Sleeping on the hard ground can be a part of camping, but it's not worth suffering a stiff back or neck in the morning. That is when the most comfortable camping cots is a smart investment.
But when I first came to the market, I was dazzling in choices. It took me some time to figure out the best items which I've compiled in this list. You may skip, but you will miss all the best choices. So, keep scrolling.
Here are the most comfortable camping cots you can buy in 2020:
- Best Overall: Coleman ComfortSmart Cot
- Runner-Up: Alpcour Folding Camping Cot
- Highest Capacity: TETON Sports Outfitter XXL Camping Cot
- Best For Small People: DESERT WALKER Camping cots
- Best For Winter: Milliard Lightweight Folding Bed
- Best For People With A Bad Back: ELTOW Cozy Folding Camping Cot
|Top 6 Most Comfortable Camping Cots|
|Coleman ComfortSmart Cot||Read Our Review|
|Alpcour Folding Camping Cot||Read Our Review|
|TETON Sports Outfitter XXL Camping Cot||Read Our Review|
Best For Small People
|DESERT WALKER Camping cots||Read Our Review|
Best For Winter
|Milliard Lightweight Folding Bed||Read Our Review|
Best For People With A Bad Back
|ELTOW Cozy Folding Camping Cot||Read Our Review|
Best Overall: Coleman ComfortSmart Cot
- Memory foam mat
- Easy to fold
- Surprisingly comfortable
- Heavy load capacity
- Suitable for tall people
- Low creaking noise
- Narrow width
If it's your first time getting to know camping cots, it's safe to stick with this ComfortSmart from Coleman as it features all the basics and more.
The cot comes ready to go with a thick foam mat slid under the side. It's not an overestimate to say the built-in coil suspension makes the cot feel like the bed at home. Not 100%, but I appreciate the comfort it offers. You can pull it out with ease, but be careful with the sharp end zones on the legs that can tear the mat.
With a max height of 6 ft. 6, the unit is indeed a cozy bed for tall guys, even with great mass. The cot can bear up to 300 lbs. on its sturdy steel construction.
|Coleman ComfortSmart Cot Specifications|
80 x 31 x 15
Thick foam and durable steel
Designed for big campers with a capacity of 300 lbs. and length of 6 ft.6
Kiss goodbye to the hard ground and prepare for a goodnight's sleep right at the campsite.
Runner-Up: Alpcour Folding Camping Cot
- Easy to set up and takedown
- Cool and cozy sleeping surface
- Sturdy construction
- Cannot adjust the headrest
- Hard to open for the first time
The Alpcour cot will give a quality rest to keep you going on the trip. It provides an ideal spot to lounge and sleep.
The cot uses sturdy, and waterproof 600D Polyester fabric material will keep your skin cool and cozy. It's large enough to support up to 300 pounds and comfortable enough for a person of any age to rest snugly and soundly.
Besides, I love the convenient side pocket that keeps my keys, wallet, phone, or even a book secure. This camping cot is quite easy for one person to fold and carry. More than that, it comes with a plush pillow, more added comfort.
|Alpcour Folding Camping Cot Specifications|
75” L x 26” W x 15” H
600D Polyester fabric
Durable and sturdy fabric, quality construction
This Alpcour is a perfect choice for campers, adventurers, or weekend wanderers a nice rest.
Highest Capacity: TETON Sports Outfitter XXL Camping Cot
- Large capacity
- Stiff construction
- High off the ground
- Revolutionary pivot arm
I caught this TETON on a trip out with my fishing fellows, and one of the guys is overweight. He brought this cot and demonstrated its capacity in my amaze.
So, the cot can load up to 600 pounds. That means two muscular men can sit on it worry-free. More than that, I noticed the unique structure of the reinforced steel S-leg assembly, which adds more strength to the whole unit.
Besides, setting up this cot is a game of children with the pivot arm. It's the lever that will assist in pulling the end bars faster than ever.
|TETON Sports Outfitter XXL Camping Cot Specifications|
S-leg structure for more stability and capacity of 600 lbs.
Any big camper can rely on this camping cot for a sound sleep overnight.
Best For Small People: DESERT WALKER Camping cots
- Generous length
- Made of heavy-duty aviation aluminum
- Waterproof bedface
- Not easy assembly
- Hard to attach legs
A small cot is easy to carry and expand. If you are a small guy or you're setting for your little one, this cot is a reasonable choice.
On top of all, this is an ultra-lightweight set of sleeping cot, which weighs only 1.3 kg when packed. It makes use of a 7001 aviation pole to maximize the capacity that can load up to 440 pounds. What is it for? Well, you may sleep alone, but your kids will enjoy playing and jumping on the item; wouldn't it be an advantage?
Spills on the mat? No worry, the Oxford Bed Fabric is waterproof with precision sewing.
|DESERT WALKER Camping cots Specifications|
72.8 X 23.6 X 5.9 inches
Oxford Bed Fabric and 7001 aviation aluminum
Premium material for ultimate durability and capacity
The cot is not only ideal for adults but also children to rest and play on.
Best For Winter: Milliard Lightweight Folding Bed
- Easy to assemble
- Very comfortable mat
- Easy to handle
- Low to the ground
What's better than curling up on your cozy bed in the cold? But what about camping in winter? Here you are, this camping bed with mattress will deliver that warmth from home for you.
