Upland is the ideal place for you to hunt, and the fact is that many hunters choose this location as their regular hunting points.
However, does it have any special requirements for hunting boots?
If you want to know the answer, then it's "Yes."
All those requirements will be covered in this article. Above all, I will also help you pick out the six best upland hunting boots that will help you improve your hunting skills.
Here are the best upland hunting boots you can buy in 2020:
- Best Overall: RUNFUN Men's Waterproof Hunting Boots
- Best For Wet Conditions: Rocky Outback Gore-Tex Waterproof Hiker Boots
- Best For The Warmer Climate: Irish Setter Men's 801 Havoc Waterproof Hunting Boot
- Best For Frozen Ground: Muck Boots Arctic Women's Winter Boots
- Best For Narrow Feet: Danner Women's Wayfinder Hunting Boots
- Best For Snakey Areas: Rocky Waterproof Snake-proof Hunting Boots
|Top 6 Best Upland Hunting Boots|
|RUNFUN Men's Waterproof Hunting Boots||Read Our Review|
Best For Wet Conditions
|Rocky Outback Gore-Tex Waterproof Hiker Boots||Read Our Review|
Best For The Warmer Climate
|Irish Setter Men's 801 Havoc Waterproof Hunting Boot||Read Our Review|
Best For Frozen Ground
|Muck Boots Arctic Women's Winter Boots||Read Our Review|
Best For Narrow Feet
|Danner Women's Wayfinder Hunting Boots||Read Our Review|
Best For Snakey Areas
|Rocky Waterproof Snake-proof Hunting Boots||Read Our Review|
Men’s Upland Hunting Boots
Best Overall: RUNFUN Men's Waterproof Hunting Boots
- Great value
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Cheap quality
I had doubts about this product because its price is quite low. And honestly, its materials have some parts originating from cheap sources in China. However, the Runfun surprised me that it was beyond what I expected.
These boots are very comfortable, pressure-free, and fit perfectly to my foot size. As a result, they have made my hunting trips in the hills and mountains easy to control and always dry. Besides, they are also very durable and light. Even if you use the boots for a few years, you will have to wait a long time to replace them because of abrasion.
|RUNFUN Men's Waterproof Hunting Boots Specifications|
The shoe is designed with a camouflage pattern that is waterproof
Suitable for all hunting terrains.
You will easily and comfortably wear the Runfun boots on your hunting or fishing trips upland.
Best For Wet Conditions: Rocky Outback Gore-Tex Waterproof Hiker Boots
- Outstandingly comfortable
- Adequate padding to protect ankles
- Rubbed tongue
One of the common problems of hunting under rainy and snowy weather is steamy and uncomfortable. Imagine all your shoes and socks are soaked in water, but you can't go barefoot. Evenly, if you hunt for a long time, your feet can easily smell.
The Rocky understood this, so they designed a product that helps wearers feel comfortable under the wet weather condition and terrain. Just add one to two thick socks, and your feet will be completely protected.
Finally, with premium leather and rubber materials, you will feel nothing but soft and comfy.
|Rocky Outback Gore-Tex Waterproof Hiker Boots Specifications|
Leather and rubber
These boots have good traction in the snow and wet conditions
Making it easier to move around.
If you go hunting in the rain, everything you wear will be wet for sure, except for these Rocky shoes.
Best For The Warmer Climate: Irish Setter Men's 801 Havoc Waterproof Hunting Boot
- Good looking
- Accurate sizes
- Airy and soft
If you’re a hunting guide in the upland areas where the climate is mild and sunny all year round, then you should not miss the Irish Setter 801 Havoc boots. They are not only good tools for hunting but also very comfortable, helping you to move in nature for a long time effortlessly.
And it's worth noting that these boots will keep your feet from getting tired and make them always dry and relaxed thanks to the soft leather material, airflow channels, and rubber sole.
As such, the moisture in the boots will always be effectively managed.
|Irish Setter Men's 801 Havoc Waterproof Hunting Boot Specifications|
These boots come with a removable insole
Adding greatly to the astounding comfort.
If you are looking for a product to help you move in sunny upland conveniently and gently, then these Irish Setter boots will be your best bet.
Women’s Upland Hunting Boots
Best For Frozen Ground: Muck Boots Arctic Women's Winter Boots
- Keep feet warm and protected
- True to size
- Premium quality
- Not for narrow calves
The first women boots that we have on here are durable, super warm, comfortable, and more than a good hunting pair for the hunting in upland. You can rest assured they will last for so long and have a lifespan of not less than five years. They are not cheap, but absolutely worth the quality and warmth it brings to your feet.
Although they are hunting boots, you will not feel like you're wearing giant clunky footwear. They are well-fitting, hold your legs perfectly, and have a feminine appearance.
|Muck Boots Arctic Women's Winter Boots Specifications|
The advanced Vibram outsole technology will help you stable on the ice without worrying about slipping.
These women’s boots are great value for the price, perfect for hunting trips in the freezing highland.
Best For Narrow Feet: Danner Women's Wayfinder Hunting Boots
- Well worth the money
- The size is somewhat smaller than it really is
Narrow feet will often make your steps on hunting boots unstable and somewhat entangled, especially in uneven terrain of upland areas. Consequently, choosing a pair of boots suitable for narrow feet like the Danner Wayfinder hunting boots is essential.
