For professional golfers, besides golf glasses, golf rangefinders are one of their effective assistants. They help players get a wider and farther view so that the flight path of the golf ball will be more accurate. And some major tournaments also allow participants to use this tool.
However, for beginners or amateur players, golf rangefinders seem like a pretty big investment.
Yes. They are very handy and accurate, but quite expensive.
What am I going to say?
In fact, it is not necessary for a huge expense on a fully-functional golf rangefinder. Instead, there are many other affordable options for you. They do not have many advanced attributes but are very suitable for those new to this sport.
And here are the candidates for the best golf rangefinder under $100 for you.
Here are the best golf rangefinders under $100 (Jul 2022 Update):
- Best Overall: Gogogo Laser Rangefinder for Golf & Hunting
- Best For The Clearest Vision: TACKLIFE Laser Range Finder
- Best For Daily Golf Practice: SereneLife Upgraded Advanced Golf Laser Rangefinder
- Easy-To-Operate: BOBLOV 650Yards Golf Rangefinder
- Best For Beginners: WAKYME Golf & Hunting Range Finder
- Best For Tournament Games: AOFAR GX-2S Golf Rangefinder
|Best Golf Rangefinder Under $100: Top 6 Picks|
|Gogogo Laser Rangefinder for Golf & Hunting||Read Our Review|
Best For The Clearest Vision
|TACKLIFE Laser Range Finder||Read Our Review|
Best For Daily Golf Practice
|SereneLife Upgraded Advanced Golf Laser Rangefinder||Read Our Review|
|BOBLOV 650Yards Golf Rangefinder||Read Our Review|
Best For Beginners
|WAKYME Golf & Hunting Range Finder||Read Our Review|
Best For Tournament Games
|AOFAR GX-2S Golf Rangefinder||Read Our Review|
Best Overall: Gogogo Laser Rangefinder for Golf & Hunting
- Easy to use
- Lightweight and compact
- Quite difficult to lock onto the flagpole and pinpoint flag
The Gogogo laser rangefinder is exactly what I was looking for to replace some other cheap products that didn't last long. It is the opposite, very durable, easy to use, accurate, and has a long battery life. It can be said that this product works very well in reading the distance and locking on to targets. Besides, you will not find it difficult or slippery while holding it. The device's casing is designed to give users a solid and convenient feel.
Additionally, the manuals are also very easy to follow. The buttons are simple and straightforward. Thus, you will have no difficulty getting used to it.
However, it is sometimes challenging to lock onto the flagpole and pinpoint flag. It seems to work better on larger targets.
|Gogogo Laser Rangefinder for Golf & Hunting Specifications|
Fully-multicoated optics lens help players avoid glare in the sun
With a compact and convenient portable golf rangefinder product, Gogogo laser rangefinder is the best mid-range product you can find on the market.
Best For The Clearest Vision: TACKLIFE Laser Range Finder
- Good user experiences
- Accurate distance measurement with high magnification
- Easy to hold
- Images obtained are darker than they actually are
Weather and environmental conditions can greatly affect golf courses because you will hardly be able to read the exact distance and see the objects clearly. Therefore, it is important to find a golf rangefinder that enhances your vision, and I have found one for myself in the lightly foggy days - Tacklife laser rangefinder.
This is one of the affordable products offering high-quality features and great magnification. Although you have some problems with your vision, it will still give you a clear view, albeit a bit darker than it actually is.
Furthermore, you will absolutely love its appearance, which provides a sense of groove, very compact and firm.
|TACKLIFE Laser Range Finder Specifications|
The fully multi-coated can make the imaging clearer
High measure accuracy
Can be attached to any standard tripod
This inexpensive product is well suited for those who expect a clear object image like HD and those who have problems with their eyesight or live in foggy places.
Best For Daily Golf Practice: SereneLife Upgraded Advanced Golf Laser Rangefinder
- Durable, waterproof
- Portable and lightweight
- Simple design
- The battery does not last long
This is a very compact handheld rangefinder, no bigger than your hand, and provides accurate, clear vision. It is well suited for you to carry around in every training course.
You will find it works very effectively and easily, although some people are dissatisfied with measuring the distance to the flag. However, if you have a clear vision of the flag or target, the task will no longer be a challenge for you.
