Today, technology plays a huge role in many fields, including sports. Some outstanding inventions include VR, GPS, or laser technology, etc. And in this article, I will introduce to you laser technology in golf - the golf rangefinders.
Their positions in golf are not core but can help you improve your skills and score not only in training but also in big tournaments. However, not all products on the market offer you the proper features as their range of prices. If not choosing carefully, you can waste a lot of money.
That is why you should not skip this article. It not only gives you options of the best golf rangefinder for the money but also helps you answer some of the beginner's top questions.
Let’s dive in.
Here are the best golf rangefinders for the money (Oct 2021 Update):
- Best Overall: Bushnell Tour V4 JOLT Golf Laser Rangefinder
- Best For Wooded Areas: TecTecTec VPRO500 Golf Rangefinder
- Lightweight & Compact: Nikon Coolshot 20 Golf Rangefinder
- Best Overall: Raythor Golf Rangefinder
- Best For Tournaments: Precision Pro Golf NX7 Pro Slope Golf Laser Rangefinder
- Best For Beginners: PEAKPULSE 6Pro Golf Laser Rangefinder
|Top 6 Best Golf Rangefinders For The Money|
|Bushnell Tour V4 JOLT Golf Laser Rangefinder||Read Our Review|
Best For Wooded Areas
|TecTecTec VPRO500 Golf Rangefinder||Read Our Review|
Lightweight & Compact
|Nikon Coolshot 20 Golf Rangefinder||Read Our Review|
|Raythor Golf Rangefinder||Read Our Review|
Best For Tournaments
|Precision Pro Golf NX7 Pro Slope Golf Laser Rangefinder||Read Our Review|
Best For Beginners
|PEAKPULSE 6Pro Golf Laser Rangefinder||Read Our Review|
No Slope Golf Rangefinder
Best Overall: Bushnell Tour V4 JOLT Golf Laser Rangefinder
- Excellent measuring range
- Easy to read screen
- Operate effectively
- This product doesn't like fog
This is the most outstanding rangefinder golf I've ever owned. What it can bring you is technical and performance stability. It is also very suitable for you to bring along when participating in golf tournaments because they do not allow slope measurement, which this product does not feature.
In appearance, it is very beautiful and much smaller than a few similar products. Thanks to that, you can hold it in the palm of your hand. Also, it is very easy to use and simple to operate. And above all, it is accurate and locks on a flag very quickly.
|Bushnell Tour V4 JOLT Golf Laser Rangefinder Specifications|
JOLT Technology allows you to have greater accuracy thanks to short vibrating bursts and thus
The laser can lock onto the flag
If you do not want to spend too much time and effort making the golf rangefinder work, you should choose the Bushnell unit. It is easy to use and works very well.
Best For Wooded Areas: TecTecTec VPRO500 Golf Rangefinder
- Accurate and flexible
- Very simple operation
- Excellent clarity
- Compact and light
- The battery door is not watertight
One of the main factors affecting the accuracy of the golf rangefinder is the objects behind the objects. Understanding that, TecTecTec has developed Pin-sensor technology, so you can play well in wooded areas. Combined with multilayered optics, it will give you a clear and fast display.
Besides this, is there even something more to add?
Of course. It is well-engineered with a durable and water-resistant body. Therefore, environmental factors will not affect the quality of the product.
|TecTecTec VPRO500 Golf Rangefinder Specifications|
Up to 540 yards
Pin-sensor technology enhances accuracy even when you play in complex terrain with many jamming objects.
If you regularly take part in golf courses with lots of obstructions, hills, etc., then there is no product that suits you better than this TecTecTec rangefinder.
Lightweight & Compact: Nikon Coolshot 20 Golf Rangefinder
- Pick up the flag easy
- Automatically turns off when not in use
- Small and light
Warning! You can miss it at any time because it's really small and lightweight, more than any other product on this list.
But do not worry. It might be small, but it’s mighty.
The golf rangefinder can fit in your pocket and be easy to operate with one hand. Additionally, it provides high accuracy and a range of powerful features, such as 8-second continuous scanning, first target priority mode, or multilayer coatings, etc. The viewfinder is also bright and clear, making it easy to aim for a few seconds.
|Nikon Coolshot 20 Golf Rangefinder Specifications|
The special First Target Priority Mode will allow you to read the distance to a flagstick in front of a variety of trees
At this high price, it is an option for any serious golfer who wants a compact and lightweight rangefinder.
