Fishing sunglasses are a must to prepare for any fishing trips, whether you are heading out into the deep water or just a bit of fishing while camping. It protects your eyes against UV rays and harsh sunlight glare to stay focus better on what you should be – fishing.
Here are the best fishing sunglasses under 100 (Sep 2021 Update):
- Best Overall: Costa Del Mar Fantail Sunglasses
- Best For Full-Sun Condition: Costa Del Mar Blackfin Sunglasses
- Best For Partial Shade: KastKing Skidaway Polarized Sports Sunglasses
- Best Overall: Bircen Mens Polarized Carbon Fiber Sunglasses
- Best For Sunny Days: Mamjoin Polarized Sports Sunglasses
- Best For Low-Light: DUCO Polarized Sports Cycling Sunglasses
|Top 6 Best Fishing Sunglasses Under $100|
|Costa Del Mar Fantail Sunglasses||Read Our Review|
Best For Full-Sun Condition
|Costa Del Mar Blackfin Sunglasses||Read Our Review|
Best For Partial Shade
|KastKing Skidaway Polarized Sports Sunglasses||Read Our Review|
|Bircen Mens Polarized Carbon Fiber Sunglasses||Read Our Review|
Best For Sunny Days
|Mamjoin Polarized Sports Sunglasses||Read Our Review|
Best For Low-Light
|DUCO Polarized Sports Cycling Sunglasses||Read Our Review|
Best Overall: Costa Del Mar Fantail Sunglasses
- Scratch- and impact-resistant with excellent grade of clarity even though it is a plastic lens
- Durable and solid to hold up well daily abuse
- 100% polarized to reduce glare efficiently
- The rubber part can’t stand direct heat
The Costa Del Mar Fantail Sunglasses are an incredibly functional blend of style and high-grade traits to works for most activities on water and land.
With a lightweight, 580 polycarbonate lenses, they still manage to offer flawless contrast and a high degree of clarity without as getting as much scratch and impact as other plastic lenses.
The best thing is it reduces glare to being nonexistent virtually without sacrificing details or brightness. So it is a great choice for all-day wear-ability.
Solid yet comfortable co-injected bio-based nylon frame helps these shades are easy to wear while holding up well daily abuse.
|Costa Del Mar Fantail Sunglasses Specifications|
1.5 x 7 x 3 inches
co-injected bio-based nylon frame
Polycarbonate & trivex are your lightest and most durable lens material options
100% UV blockage for maximum protection
100% polarization kills reflected glare
When it comes to best-overall performance and quality, the Costa Del Mar Fantail doesn’t stack up to the competition.
Best For Full-Sun Condition: Costa Del Mar Blackfin Sunglasses
- Frame fits very well to the wearer’s face shape that you don’t dauntingly adjust them all the time
- No sidelight penetration and great polarization -> ultimate eye protection
- Blue mirrors are perfect to improve vision in full-sun or very bright conditions
- You will have to take a little while to get used to the inside orange tint
- Not scratch resistant as excellently as the Fantail
The Costa Del Mar Backfin is the best fishing sunglasses for money that you hardly get in a store.
The blue-colored lenses are perfect for full-sun fishing or any sports that have you out in the water. Thanks to the completely polarized function, you can see everything clearly like X-ray vision under bright sunshine or through the rough glare.
We really like them, and the fact that they’re entirely made in the USA so you can ensure the quality, at least in our standards.
Considering its impressive performance, we would suggest these shades for boat fishing, fly fishing, or offshore fishing, in very bright conditions.
|Costa Del Mar Blackfin Sunglasses Specifications|
8 x 4 x 3 inches
Frame Material: Plastic
Lens Material: Plastic
Lens Width: 60.5mm
Tough and durable
Impact- and scratch-resistant
Whether you’re cruising, diving, or going ocean fishing, the Costa Del Mar Blackfin will achieve what they really matter – harsh glare reduction without missing the vision. Well-done!
