Aren’t you looking for polarized sunglasses for under $100?
But we guess you might be confused about how to distinguish a pair of shades is good or gimmick at the price range. And rest assured, we’re here to help! Below are the top 7 best polarized sunglasses for under 100 and some extra advice to give you a better idea to choose the right one.
Here are the best polarized sunglasses for under 100 (Feb 2023 Update):
- My Favorite: KastKing Toccoa Polarized Sports Sunglasses
- Best For Running: RIVBOS Polarized Sports Sunglasses Rb833
- Best For Hunting: MOTELAN Polarized Outdoor Sports Sunglasses
- Best For Baseball Players: JOJEN JE001
- Best For Skiing: DUCO Polarized Sports Cycling Sunglasses
- Best For Driving: Bircen Night Driving Glasses
- Best For Hockey: Blade Shades Sports Sunglasses
|Top 7 Best Polarized Sunglasses For Under $100|
|KastKing Toccoa Polarized Sports Sunglasses||Read Our Review|
Best For Running
|RIVBOS Polarized Sports Sunglasses Rb833||Read Our Review|
Best For Hunting
|MOTELAN Polarized Outdoor Sports Sunglasses||Read Our Review|
Best For Baseball Players
|JOJEN JE001||Read Our Review|
Best For Skiing
|DUCO Polarized Sports Cycling Sunglasses||Read Our Review|
Best For Driving
|Bircen Night Driving Glasses||Read Our Review|
Best For Hockey
|Blade Shades Sports Sunglasses||Read Our Review|
My Favorite: KastKing Toccoa Polarized Sports Sunglasses
- Meet and exceed U.S. ANSI standards to ensure the UV radiation elimination ability
- Provide 0.1mm polarized lenses for optimal eye protection against glare and ultraviolet radiations – things that other counterpart at the same price range hardly do
- Stylish design -> versatile and ideal to be used on different occasions
- The hinges are slightly flimsy
- Wish the lens colors to be a little bit darker
The KastKing Toccoa is an all-around fantastic shade for different activities, from running, cycling, fishing, to driving.
While protecting your eyes from flying objects, it is one of rare sunglasses - at this price point - equipped with a 0.1mm polarized lens that can block 100% harmful UV radiations to deliver no optical distortion.
This product line provides a gamut of color lenses to improve your visibility in a certain environment. For example, the brown is better on partly cloudy to sunny conditions while the grey is in bright sunlight.
By cutting all glare caused by reflected light, it prevents your eyes from squinting or feeling the strain and besides, avoids headaches efficiently.
|KastKing Toccoa Polarized Sports Sunglasses Specifications|
5.3” x 1.7” x 5.3”
Impact-resistant TAC lenses
Durable, and comfortable
Great fit, clarity, and fashionable for a great price, the KastKing Toccoa is excellent shades that provide the sports needs without so much of the sports look.
Best For Running: RIVBOS Polarized Sports Sunglasses Rb833
- Can protect eyes against all UV radiations (even UVC rays) and blue light up to 400nm
- Eliminate a huge amount of scattered light and reflected light for the clearest visibility
- Lightweight yet durable, well air-vented frame to last longer, cause no pain to your ears, and not feel hot
- Aesthetics isn’t these shades’ forte
Our standards to find the best shades for running or MTB are first off, they must not slip around the wearer’s face, especially when sweating and secondly, be lightweight.
Of other counterparts, this RIVBOS is stand out to be our best choice for that.
While highlighting a nicely curved shape, these sunglasses also feature ultra-lightweight yet durable Switzerland TR90 frame with air vents. So if you wear it for hours, rest the heart that your eyes or nose won’t feel pain at all.
Its lens quality is very notable.
Aside from a TAC polarized layer embedded into them, there is an additional mirror coating. This combination helps cut a huge amount of reflected light, glare, UV radiations (including UVA, UVB, and UVC), and even blue light up to 400nm.
|RIVBOS Polarized Sports Sunglasses Rb833 Specifications|
6.3 x 5.51 x 1.57 inches
SWITZERLAND TR 90 Material Frame
Super lightweight & durable
Made of flexible TR90 material
Not only be lightweight and well air-ventilated but the RIVBOS shades also come with optimal eye protection against bright sunlight. For those reasons, we highly recommend them for runners.
Best For Hunting: MOTELAN Polarized Outdoor Sports Sunglasses
- The mirror coating is prone to chip offThe camo pattern is not resistant to UV rays and sunlight, meaning that it’s easy to fade away
- The mirror coating is prone to chip off
- The camo pattern is not resistant to UV rays and sunlight, meaning that it’s easy to fade away
MOTELAN Camo Sunglasses were made for real outdoorsmen.
The camouflage frames with special patterns’ design help to blend perfectly to the tundra environment.
You don’t have to be anxious about its durability, either, because it features FDA impact-resistance standard lenses and TR90 frame to be not only scratch-free but also shatterproof. And rest assured that it’s still comfy to wear thanks to the soft rubberized coating.
