Decent boots are essential gear for hunters. Among them, rubber boots are the best hunting boots since they are lightweight, waterproof, scent-free, affordable and very durable.
Here are my top picks for the best rubber hunting boots:
Here are the best rubber hunting boots you can buy in 2020:
- Best Overall: LaCrosse Men's Alphaburly Pro
- Best For Muck And Wet Environments: Hisea Steel Rubber Hunting Boots
- Best For Big Calves: LaCrosse Men's Burly Classic
- Best Overall: Muck Woody PK Rubber Women's Hunting Boots
- Best For Extreme Cold Conditions: Muck Boots Arctic Ice
- Best For Wet Conditions: TideWe Hunting Boot for Women
|Top 6 Best Rubber Hunting Boots|
|LaCrosse Men's Alphaburly Pro||Read Our Review|
Best For Muck And Wet Environments
|Hisea Steel Rubber Hunting Boots||Read Our Review|
Best For Big Calves
|LaCrosse Men's Burly Classic||Read Our Review|
|Muck Woody PK Rubber Women's Hunting Boots||Read Our Review|
Best For Extreme Cold Conditions
|Muck Boots Arctic Ice||Read Our Review|
Best For Wet Conditions
|TideWe Hunting Boot for Women||Read Our Review|
Men’s Rubber Hunting Boots
Best Overall: LaCrosse Men's Alphaburly Pro
- Waterproof, Flexible & Scent-free
- Good air circulation & moisture absorbing inside
- Easy on/off, secure & comfortable fit
- Durable & Supportive
- Nothing to complain
LaCrosse Alphaburly has a high shaft - 18 inches, great for those who like wearing tall boots. It has a full neoprene gusset behind, so it fits calves in all sizes and leaves a lot of room for easy on/off.
LaCrosse Alphaburly is made of 100% hand-laid high-quality rubber, so it is completely waterproof. The boots are reinforced with 3 rubber layers in the toe and heel & 2 rubber layers around the instep. The outsole is made of insulating neoprene with unique tread patterns for better traction; mud or snow is no longer a worry. LaCrosse Alphaburly is durable yet flexible, ideal for serious hunts.
The air circulation inside the boots is great. This helps regulate the temperature, moisture and smell inside. You’ll feel comfortable even when wearing these boots all day. Midsole and outsole construction also provides you with supportive steps, making your hunts more enjoyable. There is not much to complain about LaCrosse Alphaburly - this is a perfect pair of boots for hunting.
|LaCrosse Men's Alphaburly Pro Specifications|
Rubber Over Neoprene
High shaft with gusset in the back
Good air circulation
Unique tread patterns
LaCrosse Men's Alphaburly Pro has good air circulation and great durability for serious hunts.
Best For Muck And Wet Environments: Hisea Steel Rubber Hunting Boots
- Great shock absorption & heat retention
- Four-way stretch nylon seal for comfortable fit
- Stretch-fit calves for warmth
- Airmesh lining for better air circulation
- Not as durable as LaCrosse Alphaburly Pro
If you often go to muck and wet environments or rocky terrains, Hisea Steel Rubber Hunting Boots will be a great choice. First, they are affordable, so after a while of use, you can replace it with new ones without too much concern.
Hisea Steel Rubber Hunting Boots have great shock absorption for comfortable walking and running on hard surfaces and rocky terrains. The boots have soft air-mesh linings that are breathable for better air circulation, enhancing heat regulating and moisture-absorbing abilities.
Hisea Steel Rubber Hunting Boots are very protective. They have extra rubber layers in high-stress areas like around achilles, heel, and toe areas. The lightweight and fitting booties with a four-way stretch nylon seal for secure wearing. The stretch-fit calves are designed to keep you warm in winter. The outsole is made of 5mm insulated neoprene, which is 100% waterproof and non-slip, giving firm steps on muck and wet surfaces.
However, Hisea Steel Rubber Hunting Boots are not as durable as LaCrosse Men's Alphaburly Pro 18". This may be considered a drawback.
|Hisea Steel Rubber Hunting Boots Specifications|
Rubber & 5mm Neoprene
Four-way stretch nylon seal
Good air circulation
Hisea Steel Rubber Hunting Boots are an affordable yet decent choice for muck and wet environments.
Best For Big Calves: LaCrosse Men's Burly Classic
- Waterproof, durable, scent-free
- Abrasion & tear resistant
- 9mm midsole keeps the foot warm and confortable
- Multilayer rubber around high-stress areas
- Ankle Fit & Adjustable top strap
- It looks bland
LaCrosse Men's Burly Classic is made from hand-laid premium ZXT rubber. It is waterproof and scent-free. It is also abrasion-resistant and tear-resistant. Like two pairs of boots above, LaCrosse Men's Burly Classic, too, has multilayer rubber around high-stress areas. In addition, it has ribbed vamp. This pair of boots is very durable.
The midsole is made includes 9mm-thick wool with polymeric foam insulation for warmth and support on your foot.
The shaft is very high - 18 inches. The ankle and calf-area are specially designed for a secure fit, especially for big calves. The Ankle Fit keeps your heel in place comfortably, and the top strap can be loosened or tightened to fit your calves.
LaCrosse Men's Burly Classic is a great pair of rubber hunting boots. There is very little to complain except its design - to me, it looks quite bland.
|LaCrosse Men's Burly Classic Specifications|
Abrasion & tear resistant
Ankle Fit & Adjustable top strap
LaCrosse Men's Burly Classic is a comfortable and secure hunting pair of boots for big calves.
