When you’re on a trip, you will mostly rely on the cooler to keep your food cold from the outside temperature and safe from wild animals.
But standing out from regular coolers, there are rotomolded coolers that provide superior protection for your stuff, but they are also more expensive.
Here are the best cheap rotomolded coolers (Apr 2021 Update):
- Best For Hunting Trips: REYLEO 21/52 Quart Portable Rotomolded Cooler
- Best For Camping: Arctic Zone Titan Deep Freeze Premium Ice Chest Roto Cooler
- Best For Large Groups: KENAI 45 Cooler, Tan
- Best For Extended Trips: Landworks Rotomolded ENHANCED Ice Cooler 20QT
- Best For Fishing Trips: Igloo Sportsman 20Qt Rotomold Cooler
|5 Best Cheap Rotomolded Coolers|
Best For Hunting Trips
|REYLEO 21/52 Quart Portable Rotomolded Cooler|
Best For Camping
|Arctic Zone Titan Deep Freeze Premium Ice Chest Roto Cooler|
Best For Large Groups
|KENAI 45 Cooler, Tan|
Best For Extended Trips
|Landworks Rotomolded ENHANCED Ice Cooler 20QT|
Best For Fishing Trips
|Igloo Sportsman 20Qt Rotomold Cooler|
Best For Hunting Trips: REYLEO 21/52 Quart Portable Rotomolded Cooler
- Deliver 700-pound bear-resistant level - polyurethane foam insulation interior & UV-protective tough roto-molded exterior
- Not slip around when you’re not there - four non-slip feet
- Prevent snagged pant legs and fly lines efficiently - improved low-profile snap-tight latches
- The drainage spout hole is jagged
If you intend to use your rotomolded cooler for hunting trips, it must be well-built to withstand extreme conditions and in some cases, bear’s abuse.
For you, we suggest the REYLEO 21/52 Quart Portable Rotomolded Cooler due to its 700-pound bear-resistant level construction. It is made of polyurethane foam insulation interior and UV-protective exterior with cutting edge durability.
Besides, the four non-slip feet keep it securely in place.
The improved low-profile snap-tight latches are another notable feature as they prevent snagged pant legs and fly lines efficiently.
|REYLEO 21/52 Quart Portable Rotomolded Cooler Specifications|
18 x 13 x 13 inches
polyurethane foam insulation interior & UV-protective tough roto-molded exterior
four non-slip feet
improved low-profile snap-tight latches
Highlighting extraordinary durability and bearing resistance level, the REYLEO 21/52 Quart Portable Rotomolded Cooler is our suggestion for hunting trips
Best For Camping: Arctic Zone Titan Deep Freeze Premium Ice Chest Roto Cooler
- Optimum ice retention capability - a premium blend of polyurethane insulation
- Keep the cold inside efficiently – highly corrosion-resistant T-latches & freezer-grade 360-degree rubber gasket
- Prevent odors and stains of bacterial buildup - integrated Microban product protection
- It’s heavy
- The rubber closures are a little tight
- The claims of keeping ice for 10 days is sketchy
For those who are also a regular camper, we highly recommend choosing this rotomolded cooler because of its premium blend of polyurethane insulation.
Compared to other cheap options, the insulation layer of this one is a lot thicker, meaning superior ice retention. The T-latches, besides, are hugely improved for higher corrosion resistance level.
Combined with the freezer-grade 360-degree rubber gasket, it keeps the cold inside efficiently. Another notable feature is the integrated Microban product protection for higher bacterial odor and stain buildup prevention.
|Arctic Zone Titan Deep Freeze Premium Ice Chest Roto Cooler Specifications|
21.26 x 13.98 x 13 inches
a premium blend of polyurethane insulation
highly corrosion-resistant T-latches & freezer-grade 360-degree rubber gasket
integrated Microban product protection
Based on its unparalleled ice retention capability and low maintenance construction, the Arctic Zone Titan Deep Freeze Premium Ice Chest Roto Cooler is perfect for camping
Best For Large Groups: KENAI 45 Cooler, Tan
- Able to hold 10 pounds of ice along with 60 12-ounce cans at a time – 45-quart capacity
- No global warming potential & eco-friendly – utilize Ecomate
- Extend the life of ice better - KENAI Cooler lids seal
- Reliable – made in the USA
- Quite heavy
This rotomolded cooler delivers the largest capacity on our list and still meets our priority requirement, low price point.
Its capacity is 45 quarts, and it can accommodate 10 pounds of ice along with 60 12-ounce cans at a time, which is perfect to serve larger groups. But what we appreciate the most about this cooler is its materials.
KENAI uses Ecomate for this line not only because of its decent cooling retention capability but also its eco-friendliness. Yes, it has no global warming potential.
The latches and lid, on the other hand, are specifically designed to thoroughly extend the life of the ice. Made in the USA, so just feel peace in mind about its quality.
|KENAI 45 Cooler, Tan Specifications|
28.25 x 16.25 x 16 inches
KENAI Cooler lids seal
made in the USA
The KENAI 45 Cooler is an excellent choice for a large family or group of friends who intend to go camping for a few days.
Best For Extended Trips: Landworks Rotomolded ENHANCED Ice Cooler 20QT
- Ice retention ability is ten days - all-around UV-protection exterior and ultra-thick 3” insulated walls
- Easy to use - Ergonomic handles and snag-free low-profile TPE T-Clasp latches
- Convenient - non-skid feet and dual built-in lock-plate bottle openers
- A bit hefty and awkward to carry
- Might be difficult to open if you’re not directly in front of them with the right leverage
Aside from meeting the minimum standard Days of Ice Retention, this cooler can extend the life of ice ten days if kept in low UV index plus low temp and pre-cooled.