Like other shades for outdoor usage, polarization is top-notch and this model comes in 1.1mm polarized lens with UV400 protection for ultimate eye protection.
Such as reflection deduction, visual clarity enhancement, realistic perception increase, no squinting eyes, and contrast enhancement.
|MOTELAN Polarized Outdoor Sports Sunglasses Specifications|
6 x 3 x 2.1 inches
TR90 Camouflage Frame
Photochromic polarized lens
If you’re in need of a pair of good shades for hunting, the MOTELAN polarized outdoor sunglasses will never let you down.
Best For Baseball Players: JOJEN JE001
- TAC HD polarized lenses with 9 coated layers help you see baseball in the air, under direct sunlight without squinting your eyes
- Stylish design to match flawlessly different occasions, from baseball-playing to daily use or being a party item
- Don’t slide down when you’re moving or sweating
- The arms are a little bit longer than wanted
- Wish it were slightly darker
- The mirror coating is prone to chip off
Built with TAC HD polarized lenses with 9 coated layers, JOJEN JE001 is an amazing but effective pair of baseball sunglasses that will not only protect your eyes optimally but also make you look good while joining the game.
It can block 100% UV radiations and restore true colors to give absolutely no problems seeing the baseball in the air, even when almost directly looking into the sun.
Besides, what we like about them are the lightness and durability.
It didn’t make our testers feel pain in the ears or nose after a baseball match while capably bearing harsh abuse like collisions, drops, and bumps with not even a scratch.
One small bonus is it comes in a wide range of frame color options that would compliment nicely any type of baseball uniform you wear with.
|JOJEN JE001 Specifications|
5.31 x 1.65 x 5.43 inches
TAC HD lens
Lens width: 2.16 inches
9 layer-coated lens
JOJEN JE001 – the baseball player’s hero - is designed to help you excel in the in-between. Its styling lets you jump from your baseball match into the party without looking like you’ve come from outdoor activity.
Best For Skiing: DUCO Polarized Sports Cycling Sunglasses
- There is minimal fogging on the lenses to improve its clarity and your visibility while skiing
- You’re still able to distinguish between snow and surrounding ambience
- Come with 5 interchangeable lenses to fit more environmental conditions
- Have air vents on the lenses to avoid steam and fog efficiently
- Your face might feel colder than the non-vented sunglasses
- Its flatness might slightly reduce peripheral vision
Introducing our No.1 choice for skiing, DUCO Polarized Sports Sunglasses.
It comes with cylindrical UV400 coated lenses, Swiss TR90 frame thermoplastic material, and a 30-day money-back guarantee. So wearing these when carving down the most exhilarating hills in the world, just rest the heart that your eyes are fully protected against the sun reflection.
The best thing about these shades is the lens vents to help control fogging. Our testers said that while skiing, they realized there was little to no fogging on these sunglasses, which is great.
Another noteworthy feature is its 5 interchangeable lenses that you can switch for different environmental conditions.
|DUCO Polarized Sports Cycling Sunglasses Specifications|
7.6 x 3.9 x 2.6 inches
Swiss TR90 memory frame
Blocks 100% harmful UVA & UVB Rays
Produced through Swiss technology
A brilliant down-to-Earth pair of shades for skiing, DUCO Polarized Sports Sunglasses come with several outstanding features to keep your eyes well-protected and comfy when getting closer to the sun than you’ve ever been before.
Best For Driving: Bircen Night Driving Glasses
- Feature yellow-colored, anti-reflective, polarized lenses for an ultra-crisp, clear view to drive at night
- The magnesium-aluminum frame makes it more durable yet lightweight to last longer and stay comfortable on your face despite hours of constant driving
- The nose guards don’t work well
If you are looking for an ultra-crisp, clear view to drive at night, we suggest the Bircen polarized shades with yellow tint color – and extra points for their anti-reflective lenses.
While filtering out over 90% of harmful light to increase the safety of drivers at night, it can enhance the contrast and brightness in dim conditions. Work best on foggy to rainy weather conditions and can eliminate 100% UV rays.
Making the night driving glasses stronger yet lighter to wear is their magnesium-aluminum frame. It is also elastic and flexible to not break if dropped and can fit all face shapes with no pain.
The unit is also designed for other outdoor sports, such as running, skating, fishing, and cycling.
|Bircen Night Driving Glasses Specifications|
7 x 2.8 x 2.6 inches
Magnesium aluminum frame
Lens width: 65 millimeters
Al-mg frame and metal hinge
Suitable for all face shapes and dropped without breaking
Out of the seven polarized shades we tested, the Bircen Night Driving is the best for night driving thanks to its yellow-colored HD anti-reflective lenses.
Best For Hockey: Blade Shades Sports Sunglasses
- Feature the frames that look like a true hockey stick, making these shades a fun hockey item but not cheesy to show their passion to the game
- They’re still equipped with basic eye-protection features
- FDA-approved to be legitimate good to use
- Not anti-scratch or impact-resistant so you should wear it with care
- Not include a soft case
The Blade Shades are fun sunglasses with a hockey theme. The best thing is, they are just subtle enough to show your passion for the game without looking too exaggerating or annoying.