Slope Golf Rangefinder
Best Overall: Raythor Golf Rangefinder
- Easy to use
- Currently cannot find any drawbacks of this rangefinder
This is one of the decent priced golf rangefinders that you can find on the market for the purpose of slope measuring. Besides, you will be impressed with the very long measuring range of up to 1,000 yards. It is easy to use, compact, accurate, durable, and more than I could expect in a golf rangefinder.
Not stop there, the battery life of the Raythor rangefinder is also very impressive, can operate for three weeks before it needs to replace the battery.
|Raythor Golf Rangefinder Specifications|
There is a total of three modes
Allowing you to use it in any case
From measuring distance
Pin/flag-lock to speed mode.
For a mid-range price, this is the most excellent golf rangefinder with slope adjustment for you to practice your golf skills.
Best For Tournaments: Precision Pro Golf NX7 Pro Slope Golf Laser Rangefinder
- Convenient slope function
- Free batteries for life
- High price
In tournaments, you will not be allowed to use the slope reading feature of the golf rangefinders. However, this attribute is quite important in improving skills when practicing. If you buy two different products for these two cases, it will be very expensive.
In this situation, an adaptive slope golf rangefinder like the Precision Pro would be suitable. That is, you can disable the slope measuring anytime you want.
Besides, its other features are also excellent and high-quality. It is easy to operate, helping to keep your playing tempo well maintained, whether it is uphill or downhill.
|Precision Pro Golf NX7 Pro Slope Golf Laser Rangefinder Specifications|
Up to 400 yards
The Pro Slope technology provides you an accurate measurement of distances on sloped or flat surfaces
Using the Precision Pro NX7 golf rangefinder, you will no longer find hitting the ball over steep terrain difficult.
Best For Beginners: PEAKPULSE 6Pro Golf Laser Rangefinder
- Good price
- Comfortable, rubberized eyepiece
- Works correctly
- Difficult to read when the light is low
For new golfers, using golf rangefinders is not easy. If you belong to this group, I recommend that you do not miss the PEAKPULSE item.
It is the perfect combination of ease of use, low price, speed, and precision. And if you're interested in vibrate when locked on to the target, accurate distances, and slope, then this product is for you.
|PEAKPULSE 6Pro Golf Laser Rangefinder Specifications|
The Pulse Vibration Technology and Fast Focus System will help you easily verify the distance and lock the flag with clear display
This product should be in the bucket list of any new golfer looking for an affordable, easy-to-use, and accurate slope measuring rangefinder.
How To Choose The Best Golf Rangefinders For The Money?
- As you will carry the golf rangefinder during the golf session, you will need a compact and easy-to-use product. In other words, the best golf rangefinder for the money will be user-friendly. It must be made of lightweight material and have a shape that makes it easy and comfortable to hold.
- Ease of use is also demonstrated through minimalism in the design. You won't have to spend too much time learning how to use the device buttons. Evenly, some rangefinders only come with 1-2 buttons, which helps users not have any difficulties in practicing.
- This is the first important feature that you need when using a golf rangefinder. It must be able to measure distances up to 400 yards, and the accuracy should not differ by more than one meter.
- Besides, measurement of other factors such as slope, wind speed, flag lock, etc. also needs to be useful to you while playing golf. If it can't measure these important elements, it means you're wrong when selecting it.
- Because the device is used outside, it also needs to be made of a sturdy metal material or have an extra protective rubber cover. It will avoid damage caused by impact or weather causes such as sunshine, wind, rain, dust, etc., and will work for a long time.
- There are many price ranges to choose from, and rest assured that no matter how much you purchase, you can still own a golf rangefinder that is good value for money. Besides, you should not look for a product having functions that you do not need at an exorbitant price. It would be a great waste. Hence, remember that the features of the product must be commensurate with the amount of money you spend and really suit your needs.
Which Brands Make The Best Golf Rangefinders For The Money?
- Founded in 1948, Bushnell Corporation is a company specializing in outdoor products and sporting optics, such as binoculars, red dot sights, telescopes, riflescopes, spotting scopes, GPS devices, etc. However, since 2019, this American company has focused on producing laser rangefinders and has been very successful.
- In general, this is a company with extensive experience in optics and GPS technology, so you can completely trust the quality of their products. In addition, their prices are not as high as many other products', making them the most valuable choice of golf rangefinders.
