Golf rangefinders are our jam!
We’ve tested over 50 models from different brands in the last eight months to round up to these nine standout options.
While being analyzed in different price ranges, these best budget golf rangefinders are picked due to specific needs so rest the heart that you’ll find out the most suitable one here.
Here are the best budget golf rangefinders (Aug 2022 Update):
- Best Overall: Gogogo Sport 650/900Yard
- Multi-Purpose: MiLESEEY Professional Precision Laser Golf Rangefinder
- Best For Beginners: WAKYME Rangefinder, Golf & Hunting Rangefinder
- Best Overall: TecTecTec VPRO500
- Best For Tournament Play: Precision Pro Golf Nexus
- Best For Long-Range: Bozily Golf Rangefinder, 6X Rechargeable Laser Range Finder
- Best Overall: TecTecTec ULT-X Golf Rangefinder
- Best For Professional Golfers: Precision Pro Golf NX7 Pro
- Best For Short-Range: Callaway EZ Laser Rangefinder 2019
|9 Best Budget Golf Rangefinders|
|Gogogo Sport 650/900Yard||Read Our Review|
|MiLESEEY Professional Precision Laser Golf Rangefinder||Read Our Review|
Best For Beginners
|WAKYME Rangefinder, Golf & Hunting Rangefinder||Read Our Review|
|TecTecTec VPRO500||Read Our Review|
Best For Tournament Play
|Precision Pro Golf Nexus||Read Our Review|
Best For Long-Range
|Bozily Golf Rangefinder, 6X Rechargeable Laser Range Finder||Read Our Review|
|TecTecTec ULT-X Golf Rangefinder||Read Our Review|
Best For Professional Golfers
|Precision Pro Golf NX7 Pro||Read Our Review|
Best For Short-Range
|Callaway EZ Laser Rangefinder 2019||Read Our Review|
Best Overall: Gogogo Sport 650/900Yard
- Deliver accurate data and measurement - LCD Digital display & accuracy ±1m
- Multi-purpose use – the slope function, vibration, and pinsensor technologies
- The color isn’t the best
- Have no place to attach a tripod
Almost across the board, this golf rangefinder has everything we need, and its performance is exactly the same thing of the high-end brands (Garmin, for example) at a price tag that can’t be cheaper.
We tested it at the same spot and received almost the same reading returned.
But the most impressive is its pin seeker which is within one second faster than the Garmin’s ($500+). Combining with other built-in latest functions, such as ARC, flagpole-locking vibration, and range reading, it is absolutely perfect for multi-purpose use.
The unit is also easy to lock the flag.
The rangefinder even comes with the slope function to be used on other occasions, such as hiking, climbing, and hunting.
|Gogogo Sport 650/900Yard Specifications|
Gogogo Sport 650/900Yard Golf Rangefinder
6X Magnification Laser Range Finder
For people who want a budget golf rangefinder with highly intuitive, accurate and cost-effective, this is it.
Multi-Purpose: MiLESEEY Professional Precision Laser Golf Rangefinder
- Lock target really fast - Fast Target lock Technology
- Deliver highly accurate measurement – up to ±0.5M/0.55yard
- Offer highly accurate angle-compensated distance on hilly terrains - TOF (Time of Flight) technology and angle slope compensation system
- Safe to use – meet FDA certification
- A bit pricier
- Take longer time to measure distances of 100+ yards
While some people want a specialized rangefinder for golfing, the others need it to be versatile for multiple uses, like hunting or climbing. For them, we highly recommend MiLESEEY.
It is one of the best premium laser rangefinders out there, giving the fastest target locking ability within 200 yards with the highest accuracy (up to ±0.5M/0.55yard while most models are just within ±1yard).
But what makes it a multi-purpose model is the application of angle slope compensation system and TOF technology, which offers higher accuracy of angle compensated distance for up/downhill shots.
Besides, the design of this model is very lightweight and compact with easy one-handed construction and non-slip environmental-friendly soft rubber.
We do appreciate its eye safety aspect, which meets FDA certification.
|MiLESEEY Professional Precision Laser Golf Rangefinder Specifications|
6x magnification with HD fixed focal length ranging system
Multiple modes (flagpole scanning mode, golf slope adjusted, distance measurement, speed measurement)
Specifically designed for golfing and hunting, with many prominent and practical add-ons, the MiLESEEY Professional Precision Laser Golf Rangefinder is best to use for multiple purposes.
