of the cost, here we have the Streamlight 88066.
Putting out 1000L of brightness, it possesses a blinding hot center while the beam zoom is adjustable for a wider throw.
We love how it fits so nicely on a standard 1913 Picatinny rail with 2 caps to choose between a pressure pad and a push button so that you can quickly activate the unit in any situation.
But the best thing is, it’s super-durable. Aside from the heavy-duty 6000 Series machined aluminum alloy, the 88066 is also coated with Type II Mil-Spec anodized finish. And it’s specifically designed to avoid accidental rolling away when laying down in flat surfaces.
|Streamlight 88066 Specifications|
Peak beam distance
718 1/2 feet
5.43 x 1.45 x 1.72 in
Aircraft aluminum construction with impact-resistant tempered glass lens
IPX7 waterproof to 1-meter for 30-minutes
1000 Lumen mountable flashlight
For everyday hunters, military, security, or law enforcement, the Streamlight 88066 (with its ultra-beefy construction) is the best go-to.
Best For Hunting: VASTFIRE Zoomable Flashligh
- The beam zoom is adjustable within 450 to 600 feet to fit various purposes of use
- The power switch works quietly to not threaten your targets during the hunt
- While pricing so affordable, it includes a full kit for extra convenience
- Use CREE LED technology for longer lasting
- The mounts don’t fit greatly
Highlighting the CREE LED technology that has a 50k-hour lifespan, the VASTFIRE Zoomable Flashlight will never fail when you need it the most.
Although for hunting, the 1000-lumen brightness and an adjustable peak beam distance of 450 – 600 feet are excessively sufficient, that makes it ultra-versatile for other uses.
What our hunting-focused testers liked the most is its quiet on/off switch. It’s a little yet nifty feature for those silent moments in the heat of the hunt.
While offering a well-made flashlight, there is a particular kit included in its package, including a hard case, two end caps, two batteries, and two mounts. All of them give great value for the money and if you’re a budget-minded hunter, this will make lots of sense.
|VASTFIRE Zoomable Flashligh Specifications|
Peak beam distance
450 – 600 feet
Use CREE LED technology;
Quiet power switch
As you never know what opportunities will happen on a whim to hunt the night, carrying an ultra-bright tactical flashlight is encouraged. The VASTFIRE Zoomable Flashlight is a good one to choose from.
Best For AR 15: Fyland 1200L Tactical Flashlights
- Can work continuously in 6 hours in high mode, giving more runtime, less charge time
- Anti-skid and waterproof -> versatile and durable to use in different weathers
- Ultra-durable switches to the last longer
- Have a tail cap and crenelated bezel to stand upright
- The metal isn’t so hard to resist daily abuse
The Fyland 1200L provides everything you need to add a powerful weapon flashlight on your AR-15 rifle.
Giving 1200 lumens with a beam reach of 656 feet, it is as bright as other high-end flashlights but just keeping at ¼ of the price.
The package is very good for the price, including a Picatinny mount, an activation pad, a charger, and two batteries. The best thing is, there is no compromise of quality here.
The mounting hardware is a shining example of that. It’s very nice and durable to stay firmly onto a rifle but you can add an M-Lok attachment for better results.
We also like that it operates on two rechargeable batteries that can work constantly in 6 hours on each full charge. This is very eco-friendly as it reduces waste thrown into the environment.
|Fyland 1200L Tactical Flashlights Specifications|
4 – 6 hours
Peak beam distance
5.2 x 1.18 inches
1200 lumens brightness for 656 feet of beam reach
6 hours of runtime
Made of high quality 6061T aluminum material
If you are in search of the brightest, eco-friendly tactical flashlight for your AR-15 rifle, this Fyland might be what you’re after.
Best For Camping: Anker LC130
- Provide an SOS mode and a flashy mode for emergency usage
- Give better hand-feel and grippier touch to avoid slipping
- Waterproof and shock-absorbent -> last longer
- Take a long time to charge
- Expensive for a camping flashlight
Built as a high-end tactical flashlight, the performance of this Anker goes beyond anything we could have ever imagined.
It utilizes 3 CREE LEDs (each of which is known to last up to 50k hours) to put out true 1300 lumens of brightness, shining up to 820 feet in dark conditions. Furthermore, the unit comes in 5 adjustable settings therein lies an SOS mode and a Strobe mode for emergency.
While its dimensions are considered significantly larger than the LC40, we find this size is ideal for overnight camping trips. The solid hand-feel and anti-slip pattern are key.
If you accidentally fall it into the water, don’t fret because the shell of this flashlight is seamlessly made from IP67-rated aluminum material. Besides, it endures the shock very well.
|Anker LC130 Specifications|
Peak beam distance
7.1 x 2.4 x 2.4 inches
Include an SOS mode and a flashy mode
Do you want a heavy-duty tactical flashlight for overnight camping trips? This is just the ticket!
Compact: OLIGHT Seeker 2 Pro
- Give 3200 lumens - the highest illumination in this list - while being so small and compact
- Can be fixed on or contemporarily attached to a wall for easy access
- The additional magnetic USB cable for extra convenience
- Ergonomic design for more comfortable hand-feel and easy to use
- The latching button is hard to use
- The power button is slow to locate
A notable upgrade from the Olight R50 Seeker, this tactical flashlight comes in brighter, more powerful and compact performance.