- Nikon is probably not too strange to you. In fact, this Japanese brand was soon famous for its camera products. They are widely used by professional photographers around the world.
- Furthermore, they also produce binoculars, spotting scopes, ophthalmic lenses, microscopes, measurement instruments, rifle scopes, and golf rangefinders, etc. They are all premium-quality and reasonably priced, so you will easily find a Nikon item as your best golf rangefinder for the money.
Do you need a rangefinder for golf?
A lot of people ask me this question, especially beginners. And my answer is Yes.
Of course, you can hit the ball into the hole without a golf rangefinder. However, if you keep going like that, you will not go beyond mini-golf, where there are only simple games and training courses.
If you're still wondering whether or not to pay for a golf rangefinder, let's see what it can do for you.
Firstly, you'll get a better view of measuring distances. Measuring it in golfing is only an estimate and based on the feeling, so it is difficult to answer how much force should be put into the arm. If you are familiar with this feature of the rangefinder, you will be able to estimate it better and improve it gradually.
Secondly, you will have a stronger and more assertive direction since visualizing where the club is and how far the distance is will be no longer a challenge for you.
And finally, you won't need to look for a marked sprinkler head because the rangefinder will always give you almost exactly the distance you need.
Additionally, some smart golf rangefinders today will feature many other important highlights such as slope reading, wind speed measurement, and the combination with GPS devices and GPS watches, etc.
If you are unsure about your decision to stay loyal to the sport, there’s no need to invest in a golf rangefinder. In the opposite case, I would still recommend you to use it to be able to experience this game better. Who doesn't like the accuracy and speed improved, right?
What is the difference between Slope and No Slope Golf Rangefinders?
Before distinguishing between these two types of golf rangefinders, I want you to understand better the slope in golfing.
The current golf courses, whether large or small, have uneven terrain. Therefore, you will not polish in a straight line but more in an arc. It increases the difficulty of the game and thus makes the game more interesting. If you do not calculate carefully, your shot will deviate or increase/decrease the speed suddenly, leading to a loss of scores.
With the help of lasers in some golf rangefinders that support this feature, you will know the slope and distance calculated. It will assist in part, helping your shots increase accuracy. However, the majority of your score will still depend on your skills and the device's other attributes, so measuring the slope is not so essential for a golf rangefinder.
Besides, many large tournaments will not allow you to use this feature if you participate in them. Therefore, if you still want to choose a good golf rangefinder with slope, I recommend considering items that allow you to disable this feature when not in use.
What is the difference between rangefinder and SLR?
Both rangefinders and SLRs (Single Lens Reflex) work very well in providing good vision at a distance. However, they work differently and, therefore, have different uses.
In terms of how it works, an SLR uses a series of mirrors to focus the resulting image. This allows you to preview your depth of field, which is why SLR cameras are very common for portraits and action scenes.
About rangefinders, they offer users images of objects not through mirrors like SLRs but through a larger viewfinder. It enhances the ability to see targets while keeping them sharp. However, when the ambient light is low, it will not work as well as SLRs.
In addition, these two devices also differ in price. Of course, they all have high prices and low prices, but SLRs will usually have lower prices. That is also the reason why these cameras are used so widely, and rangefinders are used mainly in many fields like golf or hunting.
Will a hunting rangefinder work for golf?
Yes. You can use hunting rangefinders for both purposes. However, keep in mind that not every hunting rangefinder has this multi-functional feature. Therefore, you need to check and read the product information carefully to avoid wasting extra money. Choose laser rangefinders with Bullseye mode of focusing. It is equivalent to the FTP mode of focusing on golf rangefinders.
Is it legal to use a laser golf rangefinder for a golf tournament?
Yes, but you'll have to pay attention to some features that aren't allowed in the big tournaments that the golf rangefinders offer. These attributes can be disabled or not. Therefore, select products that allow you to disable these features at your own discretion.
These features include slope, weather conditions reading, coach or trainer contacting, swing analysis, and the play’s like or club suggestions, etc.
Choosing the best golf rangefinder for the money not only helps you improve your golf skills, score but also saves you money. Whether with a big or little budget, you can still choose for yourself the most appropriate and beneficial product. Feel free to ask me anything if you need further information, and I promise to offer some help. Don’t hesitate to like and share the guide if you find it useful. Thank you.