Fitness trackers are a very effective tool for you to have a healthy body. They not only help you track your health status, but they also motivate you to exercise more appropriately.
However, the human body is a complex machine, and not every fitness tracker can precisely measure your body's parameters such as heart rate, steps, or distance, etc.
The solution is to choose products that are reputable and trusted by a large number of users around the world. In this case, we chose the Amazon market to try out potential products.
Next, pick a course with a lot of reviews.
Here are the most accurate fitness trackers (Sep 2023 Update):
- Best Overall: LETSCOM Fitness Tracker HR
- Best For Multi-Purpose: Lintelek Fitness Tracker Heart Rate Monitor
- The Most Durable Product: Garmin Outdoor Watch with GPS
- Best For Avid Runners: Garmin vívoactive 3, GPS Smartwatch
- Best For Serious Athletes: Garmin Forerunner 645 Music, GPS Running Watch
- Best for Samsung users: Samsung Galaxy Fit SM-R370NZKAXAR
|Top 6 Most Accurate Fitness Trackers|
|LETSCOM Fitness Tracker HR||Read Our Review|
Best For Multi-Purpose
|Lintelek Fitness Tracker Heart Rate Monitor||Read Our Review|
The Most Durable Product
|Garmin Outdoor Watch with GPS||Read Our Review|
Best For Avid Runners
|Garmin vívoactive 3, GPS Smartwatch||Read Our Review|
Best For Serious Athletes
|Garmin Forerunner 645 Music, GPS Running Watch||Read Our Review|
Best for Samsung users
|Samsung Galaxy Fit SM-R370NZKAXAR||Read Our Review|
Best Overall: LETSCOM Fitness Tracker HR
- Good price
- Easy to use
- Too bright at night
This LETSCOM fitness tracker is one of my all-time favorite products and will remain there for as long as I can see.
The first thing I like about it is that this product is very cheap. But what it does may surprise you.
All you need to do is set the exercise regimen you're working on, and it will report exactly how many calories you've burned, and the time it's taken. There are 14 different modes to choose from, so you don't need to worry about this.
In addition, you will feel very comfortable with this fitness tracker. I sometimes startled and checked because I thought I forgot to wear it when working out.
|LETSCOM Fitness Tracker HR Specifications|
9.4 x 0.8 x 0.4 inches ; 0.8 ounces
There is nothing better than the feeling that you can achieve your goals. This LETSCOM fitness tracker will help you do it at a reasonable cost and with great accuracy.
Best For Multi-Purpose: Lintelek Fitness Tracker Heart Rate Monitor
- Accurate in step count
- Easy to set up
- Multiple types of sports activities
- Not durable
You want to use a fitness tracker but can't find one that can suit your sports mode? Then you should not miss this Lintelek product, which offers a variety of activities for you.
The advantages of this item are fashionable and compact look, comfort, and easy-to-install application. Overall, it is also very user-friendly and has a great price. Above all, the tracker can help you develop different types of workouts like running, biking, walking, etc. via tracking heart rate, steps, and calories burned.
|Lintelek Fitness Tracker Heart Rate Monitor Specifications|
14.2 x 8.4 x 3.3 inches ; 0.8 ounces
14 Sports Modes Step Tracker
Covering plenty of sports modes, the Lintelek fitness track is also very suitable for gym goers who often practice many different sports activities.
The Most Durable Product: Garmin Outdoor Watch with GPS
- Great battery life
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Responsive keys
To be honest, I was skeptical about the shape of this giant watch for workouts. It is quite similar to the bulky and heavy G-Shock. However, only when I put it on my hands did I change the concept of it.
Of course, users will have a certain inconvenience when using the watch, but it is very lightweight, in contrast to its appearance. Besides, it is suitable for those who like outdoor activities and even long-distance trekking or hunting. That's because it is designed to meet the military standard 810G, which can withstand harsh conditions such as sunshine, wind, rain, dust, etc.
