A good pair of golf shoes helps you avoid sliding during a swing, as well as stand firmly on the ground for the most accurate swings. It also protects your feet. However, some golf shoes are not comfortable, and only a few golf shoes are designed for wide feet. So I hope my review will help you find the best fit one.
Here are the most comfortable golf shoes for wide feet (May 2023 Update):
- Best Overall: FootJoy Men's Superlites Xp-Previous Season Style
- Best For Wet Grass: Adidas Golf Men's Tour360 Boost-M
- Best For Short Dry Grass: Skechers Performance Men's Go Golf Elite 2
- Best Overall: Skechers Women's Eagle Spikeless
- Stylish Look: Adidas Women's Adipure Sport Golf Shoe
- Best For Dewy Mornings: FootJoy Women's Emerge-Previous Season Style
|Top 6 Most Comfortable Golf Shoes For Wide Feet|
|FootJoy Men's Superlites Xp-Previous Season Style||Read Our Review|
Best For Wet Grass
|Adidas Golf Men's Tour360 Boost-M||Read Our Review|
Best For Short Dry Grass
|Skechers Performance Men's Go Golf Elite 2||Read Our Review|
|Skechers Women's Eagle Spikeless||Read Our Review|
|Adidas Women's Adipure Sport Golf Shoe||Read Our Review|
Best For Dewy Mornings
|FootJoy Women's Emerge-Previous Season Style||Read Our Review|
Best Overall: FootJoy Men's Superlites Xp-Previous Season Style
- Waterproof & Durable
- Fits your feet comfortably
- Grips turf very well
- Simple yet elegant design
- The collar is hard, making it difficult to pull on initially
FootJoy Superlites Xp-Previous Season Style is my pick for the best overall men’s golf shoes. It looks simple, elegant, and stylish that if it was not the name ‘golf shoe’, I would think it is for casual events. The shoes are wide and lightweight, fitting wide feet perfectly. It’s very comfortable wearing these shoes even for all day.
The outsole is made of rubber with traction elements, which grips the turf super well, giving you the advantage of firm stand and swing. The upper is made of synthetic, which is waterproof and durable. Moreover, FootJoy Superlites Xp-Previous Season Style has a pretty affordable price.
Only one thing to complain, it’s the hard collar, which makes it difficult to pull on initially. However, after some days of use, it would be softened up and become much easier to pull on.
|FootJoy Men's Superlites Xp-Previous Season Style Specifications|
Turf Gripping Advantage
FootJoy Superlites Season Style is comfortable, turf-gripping, and has an elegant design.
Best For Wet Grass: Adidas Golf Men's Tour360 Boost-M
- Spiked golf shoe
- Professional look with 100% leather
- Climaproof technology
- Superior cushioning and comfort
- Breathable, flexible, and secure
- High price
Adidas Tour360 Boost-M has a more professional look compared with FootJoy Superlites Season Style. The upper is made of 100% leather with climaproof feature. Climaproof is a signature weather protection technology from Adidas, which optimizes your body’s temperature, protecting you from debris, wind, and rain, also keeping the shoes ventilated. The leather is soft, comfortable, and durable.
The midsole is foam, adding cushioning and comfort for your feet. The 360WRAP heel shape, along with fitfoam GEO collar and tongue foam, contours the feet, giving you more flexibility and control. The outsole is made of rubber with TPU thintech cleats, providing you with great stability and grip even on wet grass.
Tour360 Boost-M is from Adidas, so we cannot expect a low price. However, the shoes are really worth the money.
|Adidas Golf Men's Tour360 Boost-M Specifications|
Rubber & TPU
Spiked golf shoe
360WRAP heel shape
Adidas Tour360 Boost-M is high-class golf shoes with professional 100% leather upper.
Best For Short Dry Grass: Skechers Performance Men's Go Golf Elite 2
- Breathable leather
- Stylish & Low drop design
- Super comfortable
- Nubs on the bottom are like to wear if you run on road too much
When it comes to dry grass, you probably don’t need to care much about sliding but as much comfortable as possible. Skechers Go Golf Elite 2 is a stylish golf shoe that's designed to bring you maximum comfort.