Best For Beginners: WAKYME Rangefinder, Golf & Hunting Rangefinder
- Functional and workable – include 4 modes and slope function
- Ideal for people wearing glasses – adjustable eyepieces
- Affordable – price under $70
- Difficult to make club selections if you’re not confident about yardage
When looking for the best golf rangefinder for beginners, we particularly pay attention to the design. It should be simple to use with clear instructions and in addition to, pricing is a big concern.
Luckily enough, we found this perfect rangefinder from WAKYME.
It includes four functional modes.
The scan mode to easily determine the target, the speed mode to get faster data, the golf mode integrated vibration resistance technology and 180/200-yard flat pole locking ability, and finally, the normal measure distance mode with ranging within 5 to 650 yards.
Don’t worry if you want it to measure a hilly distance as there also comes with the built-in slope function.
Above all, the design is very user-friendly. We are strongly impressed with the adjustable eyepiece so that people wearing glasses can use this with ease.
|WAKYME Rangefinder, Golf & Hunting Rangefinder Specifications|
Golf & Hunting Rangefinder
650/1000 Yards 6X Range Finder with Slope
In our standards, the best budget golf rangefinder for newbie must be easy to use, functional, and give a stable image as well as accurate data. But with the WAKYME, it even gives you more than that.
From $100 To $200
Best Overall: TecTecTec VPRO500
- Deliver quick, convenient calculations - continuous measurement mode
- Easy to read data as well as track the battery and distance - premium, ultra-clear, multilayered optics
- Give you an accurate measurement on areas with multiple obstacles - Pin-Sensor technology
- A bit struggle to get a lock-in basic mode
- The shut-off time from after navigating a distance is long, which runs down the battery long term
The TecTecTec VPRO500 offers the best performance we’ve ever used at this price range.
While weighing just 185 grams, the rangefinder packs a bunch, including ultra-clear, multilayered optics, Pin Sensor technology with +/-1 yard of accuracy, and constant scan mode function.
Additionally, it is constructed with water-resistant materials for long-lasting durability and decent endurance. This model works best within 540 yards and perfect to fast calculate the distance in wooded or hazard areas. On the screen, the battery meter and distance are always displayed for easier tracking.
|TecTecTec VPRO500 Specifications|
+/- 1 yard
TecTecTec VPRO500 Golf Rangefinder measure up to 540 yards with continuous scan mode
Advanced Pin-Sensor technology and a durable
If you prefer something lightweight and compact for travel light, in addition to high performance and optimal functions, starting with the TecTecTec VPRO500 is the way to go.
Best For Tournament Play: Precision Pro Golf Nexus
- Extremely accuracy and quick - using the brand’s first target acquisition system and infused with Target Acquisition Technology
- Good at locking a target
- Ultra-convenient – come with a threaded hole for attachments
- Not ideal for shaky hands - Don’t have pulse vibration function
- The carrying case is a bit narrow
The Precision Pro Golf Nexus is a USGA tournament-legal 400-yard model that would be the best assistance in the golf field.
It is easy to use, accurate and works quickly.
By using the brand’s first target acquisition system and infused with Target Acquisition Technology, it lets you extremely focus on the target with measuring distance within +/-1 yard.
Prism isn’t required to use in this model as it can shoot any target within obstacles, like trees, bunkers, or carts. Besides, it’s already good at locking in on your specific target.
For extra convenience, this model also comes with a threaded hole for attachments, like the corded handle that comes with it.
|Precision Pro Golf Nexus Specifications|
+/- 1 Yard
Precision Pro Golf Nexus Golf Laser Rangefinder
Designed with advanced function, superior accuracy, and hand-free capability, of course meeting the UGA tournament standards as well, the Precision Pro Golf Nexus is best for tournament play.
Best For Long-Range: Bozily Golf Rangefinder, 6X Rechargeable Laser Range Finder
- Provide fast and clear data within 1200 yards - HD camera, LCD digital display, & Digitally Enhance Accuracy technology
- Versatile and multi-functional – 4 scan modes & can be used on different occasions, including tournament play
- A bi tricky to pick out the flag when there’s no reflector on the pole
The Bozily Golf Rangefinder maintains the top spot on our ranking for long ranges of use.