More importantly, they are ideal if you need to move around a lot. The materials and construction are really well designed, helping to keep warm and protect your feet while still ensuring comfort and ventilation.
|Danner Women's Wayfinder Hunting Boots Specifications|
Suede and nylon
The foot lifts when moving will be as light as on the clouds with the speed hook lacing system of the boots.
If you are upset with your narrow feet, then you will not want to ignore these hunting boots from the Danner brand.
Best For Snakey Areas: Rocky Waterproof Snake-proof Hunting Boots
- Good fit and support
- Safe and dry
- Reasonable price
- Hard to get on and off
One of the notes on long-day hunting trips in nature, especially in tropical forests, is the onslaught of small animals such as leeches, snakes, etc. At this time, you will need the absolute protection of snake boots, and the Rocky snake-proof hunting boots are the ones I want to recommend to you.
Not only do they protect you from venomous snakes, but they also help against water and keep your feet warm. Cross-knitted elastic bands will also allow you to tuck your pants into them. Thanks to that, you can enhance protection while still feeling comfortable and not too hot.
|Rocky Waterproof Snake-proof Hunting Boots Specifications|
Camouflage nylon material,and the 16-inch-long upper will help you avoid the risk from the most dangerous snakes.
You will feel not only comfortable and warm but also safe wearing the Rocky Snake-proof hunting boots on snakey areas.
How To Choose The Best Upland Hunting Boots?
- Hunting boots come in a variety of materials, from leather, rubber to synthetic or polyester, nylon, etc. It is essential that you choose the material that suits the upland terrain and climate you plan to hunt.
- For example, while the fabric will be cool for your feet, it is not suitable for areas with low temperatures or wet terrains compared to rubber or leather. On the other hand, rubber does not operate at full capacity on rough and rocky terrain.
- When you hunt, you will have to move in nature constantly for a few hours and even a few days. Therefore, hunting boots need to be guaranteed to be able to last long in the worst conditions in the highlands. So, check material, origin, and manufacturer's warranty.
- Waterproof function will help you withstand any weather conditions, whether rain or snow. Therefore, if you often hunt in the winter or often go through the rivers and streams, do not miss this great and necessary feature.
- You may not know this, but not all hunting boot manufacturers offer the same size. It is, size ten of this brand can be equal to size 10.5 of the other. Therefore, before ordering the boots, measure the length of your feet, and check the size table of the hunting boots supplier to take the most accurate size.
- Besides, don't forget to pay attention to the shaft and boot opening of the product.
- his may not matter if you hunt in a dry and warm place. However, if it is rainy and cold, you will need this feature to withstand severe weather.
- Soles are an essential part of hunting boots because they'll affect your stability and traction. The more rugged and wetter your hunting terrain is, the more necessary it is to choose a pair of boots with thick and excellent soles. On the other hand, thin and light soles will help you move more agilely.
Which Brands Make The Best Upland Hunting Boots?
- Rocky Brands is a company from the US and has expanded its operations to Canada and some European countries. This company is very famous and reliable with nearly a century of design and production of work, outdoor, western, and military footwear. In addition, you can also buy their outdoor, work accessories, and apparel products.
- Compared to Rocky Brands, Muck Boot has a much shorter life span, but what they achieve is really respectable. Their boots are of premium quality, so your feet will always be protected and comfortable in all weather conditions.
How many grams of insulation is adequate for hunting boots?
Before you choose boots with insulation, you need to consider the type of terrain and the weather in the area you will hunt. It is vital because it will determine the number of grams of insulation needed, which usually fluctuates between 200 and 2,000 grams.
And here are the options for you.
Boots with an insulation level of 200 to 600 grams: best for places with mild to cold weather. You can even choose to go hunting or fishing at night with these boots. Often, manufacturers will choose 400-600 grams of insulation for their hunting boot products.
800-gram-of-insulation hunting boots: suitable for places with lower temperatures. This means that the colder the weather is, the more you need the boots with a high level of insulation grams.
So which insulation level is best for extreme weather conditions? The answer is hunting boots of over 1,200 grams.
Are insulated hunting boots good?
Yes. If you regularly operate in cold areas, you will need it to survive in the wild, and it will also not affect your hunting performance. On the contrary, if you go hunting in a warm and dry climate, boots with a high level of insulation grams will make you feel hot and uncomfortable.
Should I size up in boots?
As I have said, not all boot sizes are the same for every supplier. Therefore, it is possible for you to buy hunting boots with the wrong size.
However, if you are in this situation, you can still fix it by size up your boots. There are many ways you can do this, and the most common way is to fill your boots with a water bag. Then, freeze it in the fridge. After taking the boots out of the fridge, it will reach the size you want.
fridge. After taking the boots out of the fridge, it will reach the size you want.
In addition to ensuring your feet, socks, and boots are always clean before and after use, you can prevent hunting boots from smelling by choosing breathable boot materials. Also, good and safe anti-odor products include baking soda, antibacterial soap, Epsom salts, vinegar, or lemon juice, etc.
Hope that the best upland hunting boots in this tutorial will be helpful for your game. Please tell us how you feel after using any of the products that I have recommended. And if you love them, don't hesitate to like and share the article with others.