Besides, it also provides the feature to connect to GPS mobile apps or GPS watches. Do not ignore this notably useful feature, because it will help you estimate distances and find objects more accurately.
|SereneLife Upgraded Advanced Golf Laser Rangefinder Specifications|
Pin sensor technology with a durable
Water-resistant body that can withstand any harsh weather conditions
When it comes to low-priced options for distant accuracy, easy management, andflexibility, there is no better rangefinder than this SereneLife product.
Easy-To-Operate: BOBLOV 650Yards Golf Rangefinder
- Easy to use
- Accurate measurement
- USB battery charger
- Difficult to operate well in bad weather
One of the attributes we like most about this product is that it is extremely straightforward to manage and use. The unit is light and well built. Its design is not complicated but contains only two buttons for you to adjust and operate. You will find it interesting with this device.
Besides, it features a built-in battery that also works very great. I even forgot to charge a few times, but the golf rangefinder still works very well.
|BOBLOV 650Yards Golf Rangefinder Specifications|
The Battery USB Charging feature helps you not to think too much about changing the battery of the device.
This product is suitable for those who love a simple design that still operates effectively and saves them costs.
Best For Beginners: WAKYME Golf & Hunting Range Finder
- Easy to use and lock on to the flag
- Accurate slope measurement
- Good price
- Battery life issues
For those who are unfamiliar with the use of lens cameras or rangefinders, purchasing products like that, even though less than $100, is still considered a waste. Instead, they can practice the skills required of a professional golfer.
If you have such thoughts, you should change your mind with WAKYME.
I have had difficulties with such technology products, but the WAKYME rangefinder offers a completely different experience. And despite the fact that I am more skillful now, I'm still pleased with this rangefinder so far.
They use JOLT technology with clear and high accuracy, so you will be provided with a stable and accurate vision. Plus, the compact form and small weight, its stability can be further increased.
|WAKYME Golf & Hunting Range Finder Specifications|
Locking on to the flag will no longer be challenging with the built-in PinSeeker technology with vibrating
This product is great for beginners who are learning to use laser rangefinders and will help your score greatly increase compared to not using this tool.
Best For Tournament Games: AOFAR GX-2S Golf Rangefinder
- High precision
- Durable body
- Difficult to use
Preparing for golf tournaments is sometimes stressful. You cannot know what will happen to your golf rangefinder. Therefore, it is best to choose a device that is high-quality and works perfectly.
For mid-range prices, there is no better option for you than this AOFAR laser rangefinder. It will always help you stay in shape, not make you worry or stress when participating in the tournament. In fact, it is one of the common products used by professional golfers.
However, if you are new to golf rangefinders, I recommend that you do not consider this option. That's because it's a bit difficult to use, especially in focusing. Make sure you have firm hands to hold the device still.
|AOFAR GX-2S Golf Rangefinder Specifications|
The method from far to flag and two decimal reading range finder help you get an accurate distance of over 30 meters
AOFAR GX-2S rangefinder gives you absolute precision with professional PinSeeker technology, very suitable for golf tournaments.
How To Choose The Best Golf Rangefinders Under $100?
Of course, when you choose to buy these rangefinders at this average price, you can't expect too much of the advanced features. However, there are many attributes that make them useful for you, and here are the factors that you should consider to buy a good golf rangefinder under $100 for yourself.
Ease of Use
- This is the biggest purpose of using golf rangefinder. The longer the range is (in the scope from 400 to 1,000 yards), the more effectively you can determine the distance. Besides, the measured range also needs to be accurate, not too much difference. Choose devices with an accuracy of at least +/- 1 yard.
Range and Accuracy
- Since you are new to golf and golf rangefinders, this will be an important feature that you need to learn before buying them. It needs to be easy to use, look, control, and analyze. In addition, you should also ask the manufacturer or seller to give you instructions for use.
- More than just battery life, you also need to check the rangefinders' charging time to make sure your course will not be interrupted. A good cheap rangefinders golf will be able to operate at least a couple of rounds of golf continuously, and charging time will be within 1 to 2 hours.
- Take a look at the material of the golf rangefinders to ensure that it can withstand various weather conditions, such as sunshine, wind, rain, dust, etc., and is shock, impact-resistance.