Using a single 5000mAh customized battery that is rechargeable, it delivers an incredible output of 3200 lumens. The biggest selling point is its TIR optic lens that is known for not only the wider adjustable beam distance range but also no odd patterned light.
We also appreciate the ergonomic design of this flashlight. It is made of dermatoglyphic silicone for better hand-feel while featuring milled finger grooves and an easy-to-reach power switch. So by one hand, you can easily control this unit easily.
Some other noteworthy features are the USB power source compatibility, the 1A magnetic cable, and the L-dock.
|OLIGHT Seeker 2 Pro Specifications|
Peak beam distance
5.04 in x 1.38in x 1.1in
3,200 lumens of brightness
Use a single 5000mAh customized battery
Provide an USB charge cable
Crafted from only the preeminent components, the OLIGHT Seeker 2 Pro is not only a compact flashlight but also powerful, versatile, and functional.
Best For Hiking: Fenix PD36R
- Charged faster than other counterparts for urgent needs
- Can be attached to your backpack, belt or pocket for hands-free capability
- Don’t have a focus ring
Fenix PD36R is the best hiking flashlight available. It’s dustproof, waterproof, shock-absorbent and furthermore, can be charged quickly thanks to the provided Type-C USB cable.
According to Fenix, 10 minutes of charging is equivalent to 5 hours of runtime on low.
While giving over 15 times brighter than an old incandescent bulb, it packs with many other functional features. Such as the lanyard, MOLLE systems, and bi-directional clip.
In short, you can attach it to somewhere if needed for hands-free capability.
|Fenix PD36R Specifications|
2 hours 50 minutes
Peak beam distance
L-5.35″ x W-1.04″ x H-1″
Provide Type-C USB cable
MOLLE systems and bi-directional clip
Quick charge time
During overnight hikes, a powerful, durable flashlight will help you find your way while reducing the risks of injury better. For that purpose, we highly recommend the Fenix PD36R.
How To Choose The Brightest Tactical Flashlights?
Brightness & Adjustability
- As we’re now searching for ultra-bright tactical flashlights, it should start from 1000 lumens as a minimum.
- A 1000L unit is enough to shine through an area of up to 700 feet and can momentarily blind the opposite’s eyes if needed. However, a high brightness level isn’t equal for long-lasting and optimal performance.
- It’d better be adjustable.
- This feature is dependent on your personal lighting needs: What do you want to use it for? Self-defense, recreational activities, or finding things? If it’s for an emergency, some tactical flashlights some with an SOS mode or Strobe mode.
- Differing from regular flashlights, the ones for tactical should offer easier concealability and maneuverability. Whether for weapon mount or handheld, it MUST be small and compact to fit in any hidden pockets or compartments.
- Anything weighs under 1 pound is highly recommended.
- As your tactical flashlight will be exposed in different situations, even the harshest, it should be well-made and impact resistant.
- To know if a tactical flashlight is heavy-duty enough for your needs, look at its materials and IP rating. If the product is crafted from either high-quality rubber or hard plastic material, that’s a dependable option.
Which Brands Make The Brightest Tactical Flashlights?
- Based on real-world, hands-on experience, Streamlight has been a reliable flashlight manufacturing brand since 1973. Their products are well-loved by worldwide customers for practical technology applications and helpful services.
- Anker is a trustworthy worldwide brand in charging technology. That’s why their flashlight lines are leading in quick charge time and many other practical features to meet and fit various needs when you’re outdoor.
- OLIGHT has been a favorite of DIY go-getters, Veterans, Outdoors-men, and Sportsmen. It’s also the world-leading technology-driven lighting brand filled with the skillful teams and its products are all tested to ANSI/NEMA FL1-2009 standards.
- The only Chinese brand in this list but you won’t regret to choose it because this is one of the biggest lighting product manufacturers in China. It’s also one of the very first brands to embrace ANSI and all products are under a limited lifetime warranty.
How many lumens is a tactical flashlight?
It’s usually from 300 lumens to 3000 lumens depending on specific purposes of use. For example, for camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, and other recreational activities, 300 lumens should be the minimum.
For self-defense, the luminous flux of your flashlight should be at least 120 lumens.
Are 1000 lumens bright for a flashlight?
A 1000L flashlight is bright enough to shine through 500 to 650 feet of distance, which is ideal for daily usage.
How bright are 1000 lumens?
As mentioned, 1000 lumens can shine up an area of 500 to 650 feet. To help you easily get the idea, one lumen is as bright as one candle.
How many lumens do I need for daylight?
It depends on how large the area that you want to shine through. If it’s as small as a classroom, 1000L to 1200L of brightness is enough. But for a conference room, it should be up to 2500L.
Why do tactical flashlights have strobe?
In law enforcement, a tactical flashlight featuring a strobe mode is for self-defense.
Once you find out someone who is a potential danger, this feature helps to blind their eyes contemporarily. This makes them more difficult to concentrate and gives you a chance to escape.
Our parting and in-depth advice are to truly consider, and ponder hard, due to real needs before deciding one to be “the brightest tactical flashlight”. So make your choice based on that reality. Thanks for reading!