It features a premium leather upper, which is breathable and very push to your feet. The 5GEN midsole is cushioning, the heel cup is padded for stability, and the toe box has extra room. Since you won't need spikes when playing on dry grass, Skechers Go Golf Elite 2 just features small TPU nubs for maximized comfort traction.
Skechers Go Golf Elite 2 is waterproof with leather upper and H2GO Shield seam-sealed. It has a low drop design to keep the center of gravity lower so that you can stand firmly.
Despite the outstanding comfort, however, Skechers Go Golf Elite 2 is not rated highly in terms of durability. The nubs on the bottom are like to wear if you run or walk too much on road. Otherwise, if you only use it on the golf field, it'll be perfectly okay.
|Skechers Performance Men's Go Golf Elite 2 Specifications|
Breathable leather upper
Low drop design
Skechers Go Golf Elite 2 is outstanding comfortable, ideal for short dry grass.
Best Overall: Skechers Women's Eagle Spikeless
- Spikeless golf shoes
- Affordable yet pretty durable
- Water resistant with moisture management interior
- Ultra-lightweight, responsive, and cushioning
- Simple yet appealing design
- It lacks arch support
If you don’t like spiked golf shoes, Skechers Eagle Spikeless would be a great choice for you. It’s affordable but durable that’s made from high-quality materials.
The outsole is made of rubber with small nubs to grip on the grass. This nubs might don’t have enough traction for wet grass, but perfectly fine on dry grass; moreover, they relieve you from the uncomfortable and lack-of-cushioning feel of spikes. The upper is made of textile and synthetic, which is water-resistant, however, breathable with moisture management property. The midsole is 5Gen foam, which is ultra responsive and cushioning.
Skechers Eagle Spikeless has a simple, but to me, good-looking enough design. However, there is one drawback that you need to be aware of. Skechers Eagle Spikeless might don’t have enough arch support, so the shoes would be uncomfortable for those have a high arch.
|Skechers Women's Eagle Spikeless Specifications|
Textile and Synthetic
Skechers Eagle Spikeless is affordable yet high-quality and comfortable spikeless golf shoes.
Stylish Look: Adidas Women's Adipure Sport Golf Shoe
- Stylish design and color, Spikeless
- On/off course versatility
- Lightweight, breathable, flexible
- Rounded toe, wider forefoot, and lower ceiling height
- Not so cushioning
Adidas Adipure Sport has a stylish look with several girly color options, which is pretty interesting depending on your preference. It’s spikeless to maximize comfort and on/off course versatility. The shape of the shoes is special, rounded toe, wider forefoot, and lower ceiling height, especially fit wide feet.
The upper is made of heather textile that is lightweight and breathable. The design adds firmness and flexibility to the shoes.
The fit foam pillow midsole absorbs shock greatly, however, it somewhat lacks some cushioning. This might be a minus to several.
|Adidas Women's Adipure Sport Golf Shoe Specifications|
Lower ceiling height
Adidas Adipure Sport looks stylish and is design especially for wide feet
Best For Dewy Mornings: FootJoy Women's Emerge-Previous Season Style
- Proprietary outsole provides great turf gripping
- Rounded toe, wide forefoot, and standard instep and heel
- Contoured bottom
- Stylish design
- May be too narrow for wide feet
For wet grass, you’ll need shoes that grip very well. FootJoy Emerge-Previous Season Style has enhanced traction with proprietary outsole. It grips turf very well, even on wet grass.
FootJoy Emerge-Previous Season Style is well-known for its comfort, durability, and stylish design. It is lightweight and cushioning. The shape is specially designed for maximum comfort, including rounded toe, wide forefoot, and standard instep and heel. The bottom of the shoe is contoured to perfectly fit the foot. Moreover, FootJoy offers a 1-year warranty for waterproof in normal use.