It features an HD camera with LCD digital display, accuracy +/-1 yard, and distance range of 5 to 1200 yards. The rangefinder provides 4 scan modes, a 7-degree field angle, and a flag lock of 250 yards as the maximum.
What impressed us the most is its super-fast and clear data shown up on the screen, even for a long-distance target with obstacle interruption.
|Bozily Golf Rangefinder, 6X Rechargeable Laser Range Finder Specifications|
Accurate out to 1200 yards
Speed range: 20-300KM/H
4 Scan Modes
If you are in need of a 1200-yard laser rangefinder integrated with USB charging features for long-range, we highly recommend this.
From 200 To 300
Best Overall: TecTecTec ULT-X Golf Rangefinder
- Handy – feature the Target Lock Technology to lock flags at up to 450 yards
- Highly accuracy – the accuracy levels are within ± 0.3 yards to ± 1 yard
- Durable and weatherproof – have moisture-resistant and rainproof shell
- Decently valuable – include a 2-year warranty, quick start guide, cleaning cloth, strap, battery and carrying pouch
- No vibration absorption function
- Can’t work in rain or fog conditions
The TecTecTec ULT-X was far and above the best budget golf rangefinder at the price range of $200 to $300.
The unit is decently accurate, easy to use, and delivers quick data with reliable measurements. It offers different accuracy levels at specific distances. For example, +/- 1 yard at distances of 1000 yards and the shorter the range, the more accuracy level.
The biggest selling point is the application of Target Lock Technology, which can catch flags instantly at 450 yards as the maximum.
We do appreciate that even at longer distances, the images are still crystal clear and bright while all data show up on the screen is easily readable. And this is also key that makes it tournament level everywhere.
|TecTecTec ULT-X Golf Rangefinder Specifications|
± 0.3 yards at distances of up to 300 yards
± 0.5 yards at distances of up to 600 yards
± 1 yard at distances up to 1,000 yards.
Target Lock Technology
Accuracy levels are within ± 0.3 yards to ± 1 yard
By featuring the Target Lock Technology and durable construction, the TecTecTec ULT-X is the best golf rangefinder for anyone whose budget is within $200-$300.
Best For Professional Golfers: Precision Pro Golf NX7 Pro
- Lightweight, easy to hold, and stable
- Highly valuable and reliable – provide free batteries for life and a good warranty
- No shaky or unclear images shown up in the screen, even in windy conditions
- Take time to get used to using this model – It doesn’t work like most golf rangefinder
Not just from our tester experts but the Precision Pro Golf NX7 Pro also receives plenty of compliments from worldwide pro golfers for its phenomenal performance at an incredibly low price.
It is over $100 cheaper than the Bushnell device but highlights a great warranty and free batteries for life.
More significantly, the TAG and SLOPE functions work no differently than the premium brands. Its adjustable viewing lens allows you to clearly focus based on your vision, which is a big bonus for people wearing glasses.
Precision Pro Golf NX7 Pro is one of the lightest models out there, which helps it easily lock in on any target, no matter you have unstable hands or get no experience in target reading.
The biggest selling point is even in windy conditions, we found the images not to be shaky or unclear at all.
|Precision Pro Golf NX7 Pro Specifications|
+/- 1 Yard
Precision Pro Golf NX7 Pro Slope Golf Laser Rangefinder with Slope
The Precision Pro Golf NX7 Pro is extremely lightweight, accurate, and features wonderful tag and slope functions, making it an excellent value for pro golfers.
Best For Short-Range: Callaway EZ Laser Rangefinder 2019
- Easy to use, accurate, and fast – feature EZ Mode + P. A. T. (Pin Acquisition Technology)
- Easily attach to cart frame for easy access - Unique Magna-Hold feature
- A bit pricey
We are pleasantly satisfied with this simplistic laser rangefinder from Callaway for how easy to use and durable it is.
Seems like the brand has done great work with the durability of this unit at a price point that can’t be cheaper. From the LCD display, the fantastic case, to the well-built strap, everything is on-point and long-lasting.
Ranging within 5 to 800 yards with 5x magnification, it is perfect for short-range or beginners who have just start golfing.
