The interior of a recreation vehicle can become overly hot without proper ventilation. However, don’t let it spoil your experience of sightseeing throughout your journey.
RV vent fans are available to help you out of such a situation. They serve to facilitate the outward or inward air movement, keeping vehicles cool and comfortable all the time.
We’ve searched through hundreds of models on the market to pick out the best RV vent fan, which is both effective and affordable.
Here are the best rv vent fans you can buy in 2019:
- Best Overall: Fan-Tastic Vent 1250 Series White RV Roof Vent
- User Friendliest: Maxxair 00-05100K MaxxFan Ventilation Fan
- Budget-Friendly: Heng’s 14-inch RV Camper Trailer Universal White Roof Vent 12v Fan 71112-C
- Highest CFM: Fan-Tastic Vent 807350 Series Vent-White
- Smart Design: Maxx Air 00007500K MaxxFan Deluxe with Remote-Smoke
Best Overall: Fan-Tastic Vent 1250 Series White RV Roof Vent
- Compact and durable
- Three speed options
- Quiet operation
- Less durable material
- No built-in thermostat and rain sensor.
If you’re seeking a high-quality but affordable RV vent fan, this 1250 series from Fan-Tastic Vent should be your final destination. Its reasonable price has nothing to do with its excellent functionality.
The manufacturer is proud of eliminating noise during the operation of its products, notably RV vent fan models. The 1250 series operates at full capacity quietly, not annoying any sleeper in the vehicle. There are three fan speeds, low, medium, and high, which is limited but enough for conventional usage.
Compared to other products in the list, this one ranks high in terms of CFM rating (920). It means that the 10-blade fan can perform tasks more quickly within minutes. Its lightweightness facilitates carrying around easily. You can avoid encountering hassle while moving up a ladder for installation.
The product offers two choices of speed control: automatic variable and fixed, manual speeds so that you can create the desired airflow. There’s no difficulty in changing the fan direction, letting air in or out of your RV.
The design is eye-catching with a high profile white base and smoke dome while the plastic material absorbs the sunlight to maintain a bright and airy space.
|Fan-Tastic Vent 1250 Series White RV Roof Vent Specifications|
14 x 12 x 12 inches
Self-sealing vent cover
Multiple fan speeds
Simple but fully functional, the Fan-Tastic Vent 1250 Series white RV roof vent offers a sensible choice for anyone looking for a new one.
User Friendliest: Maxxair 00-05100K MaxxFan Ventilation Fan
- Built-in rain shield and thermostat
- Twin lifting arms
- Powerful 10-speed fan
- Ceiling control
- Non-durable plastics
- No remote control.
If you’re a newbie to modern technologies, you can try out this ventilation fan from Maxx Air, one of the leading brands in such industry. The 00-05100K model boasts sturdy construction and user-friendly design.
The system includes a fan, vent, and a rain shield to prevent heat buildup inside the rig in case of power shore lack. It comes with no lid fluttering, which turns out helpful in a windy environment. Also, it minimizes noise during operation.
There’s fuse protection to ensure durability. You don’t need to worry about the fan being easily damaged. The keypad control is such a breeze for ordinary customers.
Installation is a piece of cake as the system can blend into every type of standard roof opening in recreation vehicles. The exhaust function is fantastic in eliminating warm air throughout the summertime.
There are mounting screws and hardware in the package to help with the setup. The rain shield does a great job of protecting the construction from the effects of changing weather while ceiling controls facilitate running the system.
|Maxxair 00-05100K MaxxFan Ventilation Fan Specifications|
25.5 x 19.5 x 11.9 inches
Twin lifting arms
The Maxxair 00-05100K MaxxFan ventilation fan is a topnotch but easy-to-use choice from installation to uphold for a vent system.
Budget-Friendly: Heng’s 14-inch RV Camper Trailer Universal White Roof Vent 12v Fan 71112-C
- Durable build
- Little noise production
- Mesh screen
- Compatible with all standard RV roofs
- No rain protection
- No moisture resistance.
The Heng’s 14-inch RV camper trailer universal vent provides a cheap cooling solution for those not caring too much about its multiple functions. The installation is such a breeze while it is compatible with a wide range of RVs.