However, this shoe may be too narrow for wide feet.
|FootJoy Women's Emerge-Previous Season Style Specifications|
FootJoy Emerge-Previous Season Style has impressive traction that grips firmly even on wet grass.
How To Choose The Most Comfortable Golf Shoes For Wide Feet?
- Wide feet need a shoe that has a rounded toe and wider forefoot, while the heel and upper should hold the feet comfortably. You'll also need to consider the arch type of your feet and the shoe.
Spiked Or Spikeless
- Spiked shoes have cleats on the outsole, while spikeless shoes have a flat outsole with rubber studs/nubs/dimples. Spiked shoes have the advantage of superior turf grip, however, they lack cushioning, so you may feel not so comfortable. Spikeless shoes do grip grass well, just a bit less than the spiked, in return, they are cushioning and very comfortable. For common golfers, I recommend the spikeless.
- Leather upper has a professional look but lacks breathability. Synthetic upper is less appealing but has great breathability. It depends on your liking.
Which Brands Make The Most Comfortable Golf Shoes For Wide Feet?
- As you can see from the brand name, Footjoy makes a wide range of shoes. Footjoy is a brand of Acushnet Holdings Company, an American company specialized in golf products. With more than 70 years of experience, they are number 1 maker of shoe and glove for golfers. They have a 'design my own' option, in which you can create your own stylish shoe.
- For men, I recommend FootJoy Men's Superlites Xp-Previous Season Style. For women, I recommend FootJoy Women's Emerge-Previous Season Style.
- Besides shoes, Footjoy also makes apparel, gloves, gears, and other accessories for golf. If you are a golf-enthusiast, Footjoy is the brand worthy of your consideration.
- Adidas, the world-leading sports brands, was founded in 1924, in German. From casual to professional golfers, Adidas has the best-quality golf shoes for all. They are one of the best, if not number one, who make high-quality, comfortable, supporting, and durable golf shoes. Because of that, their price is higher than average, however, to me, it is worth it.
- For men, I recommend Adidas Golf Men's Tour360 Boost-M. For women, I recommend Adidas Women's Adipure Sport Golf Shoe.
- Besides golf shoes, Adidas also makes sports clothing and accessories. All are well-known for the quality, superb comfort and performance.
- Skechers is a very famous shoemaker, headquartered in California, and available in 170 countries. Not like the two brands above who make shoes for competitive purposes, Skechers make shoes as a lifestyle product. However, it does not mean their golf shoes do not have high performance. Their shoes are well-known for their style, innovation, quality, and comfort.
- For men, I recommend Skechers Performance Men's Go Golf Elite 2. For women, I recommend Skechers Women's Eagle Spikeless.
- Besides golf shoes, they also make apparel products, socks, bags, hats, and other accessories. All have good quality and affordable price.
Which golf shoes have the best arch support?
For flat arch, I recommend Skechers Eagle Spikeless. For high arch, I recommend Adidas Tour360 Boost-M for men and Adidas Adipure Sport Golf Shoe for women.
Are spikeless golf shoes better?
Spikeless golf shoes are more cushioning, in return, they don’t have great turf grip as spiked golf shoes. For a casual golf player, spikeless golf shoes would be a better choice.
Why do golfers wear spiked shoes?
Spiked shoes with cleats have great traction that prevents you from slipping as you swing. They also stand firmly on grass, especially wet grass. These are small advantages, but very significant when it comes to professional competition, so professional golfers usually wear spiked shoes.
Do you really need golf shoes?
You don’t. However, a good pair of golf shoes gives you some advantages on the field. It prevents you from slipping as you swing, also helps you stand firmly on the grass.
Do pro golfers still wear metal spikes?
Some tournaments do not allow metal spikes as they are harmful to the turf. Only a minor of professional golfers still wear metal spikes these days (including Tiger Woods).
So, above are my full review of the most comfortable golf shoes for wide feet. FootJoy Superlites Xp-Previous Season Style is my pick for men, and Skechers Eagle Spikeless is my pick for women. Hope it helps you.