The cot features a 4-inch thick foam mattress that can fold up along with the frame for storing. I think this thickness is similar to the one I had when I was a kid; only the width is a bit narrower.
What I like the most is the wheels on the cot's legs. That means I can roll the entire unit to the storage hassle-free. Super portable!
One more thing is this cot is extremely easy to unfold. Better than that, you can remove the mat to clean then lock it back to the frame.
|Milliard Lightweight Folding Bed Specifications|
74 x 31 x 14 inches
Foam mattress and metal bed frame
Rolling wheels for maximum portability and thick mattress
The cot and its mat are just perfect for people who seek portable comfort and warmth in winter.
Best For People With A Bad Back: ELTOW Cozy Folding Camping Cot
- Instantly expanding
- Easy to transport
- Sooth back pain
- Hold up heavy mass
- Cheap carrying bag
Back pain, of course, is a nightmare when you wake up, let alone sleeping in the wild. But this ELTOW cot will get that solved.
It is marked as the most comfortable sleeping cot on Amazon, but I bought it to clarify the claim. Indeed, the sturdy 1680D oxford fabric used for the mat gives lots of support to back, letting you wake up with little pain.
Surprisingly, the whole cot weighs only 14 pounds with an easy-folding mechanism, but it can hold up to 400 pounds. The side pouch will keep your things safe right where you need them.
|ELTOW Cozy Folding Camping Cot Specifications|
74 x 26 x 14.5 inches
Strong Steel Frame and 1680D Oxford Fabric
Soft and cozy thanks to the premium fabric
The cot allows you to catch up with joyful moments in nature and gives you sound snoozing times.
How To Choose The Most Comfortable Camping Cots?
I don't want to make it hard, but buying the most comfortable camping cot is a real challenge. Only when you sleep on the cot, you know whether it suits you or not. That's why it's important to note down a few factors that affect your buying decision.
- There is the fact that the weight capacity is for more than just you lounging on the cot. I've been in situations when my friends want to sit on the cot when we lack camping chairs or my kids jumping on it. That's why you need to count more than your mass.
- Typically, most cots can bear around 300 lbs. But some options can carry 600 lbs. You may not need that much, but don't go too low, too.
- Many times, I heard my companions complained the cot didn't fit them. One guy is too big for the width to flex himself, one got a cot that is a few inches shorter than him. All of those irritations are enough to interfere with your sleep. So, consider the dimensions is also essential.
- A hard-to-spread-out cot may cost you not only time and effort but can also the whole cot can get broken if you pull a lever or push a joint too hard. So, I prefer cots that take the least effort to pull out and pack.
- You may not camp at a single spot in many trips. That's why you need your cot to be lightweight or at least as easy to carry as possible.
- It shouldn't be too large to take up space in your trunk because you have more camping stuff to bring along. But do consider your storing and transporting tactic, so you will know the best cot for you.
Which Brands Make The Most Comfortable Camping Cots?
- It's a no-strange name in the outdoor community. Coleman knows the best about living in the wild. That's why their products aim to make the most convenient and comfortable home right under the sky roof.
- Milliard is one of the best brands in producing mattresses, topper, and all kinds of goods for comfort. They, thus, bring that coziness onto their camping cot, making them one the most comfortable choice for life in the wild.
- Outdoor products from Alpcour have the best quality and price among their competitors. The manufacturer believes in their mission of producing gears that are well-designed and constructed to support outdoor lovers and help them enjoy the most wonderful parts of the trip.
What is the most comfortable way to sleep in a tent?
Sleeping in a tent means you will face the ground and feel the cold from it. That's why you need a cushion layer to insulate.
You can use a sleeping pad then snug yourself in a sleeping bag. If you don't like the bag to encompass your body, make sure you have enough blanket to keep it warm, especially in winter. Besides, don't forget using camping pillows to give your neck a rest.
How can I make my camping bed more comfortable?
To make your camping bed more comfortable, you can add a foam pad on top of the cot (on the tent floor). Then, you can provide the place with pillows and blankets to make it cozier. On cold days, you can warm up your sleeping spot first and try to fend off mosquitos.
Are camping cots comfortable?
Yes. Sleeping cots are cozy but not comparable to your bed at home. However, many side sleepers find the cots comfortable enough to spend their nights. There are many ways to add more leisure to the cot like pads, blankets, earplugs, and also pillows.
Can you use AeroBed camping?
AeroBed is a famous camping bed provider selling inflatable air mattresses that can be used both indoor and outdoor. But setting these beds requires a flat and smooth surface to prevent punctures.
What are the 10 essentials for camping?
Camping is fun, but if you missed these essential things, there would be more troubles to face. So, make sure you have these packed before the trip:
Camping kitchen kit
Believe me! Having the most comfortable camping cots with you on the next trip will bring the fun up to a new level. It's not just about sleeping at night; it's also about lounging comfortably in the middle of nature.
If you think about thrilling in the wild overnight, you must bring the cot. And if you can afford it, carry extra paddings for extra comforts.
Even you are not a camper; a camping will give you the bed to lounge in your garden on a sunny day, by your pool, or right on the porch. In many cases, you may need an extra bed for your guests instead of offering them the sofa.