We love the brilliant idea of mimicking their frame to the shape and style of a modern carbon fiber ice hockey stick and yet, not sacrifice its basic functionality – eye protection.
The shades feature high-grade polarized lenses with 400UV rating that have been FDA approved. In other words, they are legitimate good and not gimmicky at all to be worn in sunny to partly cloudy weather conditions.
The styling makes it look nice on any face shape and suitable for any genders so if you’re looking for a novelty gift for a hockey fan, look no further than these.
|Blade Shades Sports Sunglasses Specifications|
6 x 3 x 1 inches
High-Quality Polycarbonate frame
Lens width: 55 millimeters; polycarbonate mirrored lens
With a cool and subtle hockey theme, not cheesy, the Blade Shades sunglasses are a must-have for any hockey fan.
How To Choose The Best Polarized Sunglasses For Under $100?
Purpose Of Use
- Polarized sunglasses are specifically designed for different purposes of use.
- For example, there are only specific tint colors of lens used in a certain condition. A pair for daylight fishing, cycling, and running should feature darker shades than shades for night driving. Or, skiing sunglasses should be equipped with an extra layer of anti-fogging and air vents.
- If you want one to be worn on multiple occasions, like for both daily use and some outdoor sports, what you should think is first about eye protection performance and second about design.
- As stated above, lens colors are not something chosen based on just personal preference but also what you intend to use them for.
- Lens tints play an important role in two things – contrasts and real colors – and they are available in:
Activities affected by glaring, like water sports and fishing
Perfect for daily use
Snowy or hazy conditions, such as snowboarding and skiing or other winter sports
Low light conditions, like haze and fog
Use electronic devices like laptops or monitors
Daily use, especially in summer or sunny days
Day driving or outdoor sports
In low-light conditions
- Note: When choosing the lens colors, it should be slightly lighter to avoid color distortion when balancing out glare-resistant features.
- Better materials in the lenses are typically going to affect:
- How heavy they feel on your face
- How long they last
- How well they work to boost clarity
- And there are four main kinds of lens materials – acrylic, polyurethane, polycarbonate, and glass.
- Acrylic is the most affordable out of a bunch and very lightweight to wear comfortably within hours. It tends to be made for casual usage because typically, acrylic lenses deliver little vision clarity and impact resistance to handle the abuse of avid outdoor enthusiasts.
- A better choice for outdoor usage is polyurethane due to its longevity and scratch resistance while still being lightweight and flexible to be unbreakable. However, it would be more expensive.
- At the same-same price range, we have polycarbonate lenses with very excellent clarity and abuse handling. It is considered the most durable kind of material to handle harsh impacts very well but its drawback is not scratch-resistant.
- Last but not least is a glass lens. In terms of performance, scratch resistance, and clarity for outdoor enthusiasts, it is top-notch. But a sad thing is, glass is prone to break, making it less durable than other materials so you should use it with care. Besides, this material is told to be too heavy to wear for a while.
Which Brands Make The Best Polarized Sunglasses For Under $100?
- KastKing is a well-known USA-based company specializing in manufacturing fishing gear, including specifically-designed sunglasses. Though it’s a young company – founded in 2011, KastKing received its first award very soon, ICAST Best of Show Award in 2015, which makes it more reliable.
- At DUCO, there are numerous sunglasses to choose from and you can rest the heart to buy this brand because it has had over 8 years’ expertise in this industry and is well-known for quality. Each product of DUCO is backed by a reliable warranty as well.
What color polarized lenses are best?
There are several certain colors of polarized lenses that work best on a specific occasion. To know more, you can take a peek at the buying guide included in this article.
What's better polarized or nonpolarized?
The biggest difference between polarized and non-polarized sunglasses is how they impact your visibility under direct sunlight. The polarized can decrease the amount of sun haze and glare while the non-polarized cannot.
According to that, the polarized will work better in driving or outdoor activities like water sports, running, biking, and hiking while the non-polarized is ideal for daily use, snowing, and flying.
Are Polarized lenses worth it?
If glare and sun haze bother or distract you from what you should be, like driving or playing sports, a pair of polarized lenses is worth a try.
What color lens is best for bright days?
Green tint! It’s because green tint can eliminate efficiently glare while filtering out other light to bring the most realistic colors.
Can pilots wear polarized sunglasses?
It’s not suggested for pilots to wear polarized sunglasses because they will find it harder to read those LCD displays or other aircraft appear on traffic.
How can you tell if glasses are polarized?
By looking through the lens, you can distinguish between polarized and non-polarized shades. If you find the sun haze or glare disappears through the lens, it is polarized.
Above is everything you need to equip yourself to choose the best polarized sunglasses for under 100 without misleading of poorly-made products.
It might take more or less time to pick out the right one but we promise that it’ll be a lot easier as long as you know what you need and your budget. Thanks for reading!