Best For Partial Shade: KastKing Skidaway Polarized Sports Sunglasses
- Can offer the most realistic color reproduction while increasing depth and contrast perception in cloudy to sunny conditions
- Don’t make your eyes strain or cause headaches
- Can block UVA and UVB ray completely
- The inner yellow tint is a little bit distracting at first, you will need time to get used to it
- Wish for more coverage on eyes
- Not entirely polarized, meaning for not ultimate glare deduction
When setting out to test the top sunglasses that work efficiently in bright sunlight and partial shade, we thought first about its depth and contrast perception increase and second about the realistic color reproduction.
The US-made KastKing Skidaway takes the cake for excellent optical quality with high quality Japanese and German raw materials to not only be scratch-resistant and tough but also lightweight.
It had been through a double decentering test to ensure the wearer doesn’t feel headaches or eye strains caused by optical distortion.
The unit is polarized like almost good fishing sunglasses would be but making it outstanding is the ability to completely block UVA and UVB rays.
If you prefer some technical information, this product meets and exceeds ANSI standards.
|KastKing Skidaway Polarized Sports Sunglasses Specifications|
4 x 10 x 5”
Impact-resistant TAC lenses
1.0mm polarized lenses
From the KastKing Skidaway, what you’ll receive are not just the most realistic color reproduction with no optical distortion but also the ultimate blocking ability against UVA and UVB rays. What else to ask?
Best Overall: Bircen Mens Polarized Carbon Fiber Sunglasses
- Incredibly lightweight yet tough and strong to handle well outdoor abuse
- Anti-corrosion, chemically stable, and resistant to salt, alkali, and acid -> perfect to work in damp or harsh conditions
- Some of our testers said it was too flat for their preference, which didn’t conform to their face well
The Bircen Men’s Polarized Sunglasses features the newest eyewear material to optimally cut off any excessive weight. That makes it less than ¼ of the weight of normal metal glasses and up to 30% lighter than the titanium frames.
So for those whose ears and nose are prone to hurt by wearing sunglasses for a long time, this would be a noteworthy contender.
In terms of strength and durability, carbon fiber is considered 10 times stronger than iron while staying well-resistant to salt, alkali, and acid as well as chemically stable. Unlike the plastic sunglasses, it is kept intact in a harsh or damp environment, especially the anti-corrosion ability.
That’s why it is the best choice for saltwater fishing.
|Bircen Mens Polarized Carbon Fiber Sunglasses Specifications|
7.2 x 3 x 2.5 inches
Magnesium aluminum frame
Have a UV rating of 400
Carbon fiber arm
Lens width: 65 millimeters
At under $30, the unsurpassed performance with many extra functionalities of Bircen Men’s Polarized Sunglasses makes it our top pick for saltwater fishing.
Best For Sunny Days: Mamjoin Polarized Sports Sunglasses
- The reasonably curved shape fits nicely to almost face shapes with comfort
- Equipped with anti-slip end tip and rubber nose pad for better grip
- Save you from many eye diseases related to ultraviolet radiation
- The most affordable sunglasses in this list
- The bridge area might not completely fit Asian fishers
Coming up with a black hue and polarized multi-layer lens, we find the Mamjoin is a highly potential choice for water sports activities.
It can filter and block up to 99.96% of glare to improve optimally your visibility and provide maximum comfort. Don’t worry, these lenses have vertically oriented filter layer embedded for very good scratch resistance and durability to stay intact against outdoor usage abuse.
Another noteworthy trait is its UV400 protection that can block almost completely both UVA and UVB rays, saving you from many eye diseases related to ultraviolet radiation, especially Cataract.
Besides, it doesn’t feel too flat on the face like the Bircen and there equipped with anti-slip end tip and rubber nose pad for better grip.
|Mamjoin Polarized Sports Sunglasses Specifications|
6.9 x 3 x 3 inches
Swiss TR90 memory frame
Filter and block over 99.96% of glare
100% UV400 protection
Picking the Mamjoin, you will save the nerve of harmful ultraviolet radiations, harsh sunlight, considering which sunglasses to fit your face shape or they keep slipping down along your nose. So why not pick it now?
Best For Low-Light: DUCO Polarized Sports Cycling Sunglasses
- Feature a rimless jacket frame design, which is cool and fashionable
- Made to be ultra-flexible and unbreakable to last longer, no matter how clumsy you are
- The nose pieces are easy to adjust to fit your face more
- Slightly easy to get scratch
- The frame might sit a little bit high on your nose
If fashion is part of your most concerns when looking for a pair of fishing sunglasses, the cool rimless jacket frame design of DUCO Polarized Sports might be what you’re after.