That is a big thank you to its all-around UV-protection exterior and ultra-thick 3” insulated walls. Ergonomic handles and snag-free low-profile TPE T-clasp latches make it easier to use.
For your convenience, it is built with non-skid feet and dual built-in lock-plate bottle openers.
|Landworks Rotomolded ENHANCED Ice Cooler 20QT Specifications|
21.3 x 13.3 x 14.3 inches
all-around UV-protection exterior and ultra-thick 3” insulated walls
Ergonomic handles and snag-free low-profile TPE T-Clasp latches
non-skid feet and dual built-in lock-plate bottle openers
The Landworks Rotomolded ENHANCED Ice Cooler 20QT is the obvious selection for someone who wants a unit with decent ice retention for extended trips
Best For Fishing Trips: Igloo Sportsman 20Qt Rotomold Cooler
- Nice cooling retention - 2” body foam and 2” foam in the gasket lid
- Ideal for fishing trips - exceptional UV protection material and virtually indestructible rotomolded construction
- Keep the content securely while transporting - 3-point rubberized anti-corrosion aluminum T-handle lid latches with grips
- Easy to drain water and maintain - threaded drain plug
- The handle design is not convenient for two people to share the load
Due to the exceptional UV protection material and virtually indestructible rotomolded construction, the Igloo Sportsman 20Qt Rotomolded Cooler is a shining contender for fishing trips.
It is made of polypropylene, featuring 2” body foam and 2” foam in the gasket lid for nice cooling retention. It’s lightweight and the capacity is large enough for 1 or 2 fishermen.
To keep your drinks securely during transportation, it is built with 3-point rubberized anti-corrosion aluminum T-handle lid latches with grips.
The ultra-large, threaded drain plug makes water draining and maintenance a lot easier. Plus, a tether is added for loss prevention.
Another thing that we really like about this unit is itself-stopping lid hinge as it makes opening/closing the cooler very simple.
|Igloo Sportsman 20Qt Rotomold Cooler Specifications|
21 inches x 16 inches x 15 inches
2” body foam and 2” foam in the gasket lid
exceptional UV protection material and virtually indestructible rotomolded construction
3-point rubberized anti-corrosion aluminum T-handle lid latches with grips
threaded drain plug
If you are going to go fishing, then our top recommendation is Igloo Sportsman 20Qt Rotomolded Cooler
How To Choose The Best Cheap Rotomolded Cooler?
Purpose Of Use
A roto-molded is typically designed to withstand extreme weather conditions, including high and low temperatures, bumps and tumbles, harsh adventures, as well as repeated use.
However, not all coolers come with the same quality or capability, and this is the case for roto-molded coolers too.
Therefore, when shopping for a rotomolded cooler, you should keep in mind what you will use for, hunting, boating, fishing, camping, or tailgating, for example.
Wheels are important accessories that help you move the cooler around. If you decide to buy a cooler with wheels, you need to make sure they are made of quality materials. Also, look for a wheel design that lets you maneuver on uneven terrain with ease.
Due to its nature, a roto-molded cooler can be bulky, making it not easy to carry around. This is why you need high-quality handles.
We suggest you go with molded handles, which offer a superior handhold that’s very useful when you have to move the cooler on your own.
Meanwhile, rope handles, featuring a plastic or rubber handpiece, are better for larger coolers carried by at least two people. There are also retractable handles that offer comfort and ease of use but can be damaged more easily.
Thick walls are one of the most important features of a roto-molded cooler.
These walls result from the molding process and they affect the overall rate of temperature retention and bulk. You should go with a design with optimized insulation capability but not-too-thick walls.
In addition, remember that you will have to balance between thickness, the interior space, and the size of the whole cooler.
- Locking ability: the cooler should have reinforced corners and allow for placing a padlock. They will protect your food and goods from strangers and wild animals.
- Dry storage: a partition or tray will help you keep items from directly contacting the
Which Brands Make The Best Cheap Rotomolded Cooler?
Since 1947, this brand has become a market leader in enhancing and optimizing your adventures. It focuses on creating and innovating products.
Founded in 2011, this brand specializes in high-quality coolers. It offers efficient cooling solutions for customers around the world.
No matter what activities you’re doing, this brand will have a cooler that meets your needs. Not just quality and performance, it offers products at competitive prices as well.
What is a rotomolded cooler?
A rotomolded cooler is a piece of equipment designed for keeping ice for an extended time and protecting your goods from wild animals. The rotomolding procedure makes sure all the parts of the cooler features a thick wall with minimal flaws.
Are rotomolded coolers worth the money?
Yes, of course. Rotomolded coolers offer unmatched capabilities thanks to the rotational molding, making them seamless products. They cost more than other coolers but keep the ice much better.
How long should a rotomolded cooler last?
A rotomolded cooler can keep your stuff cold for 5 days.
How to clean and maintain your rotomolded cooler?
Here’s what you should do:
- Clean the outside and inside of the cooler using warm water and mild soap. To get rid of tough stains, you should use water and baking soda.
- To remove odors, you should use a mix of water and chlorine bleach.
- Before storing the cooler, remember to air dry it.
Are more expensive rotomolded coolers better?
Yes, they are. More expensive coolers tend to come at a higher quality and thicker walls for better protection.
With this post, we hope that you have got an idea of what the best cheap rotomolded cooler should be like. There are several factors to take into account, but if you follow our guide closely, you will be able to find the perfect cooler for your use.