- It is up to your usage. But often, buyers will want their golf rangefinder to have a high magnification capacity, a good display, and a number of other features related to lens type and size, continuous scan, anti-fog, and flag lock, etc.
- When you play golf, the path may be deflected by steep terrain. If you use a golf rangefinder with slope reading, you will be able to adjust it more easily and have a more accurate swing.
- You will bring the rangefinder during the golf course. Therefore, it must be compact and bring a comfortable, convenient feeling for you to hold. If you experience eye strain or sore eyes when using a golf rangefinder, do not buy it.
Which Brands Make The Best Golf Rangefinders Under $100?
- Tacklife is a brand from China and is very popular in the world. They offer customers a variety of good-quality, portable, and exquisite products to make their lives easier. In particular, their prices are very reasonable.
- Tacklife's most popular items are hand tools, automotive tools, power tools, and other home appliances, including laser golf rangefinders. You can trust them due to the brand’s reputation, convenient features, and affordable prices.
- AOFAR is another example of the convenience and affordable price of products from China. They specialize in manufacturing rangefinders and compasses for outdoor activities.
- However, it will be quite difficult for you to find AOFAR physical stores. Instead of that, they focus more on eCommerce sales. It is one of the company's cost-cutting strategies to offer customers the most economical products.
- In addition, their customer service is also a huge plus, making AOFAR one of the most popular mid-range rangefinders golf providers in the world.
What is the difference between Hunting vs. Golf Rangefinders?
Both of them are based on laser technology to work. Therefore, they appear to be functionally similar.
This view is understandable but comes at it from the wrong angle. In fact, they have quite a lot of differences, not only between function but also between types, usage, and price.
Regarding types, golf rangefinders include laser, optical, and GPS rangefinders. And hunting rangefinders are classified into archery, rifle-hunting, and precision-shooting rangefinders.
They are distinguished by different purposes and uses, suitable for each individual activity. Therefore, I do not recommend using a rangefinder for both these purposes.
However, if you still want to save money, you can find laser hunting rangefinders that have Bullseye Mode of focusing, which are actually FTP Mode in golf rangefinders.
What is the purpose of a rangefinder?
A rangefinder will give you a clear idea of the distance of the goal, which in golf is called the flagpole. When the distance is too far, you will find it difficult to visualize the location and approach to the target. Therefore, you will need a tool to help you look farther like a rangefinder.
It is used in many fields, not just golf, including hunting, forestry, photography, and projectile weapon, etc. What it supports are surveying and navigation.
As for golf, the rangefinder can measure the distance from a player's standing position to the target position. Moreover, it also helps measure the slope and wind, helping golfers hit the ball more accurately.
How can I distinguish between a rangefinder and SLR?
SLRs have a mirror box inside, so you will preview your depth of field, which means the images you see will look better, especially for portraits and actions.
The rangefinders, on the other hand, have no mirrors. They allow you to see clear images of objects through a large viewfinder. Compared to the lens of SLRs, the viewfinders will allow you to see a greater field of vision. Besides, rangefinders also have another advantage of being compact and having a quieter shutter. Therefore, you can take them anywhere with sharper images captured.
However, rangefinders often have higher prices and also work harder to focus than SLRs in low light.
Can the hunting rangefinders be used for playing golf?
As I said, although it is not recommended, you can still use a laser rangefinder to use for both hunting and golfing.
However, not every rangefinder can be multi-functional like that, so it is best to read the specs carefully. Thus, you will not fall into a situation that is both costly and ineffective.
Is it legal to use a laser golf rangefinder for a golf tournament?
But stay with me.
You can bring a golf rangefinder to the tournament you join as well as a number of other devices such as golf GPS devices, golf GPS watches, and even smartphone apps, etc. However, please review and ask carefully about the features that you are not allowed to use before playing. Otherwise, you will be charged as breaking the law.
Some of the features that big tournaments often forbid players to use include slope, weather conditions reading, coach or trainer contacting, swing analysis, and the play’s like or club suggestions, etc. Be careful and disable them so you can play more easily and conveniently with your golf rangefinder.
If you focus on playing golf professionally, using the best golf rangefinder under $100 will initially help your skills improve significantly. You can then purchase more specialized and advanced products. Experience more golf tips via this website or contacting me. Don't hesitate to like and share the article if you like it.