With a rich hue combination of lens and frames, it can easily match almost fishing fashion styles.
We are impressed that the unit is specifically made to be unbreakable and impact-resistant, which is a big thank you to the TR90 Swiss technology.
Out of many lens color options to choose, this colorful one is our top choice for the low-light environments, like on shady or cloudy days. If this is your very first time trying a product from DUCO, might its 30-day money-back guarantee will give you more confidence.
|DUCO Polarized Sports Cycling Sunglasses Specifications|
7.6 x 3.9 x 2.6 inches
Swiss TR90 memory frame
100% UV400 Protection Coating
5 Interchangeable Lenses - for Different Environmental Condition
We particularly suggest the colorful lens DUCO Sunglasses for those people who usually go fishing in low-light conditions.
How To Choose The Best Fishing Sunglasses Under $100?
When choosing a color for your fishing sunglasses, remember that it is not just dependent on your taste but also the environment that you’re about to go fishing on.
There are basically three main options of lens colors:
- Smoky/grey tint
- Green tint
- Blue tint
Decrease light transmission
Deliver a clearer natural vision
Walking in a bright sunny day
Offer a clearer view on cloudy or rainy days
Give you a view with better contrast
Fishing inshore or in freshwater
Allow you to see better in bright and harsh sunny day
Fish on open water from the vessel
- There are two common types of lens materials on the market – plastic lens and glass lens.
- Though the glass lenses are more expensive than the plastic, rest the heart that you’re still able to buy a good-quality pair at the price range under $100.
- It’s just you consider which one is more comfortable and clearer to choose from.
- The plastic lens is much lighter and more affordable than the glass lens, however, it is at the mercy of scratch and doesn’t provide a clear vision as its counterpart.
- Glass lenses, on the contrary, give you the clearest view without getting scratches easily. But they are quite heavy on your face.
- Comfort: It’s frustrating to adjust your fishing glasses all the time for comfort. So choosing a pair that matches with your face shape and size is very important
- Lens coating: This would be an inexpensive way to add some extra functions to your sunglasses but take note that they would be prone to get scratches than ever. Make sure you have a good case to protect them.
Which Brands Make The Best Fishing Sunglasses Under $100?
- Being a wholly-owned subsidiary of Essilor, Costa or Costa Del Mar is a reliable US polarized sunglasses manufacturer based in Florida. It was established in 1983 and one of their products has won Best of Show: Eyewear at ICAST 2018.
- KastKing is quite a popular brand recently specializing in fishing gear. It won the 2015 ICAST Award New Product Showcase Winner. The high-quality products, various lines, and professional services of this brand make it hard to believe that it was just set up in 2011.
- Duco has been an exceptional eyewear brand and manufacturer since 2012. Their product lines are vast, from men’s, women’s, to kids.
Are Polarized lenses worth it?
Non-polarized lenses normally just help you decrease the amount of light coming through them, which means your eyes still get glare and this is a big nuisance both at daylight and night.
It can cause temporary blindness, distort your colors and vision, and impairs depth perception.
So if you have to focus on something, like driving or fishing, polarized lenses are worth it.
How do you tell if my sunglasses are polarized?
Check the level of glare by looking through the lenses. If they are polarized, you will find they’re slightly darker than the normal ones with little to no glare.
How long will fishing sunglasses last?
Averagely 1.5 to 2 years.
What color lens is best for fishing
This feature is dependent on which environment you are going to fish in. There are three main options of lens colors:
Grey tint – best for walking in harsh sunlight
Green tint – best for fishing inshore or in freshwater
Blue tint – best for fishing offshore or on open water from the vessel
Are mirrored lenses better than polarized?
The mirrored lenses are ideal for daily usage while the polarized are better for people who work a lot under harsh sunlight, like fishing, cruising, or driving.
As we wind it up, you need to understand that choosing the best fishing sunglasses under 100 doesn’t mean we are telling you to go for cheap. It is essential to know the difference between a reasonably priced and cheaply made. And we hope the list above has been helpful to you. Thanks for reading!