A compliment for the EZ scan button, which can find the pin in seconds with dead accuracy. There is also a strong magnet to keep the unit firmly on the cart frame, making it easy access.
|Callaway EZ Laser Rangefinder 2019 Specifications|
+/- 1 yard
Unique Magna-Hold feature
EZ Mode + P. A. T. (Pin Acquisition Technology)
Designed to work in a range of 5 to 800 yards with no hiccups and easy-to-use construction, Callaway EZ Laser Rangefinder 2019 is such a good buy for short distances.
How To Choose The Best Budget Golf Rangefinders?
- No matter of your budget, make sure to opt for a highly durable golf rangefinder.
- It should feature shock-resistant, weatherproof, and rugged plastic housing to capably handle outdoor abuse as well as last longer. The durability of a rangefinder also depends on its overall construction, and components.
- Another thing to determine how durable a golf rangefinder is the manufacturer’s warranty length. Generally, the longer the warranty, the more durable the unit.
Distance And Accuracy
- The range is one of the key elements to determine the type of game you’re going to play and it is commonly within 400-1000 yards.
- There is a basic rule of thumb: The longer the range, the better the tool.
- But aside from choosing an appropriate range for your golf course, don’t forget to keep an eye on the accuracy as it relies on how clearly you can see your target.
- Though the accuracy is different between models and brands, try to choose those rangefinders with at least +/-1 yard of accuracy.
- The weather conditions play a huge role in the distance and accuracy you can get from a golf rangefinder. It means on a clear day, you probably see a longer range than on those cloudy, foggy, or rainy days.
- If built with the right features, a golf rangefinder will be your best workhorse in a golf course. To do that, you should choose a model that suits best for your style.
- Below are some worth-considering features:
- Jolt technology – when the target comes into view, it sends quick alerts to you while keeping the device stable when you do your readings. So, no guesswork needed.
- Pin seeker technology – help you hit targets with more precision and ease. When the object comes into view, it guides you in choosing the right club to play as well as providing clear, accurate distances to the pin
- Slope technology – help to measure atmospheric conditions and altitude; balance readings on uphill and downhill shots; and get more accurate readings on slopes
Which Brands Make The Best Budget Golf Rangefinders?
- MiLESEEY is one of the biggest manufacturers of laser distance meters in China. It took 3 years for researching before officially launched in 2009 and has now been a vital member of CSMI (China Associate of Surveying and Mapping Instrument)
- Established in 2014, Tectectec is quite a young brand in this industry but at currently, there are some certain achievements. For example, over 100 product lines, 7 nationalities represented by their team, and 6300+ products have been sold in more than 20 countries.
- Known as a global premium golf equipment company. In Callaway, they have deep R&D resources and lots of experts in the industry to understand what their customers’ needs and wish for a desired golf rangefinder at an affordable price range.
What is the difference between Hunting vs. Golfing Rangefinders?
The main difference is hunting rangefinders incorporate “Distant target mode” to avoid close objects in the distant wilderness to focus on the target. Meanwhile, golf rangefinders use “First target mode” to do that in the golf course.
Should I use a rangefinder or a golf GPS watch?
A rangefinder is better for golfing because it delivers superior accuracy while allowing you to see all data rather than relying on golf GPS info.
What is the difference between rangefinder and SLR?
The biggest difference between them is the SLR utilized direct observation through the lens to set the focus to that distance. The rangefinder, on the other hand, measures the distance to a subject by using some kind of contraption and then, sets the focus.
Can you use a hunting rangefinder for golfing?
Literally yes, you can.
But make sure that rangefinder features appropriate menu options for both hunting and golfing. Also, make sure you know how to read the specs.
Is it legal to use a laser golf rangefinder for a golf tournament?
Yes, it is.
But take note that not all features are entirely legal for tournament play.
Before choosing a laser golf rangefinder or any smartphone app, golf GPS watch, and golf GPS devices, make sure to understand all regulations of the golf tournament and pick the right one.
Choosing the best budget golf rangefinder is not a simple task before with little experience and research, it’s really easy for you to pick a junk. Regardless of the price range, you intend to go for, be sure you know your style, needs, and the golf course terrain before picking any model. Happy golfing!