What strikes me most about this product is the unique mesh screen. It facilitates frequent maintenance and ensures tidiness inside the vehicle around the clock. Its operation is noise-free so that you can run the fan comfortably at night.
Compact and lightweight, the Heng’s fan is suitable for frequent travellers. Even the elderly who are slow at technological command can turn on the fan quickly. However, be careful with the very sharp vent metal flanges.
|Heng’s 14-inch RV Camper Trailer Universal White Roof Vent 12v Fan 71112-C Specifications|
16 x 16 x 7 inches
Mesh removable screen
Galvanized steel roof flange with a mill finish
6-inch blade fan
28 mounting screws.
The Heng's model does a fair job of cooling the inside RVs, ventilating, and removing odour without producing much noise.
Highest CFM: Fan-Tastic Vent 807350 Series Vent-White
- Appealing design
- Built-in thermostat
- Features rain sensor
- Automatic variable or manual speeds
- Little moisture resistance
- Non-UV stabilized.
As another product of Fan-Tastic Vent, the 807350 series can do better beyond your expectations. You can count on its 13 different speed settings and fast pace thanks to the highest CFM number of 920. Thus, it is feasible to adjust the fan speed to your liking.
Strikingly, the amperage draw is low enough to curb energy consumption. Much powerful as the rotary fan, the operation of the whole system remains quiet. The built-in thermostat serves to maintain your set temperature by automatically stopping or starting as the vehicle’s inside space becomes colder or hotter.
Also, the automatic lift dome is one-of-a-kind. You don’t have to crank it to open. The incorporated remote control helps you control the fan at will while the unique rain sensor will close the dome immediately upon sensing the wetness. Or else, it reopens the vault once it becomes dry.
|Fan-Tastic Vent 807350 Series Vent-White Specifications|
14 x 13 x 12 inches
Digital remote control
Knob-on vent housing
Clear fan blades.
The Fan-Tastic Vent 807350 series vent-white makes a costly investment, but it's worth your money with all extra user-friendly features.
Smart Design: Maxx Air 00007500K MaxxFan Deluxe with Remote-Smoke
- Energy efficient
- Electric lid opening with remote control
- Adjustable fan speed
- Flush mounted
- Noisy operation at high speeds
The Maxx Air 00007500K MaxxFan deluxe with remote-smoke is another must-have product in your RV. It incorporates three functions in one, including fan, vent, and rain shield.
What sets the item apart is the remote control, allowing for smooth system operation. There’s rain-free ventilation to make sure the fan works well in any weather. As flush-mounted, the unit consumes little space and carries an aesthetic looking.
Control levels are diverse so that you can adjust to your liking. The insect screen is designed to keep bugs or insects away from the vehicle roof. The closed lid facilitates air circulation while the ceiling fan mode is running.
The vent fan fits all the standard roof vents with the help of a manual knob. There are ten speed settings for users to choose, depending on the exterior environment. Musty air and odour will give way to fresh air inside the rig.
|Maxx Air 00007500K MaxxFan Deluxe with Remote-Smoke Specifications|
14.8 x 12.8 x 5.2 inches
Twin lifting arms
If you are chasing after the latest technology, don’t overlook the Maxx Air 00007500K MaxxFan deluxe for its smart design of remote control.
How To Choose The Best RV Vent Fans?
Contrary to collective thinking, choosing the best RV vent fan can be difficult if you don’t know what criteria to look for. Several factors are worth your attention as follows.
- The energy efficiency of the RV vent fan heavily depends on the amperage draw. It reveals how much the unit will cost for operation, which matters much when you are planning to use the fan regularly.
- A low amperage draw means energy efficiency and money savingness. However, a fan with a higher volume can produce more power to cater to your needs. It is especially true in case you own a large motorhome or camper since powerful units can handle the vast space.
- Otherwise, it would turn out extravagant if you only want a small construction to cover your entire rig.
- There’re two main types of lid opening: automatic and manual. In general, the former tends to cost you a little bit more money since the manual option asks for a bit of crank. However, it doesn’t cause too much trouble. Some customers are willing to pay more for convenience while others see the automatic opening lid a luxury.