Moreover, you can safely use this device for two weeks without charge. It also has a GPS feature available for you to track your location.
|Garmin Outdoor Watch with GPS Specifications|
1.8 x 0.6 x 1.8 inches; 1.76 ounces
Up to 14 days
Withstand the toughest environments
Constructed to U.S. Military standard 810G for thermal
Shock and water resistance
In general, for hunting or long-distance hiking, cycling, etc., there is no more accurate and suitable option than this Garmin instinct outdoor watch.
Best For Avid Runners: Garmin vívoactive 3, GPS Smartwatch
- Sensitive to heart rate
- Applications are easy to use
If you often cycle or do yoga, the Lintelek fitness tracker is for you. But if you often improve your health by jogging, then I recommend the Garmin vívoactive three fitness tracker.
While you run, it will track that process and analyze it. However, it not only sends you the usual indicators that any fitness tracker can do, but it also comments on how you handle stress. Thus, you can avoid over-workout or doing it the wrong way.
In particular, it is very sensitive to be able to record every movement of your hands and feet. The data on heart rate, as well as calories burned, are accurate. You may find it quite big and bulky, but actually, this product is very lightweight and comfortable.
|Garmin vívoactive 3, GPS Smartwatch Specifications|
1.7 x 0.5 x 1.7 inches; 1.44 ounces
More than 15 preloaded GPS and indoor sports apps
This watch is very nice, easy to use, and especially an accompanying tool for runners with high accuracy.
Best For Serious Athletes: Garmin Forerunner 645 Music, GPS Running Watch
- Huge song store
- Sync fast
- Operate effectively
The music is considered good for focusing on workouts, making progress faster. Besides, I personally find that listening to music during exercise will reduce fatigue quite a lot. Among smartwatches that offer a music feature for athletes, Garmin Forerunner 645 Music is the most effective option.
Garmin is a famous wearable brand in the world. That is why they have three of the top six bestselling on the market, including this product.
You may find it very expensive, many times more than other options, but it offers you several advanced features, including ground contact time balance, vertical ratio, stride length, and more. They are really great features because you will know how to practice, how much time you should wait before the next turn, and therefore, the exercise will become somewhat more fun to do.
Besides, you should consider whether this product is compatible with your Bluetooth headset.
|Garmin Forerunner 645 Music, GPS Running Watch Specifications|
1.7 x 0.5 x 1.7 inches; 1.5 ounces
5 ATM water resistance
Forerunner 645 Music is an expensive fitness watch, but trust me, it will worth every cent you purchase.
Best for Samsung users: Samsung Galaxy Fit SM-R370NZKAXAR
- Sleek, good looking
- Eye-catching display
- Small numbers
I have been looking for a less expensive and accurate alternative to many returned products, and Samsung Galaxy Fit is one of the watches I trust to this day.
What I like most about this item is the AMOLED screen. It is far different from other fitness trackers, giving you a display that is easy to track no matter which level of light you are in. Besides, your Samsung phone will also be easy to connect to it, making your tracking workout processes more convenient.
Also, this is the most basic product you can see at an affordable price. On top of that, it works surprisingly strong and accurate.
|Samsung Galaxy Fit SM-R370NZKAXAR Specifications|
1.76 x 0.72 x 0.44 inches; 4.8 ounces
AMOLED screen helps you to see the display even in the sun with better sharpness
Good water resistance
In general, if you love Samsung's basic products with high training efficiency, then you should not miss the great features of the Samsung Galaxy Fit tracker.
How To Choose The Most Accurate Fitness Trackers?
Most fitness trackers have heart rate monitoring because it is very important, can show the health status of a normal person. Besides, you also need to consider some important features like counting steps and estimating calories burned.
But how to choose a highly accurate fitness tracker? In fact, the answer to the accuracy of a fitness tracker depends on what you expect from it. That is, what purpose will you use it for?
For example, if you are expecting a product to help you track your health condition, you only need accuracy in monitoring your heart rate. On the other hand, if you are a gym-goer, you will need a fitness tracker that can accurately estimate the calories you have used for your workouts, etc.
- The more steps you take each day, the healthier your body will be. With a fitness tracker, you can set a goal of 10,000 steps a day to accomplish. Check your step count on two different devices to compare accuracy.