Women’s Rubber Hunting Boots
Best Overall: Muck Woody PK Rubber Women's Hunting Boots
- The booties adjust to your feet’s shape, providing comfort & flexibility
- Waterproofing, shock absorption & heat retention
- Good ventilation & moisture absorption
- Outsoles increase stability
- Rear pull loop for easy on/off
- Nothing to complain
Muck Woody PK has a girly outlook with pink highlights. The boots are comfort & flexibility as they adjust to your feet’s shape, preventing blisters and chafing. They feature lightweight and breathable mesh linings for better ventilation & moisture absorption, keeping your feet cool/warm and dry all day wearing.
The 4mm MS2 Bobbed molded outsoles provide stability and responsive support for each step. The EVA midsoles add cushioning and shock absorption, especially when you walk or run on hard surfaces. In addition, there is a pull loop in the rear each boot for easier on/off.
There is not much to complain about Muck Woody PK, this is the best rubber hunting pair of boots to me.
|Muck Woody PK Rubber Women's Hunting Boots Specifications|
Rubber Over Neoprene
4mm MS2 Bobbed molded outsole
Breathable mesh lining
Rear pull loop
Muck Woody PK with extra support & comfort is the best choice for women’s rubber hunting boots.
Best For Extreme Cold Conditions: Muck Boots Arctic Ice
- 8mm Neoprene Bootie for strength & protection
- Exclusive Vibram Arctic Grip
- Rugged Spandura Upper & EVA Midsole
- Warm Fleece Lining
- Comfort & Dry insole
- Appealing appearance
- High price
Muck Boots Arctic Ice is a rugged pair of hunting boots for tough environments. The booties are made of 8mm neoprene (3mm thicker than others) for extra strength & protection. Vibram Arctic Grip is the signature technology of Muck Boots. It is designed for a better grip on icy/snowy surfaces in winter without any metal component. This helps the boots more lightweight and durable.
The Rugged Spandura Upper protects your toes and enhances the boots' durability. The EVA Midsole adds cushion and shock-absorbing ability. Its insole has good air circulation to keep it dry even when you wear the boots all day. Muck Boots Arctic Ice is specially designed for winter, so it has Warm Fleece Lining for more comfort and warmth.
Moreover, it looks elegant and appealing. With all of the above advantages, Muck Boots Arctic Ice has a higher price than other boots on my lists.
|Muck Boots Arctic Ice Specifications|
Vibram Arctic Grip
Rugged Spandura Upper
Warm Fleece Lining
Muck Boots Arctic Ice is specially designed for winter with the exclusive Vibram Arctic Grip.
Best For Wet Conditions: TideWe Hunting Boot for Women
- Shock absorption & Heat retention & Waterproof
- Breathable mesh provides good ventilation
- Self-cleaning & Anti-Slip outsole
- Insulation is not so good
TideWe Hunting Boot is a great choice for wet surfaces. Like other boots on this list, TideWe Hunting Boot has great shock absorption & Heat retention for your comfortable wearing. They are 100% waterproof.
The outsole is 6mm thick, made of neoprene & rubber material. It is designed for maximum stability in mud and snow. It has patterns for a secure grip on wet surfaces. Moreover, TideWe Hunting Boot is quite affordable.
However, in extreme cold, you may feel cold in your feet. This is a significant drawback.
|TideWe Hunting Boot for Women Specifications|
Rubber Over Neoprene
Self-cleaning & Anti-Slip outsole
TideWe Hunting Boot is an affordable and durable hunting pair of boots for wet conditions.
How To Choose The Best Rubber Hunting Boots?
To choose the best rubber hunting boots, you will need to pay attention to those things:
Size: The most important spec. You’ll want the boots to fir your feet comfortably, especially around your ankles and insteps. Besides, your toes should be able to move.
Grip: When hunting, you are likely to walk or run on unstable or wet surfaces. A good grip can save you from injuries.
Waterproof and scent-free: All boots made from rubber will be waterproof and scent-free.
Shock absorption, Heat retention: These are basic requirements for decent hunting boots Shock absorption helps to eliminate vibration when you walk or run on hard surfaces, prevent you from being exhausted. Heat retention keeps you comfortable all day long of wearing.
Which Brands Make The Best Rubber Hunting Boots?
- Lacrosse Footwear is an American hunting bootmaker since 1897, a very long history. Their quality is equivalent to their tradition. Lacrosse Footwear’s hunting boots are specially designed for hunting with exceptional durability, ventilation, insulation, and comfort. Besides, they have great customer service. When looking for a decent hunting pair of rubber hunting boots, LaCrosse is a to-go brand.
Muck Boot Company
- As you can see from the name. Muck boot company makes boot for mucky environments. Muck boots are famous because they are great at keeping your feet warm and dry no matter what the condition like. Moreover, they are very comfortable and have good design.
- HISEA is a very young company but has built a well-known brand on its waders and boots. Their boots are very affordable yet high-quality. Their online sales and after-sales services are also very good. HISEA has been picked as the Amazon's choice since 2013. If you are looking for a decent boot at an affordable price, HISEA is an ideal brand.
Are rubber boots best for hunting?
Yes. Rubber boots are the best hunting boots since they are very lightweight, 100% waterproof, scent-free, affordable and very durable.
Should you size up in boots?
Don't wear boots that are too tight. You can go a half size up (or one size up and wear them with thicker socks or insoles).
How should mountain hunting boots fit?
Mountain hunting boots should comfortably fit your ankles and insteps. Your toes should be able to move as well. If you feel humid inside the boots, they are too tight.
Do rubber boots have good grip?
Yes. Rubber boots can provide good traction even on mud, snow, icy or wet surfaces.
Do hunter boots loosen up?
No. Rubber hunting boots are not likely to be loosen up.
For men, I recommend LaCrosse Men's Alphaburly Pro. For women, I recommend Muck Woody PK Rubber. You can find other alternatives above. I hope you can find the best rubber boots for your next hunts.