- Spending more money can help you lead a more comfortable life. However, you should consider whether it is worth spending over your budget or not before making up your mind. If you love the automatic feature, some automatic lid opening fans don’t cost too much compared to their manual counterparts.
- CFM represents the cubic feet of air moved by the vent fan per minute. High CFM means high price, so you should find a balance between the vent fan’s cost and CFM.
- Owners of large cars had better go for a model with a high CFM figure of at least 900. It serves to boost the speed of absorbing heat and moisture inside your recreational vehicles.
- A lower rating model would be enough for smaller RVs though their pace somewhat slows down.
- Manufacturers have been trying to increase their products’ competitiveness by introducing novel features. For example, the multiple speed settings help control the energy consumption of your system while a rain sensor or thermostat facilitates convenient usage.
- Of course, such models are more expensive than usual. Thus, you have to determine whether these features are helpful to you or not. It will go to waste if you plan to drive your RV once to twice a year.
- The demand for an RV is different between part-time and full-time drivers. High-quality and more expensive models would satisfy a full-time RVer so that they can stand the test of time despite severe usage. Meanwhile, part-timers should go for less costly fans given their lower usage rate.
Which Brands Make The Best RV Vent Fans?
- Beginning in 1984, the company is committed to launching quiet and affordable items to maintain fresh and cool air inside an RV. It continues to secure a solid place in the top recognized brand name list.
- With a long history in the industry of RV vent fans, they sell high-quality and durable RV products at an affordable price. Despite simple and user-friendly designs, their products are highly effective in circulating airflow.
Why do you need an RV roof vent fan?
The roof vent fan is necessary for all RVs. It prevents stale air from lingering inside the vehicle while maintaining a constant airflow instead, bringing about a fresh and pleasant environment. Therefore, mould can't develop to cause respiratory diseases and symptoms, such as asthma attacks and allergies.
Also, such a fan helps dry out wet surfaces and clothes more quickly, mainly after you go swimming on a summer trip. Therefore, moisture buildup is no longer worrying.
Moreover, vent fans serve to ensure no unbearable summer days by pushing hot air out and letting in new air.
How do you measure RV roof vents?
The measurement of standard RV roof vents falls in the range of 13 x 14 to 14 x 14 inches wide for openings. Based on the manufacturer name on the vent, you can figure out the hinged portion of the vent.
To measure the RV roof vent, you need to remove its existing cover first. Next, measure the duct opening in length and height. It is called the inside measurement.
Match the result with the respective size available on the product listing. There should be no difference between the length and height of the duct opening and the width and length of the product you plan to buy.
Bear in mind that your cover’s overall size will be larger than the opening figure since it counts in the outside border portion, where locates the crew holes.
Can RV vent fan be used in all weather?
Yes. The majority of RV vent fans can work well in diverse weather patterns. Some models even include UV resistant resin, which minimizes the risk of melting or ruin under the impact of high heat.
This factor is essential in deciding whether the unit can last for years as you can’t avoid exposing the vent fan to multiple impacts and shocks during use.
How do you install RV vent fan?
Different models and brands don't ask for the same installation process. Therefore, you should give priority to easy-to-install vent fans. The package often contains a manual, so follow the instruction carefully, and you can nail it!
How do you replace an RV vent cover?
Replacing the RV rent cover doesn’t cost you much time and effort. It’s possible to do on your own or consult help from a professional.
First, select a replacement cover that matches your old one. Next, park your vehicle in a proper spot. Make sure there won’t be anything that interferes with the installation process.
After that, position and secure the latter up on one side of the RV. Replace the old cover with the new one by placing its straightened tabs. Remember to insert its slot alongside such tabs and close them before putting the pins. Tighten the nails to complete the procedure.
Should I buy RV vent insulator?
You don’t have to purchase an RV vent insulator, but it does help in some cases. Such part serves to keep people inside the vehicle at great ease. For example, your camper will become chilly in the summertime while staying warm in the winter.
It’s not so challenging to select the best RV vent fans provided that you know which features to find. Today’s buying guide is compiled from comprehensive research and our own experience of using products, so you can count on it to make the final decision.
Have fun while shopping! Don’t forget to share your thoughts on the newly-bought product.