- Besides, many products are underestimated because they do not count the number of steps when the wearers take the stairs or pull strollers. Therefore, you should also check the product carefully before buying it.
Heart Rate Tracking
- Most fitness trackers measure the heart rate very well when people are at rest, but some are inaccurate when they are doing exercise. This is because you sweat during work out, leading to an incorrect heart rate measurement on the device. Therefore, check it with a chest strap to make sure its accuracy.
Calories Burned Estimating
- This is the most complex factor, so it is difficult for a fitness tracker to measure. However, in order to get the most accurate results, make sure you give the tracker information about your body's weight, height, muscle and fat percentage, and some information it requests, such as activities you are performing like jogging or cycling.
Which Brands Make The Most Accurate Fitness Trackers?
- Garmin is a company specializing in GPS technology and has a quite high age, about 30 years, and was founded in the United States. Their area of operation is very wide, ranging from technology for sports activities to technology for cars, aviation, and maritime. After that, they have researched and developed strongly in wearable technology, becoming a competitor to big names in the world such as Apple or Fitbit, especially in terms of the accuracy of their products.
- Lintelek may not be a well-known name like Garmin, Apple, Samsung, or Fitbit, etc. However, their products have been recognized by users from more than 50 countries around the world and that number is constantly increasing.
- You can trust their new technology, which gives high accuracy in algorithms to measure human health indicators. Besides, their products are very affordable, which creates a competitive advantage for them.
Does a fitness tracker overestimate calories burned?
Unfortunately, there are many well-known fitness trackers that overestimate your burned calories when you exercise. That's why you need to research thoroughly before choosing to buy the most accurate fitness tracker.
How accurate is a fitness tracker for calories burned?
- This is what some products may give you false information.
- Anything you do uses up to a certain amount of calories, and many people still use walking as an activity to burn off their calories. As you exercise with greater intensity, such as cycling, jogging, climbing stairs, etc., your calorie burned will increase.
- In general, different activities will use a separate calorie level. Because fitness trackers are not connected to your body but measure it on the wrist, the information they provide is based on estimates and combinations of indicators. That's why sometimes, the calories burned that you see on the face of the fitness tracker will be lower or higher than the actual number.
- The choices we provide above are no exception. However, they are the best options for many different purposes, so you can rest assured to use them.
Are smartwatches worth it?
- For those who are looking for a fitness tracker that looks strong and stable, they can opt for a fitness watch. It has more features than a regular compact fitness tracker, and as a result, its price is also much higher.
So should you buy a fitness watch?
If you have a decent budget with texting, calling, photography, music, exercise instructions, and especially the ability to sync with your phone and laptop, etc., then a smartwatch is the right choice for you.
If not, I recommend not investing all the money you have with an additional loan on these products.
Maybe this is just my personal opinion that the concept of technology is not a trend but a convenience. However, aside from the cost disadvantage, you will be wasting the features of the smartwatch if you do not need to use them.
Can fitness trackers detect heart palpitations?
You can know a lot about your overall health if you know your heart rate. Through fitness trackers, you can track the signs related to it and find out if your body is having a problem.
While fitness trackers still have limitations on absolute accuracy, manufacturers are still aiming for them to become a medical device, not just a workout buddy. Therefore, smartwatches and fitness trackers with heart rate monitoring can accurately measure fluctuations in your heart rate.
If you notice your heart rate suddenly rising rapidly and surpassing the normal resting rate, I recommend you visit your doctor for a cardiac health check.
Besides, the heart rate measurement feature will also help you exercise more effectively. That is, which activity and level of the workout will best suit your body.
Is it better to wear a fitness tracker on the dominant hand?
At first, I had the same opinion on this issue. But, it seems to go against the advice of the manufacturers.
They recommend that you wear a fitness tracker on your non-dominant wrist, which is, if you're left-handed, wear it on your right hand and vice versa. The reason is that when you are right-handed, your right arm will work continuously and more than the left-hand does. This may result in some metrics, such as the number of steps, being skewed.
It is best if you can choose the most accurate fitness tracker. Otherwise, your motor process may be affected and ineffective. Therefore, do not forget to carefully consider the factors making up an accurate fitness tracker that we have guided.