The base layer for cold weather isn’t made to keep you warm but rather to keep you dry from your body perspiration. The best base layer for cold weather must wick away moisture easily and quickly.
What other characteristics should you look for in base layers?
Where should can you buy good base layers?
Here are the best base layers for cold weather (Apr 2021 Update):
- Best For Camping (Women’s Merino Base Layers): MERIWOOL Women’s Base Layer
- Best For Running (Women’s Merino Base Layers): Roman Trail Outfitters Long Sleeve Base Layer
- (Women’s Merino Base Layers): Icebreaker Women's 175 Everyday Long Sleeve Crewe
- (Women’s Merino Base Layers): MERIWOOL Women’s Base Layer
- (Women’s Merino Base Layers): Minus33 Merino Wool 814
- Best For Fishing (Men’s Merino Base Layers): 7EVEN Clothing Long Sleeve Shirt 190 GSM
- (Men’s Merino Base Layers): First Lite Men's Kiln Hoody
- Best For Snowboarding (Men’s Merino Base Layers): Merino 365 New Zealand Long Sleeve Base Layer
- (Men’s Merino Base Layers): Minus33 Merino Wool 714 Isolation Men's Midweight 1/4 Zip
- (Men’s Merino Base Layers): Woolly Clothing Men's Merino Wool Henley Hoodie
- Best For Small-Framed People (Women’s Synthetic Base Layers): Under Armour Women's Coldgear Authentics Compression Mock
- Best For A Thin Sweater (Women’s Synthetic Base Layers): 32Degrees Women's Heat Scoop Neck Thermal Top
- (Women’s Synthetic Base Layers): SILKWORLD Women's Workout Baselayer
- (Women’s Synthetic Base Layers): BALEAF Women's Fleece Thermal Long Sleeve Running Shirt
- (Women’s Synthetic Base Layers): Terramar Cloud Nine 4-Way Stretch Brushed Long Sleeve Scoop Neck
- Best For Hiking (Men’s Synthetic Base Layers): Carhartt Men's Force Midweight Long Sleeve Shirt
- Best For Skiing (Men’s Synthetic Base Layers): Arc'teryx Rho AR
- (Men’s Synthetic Base Layers): Under Armour Men's Long Sleeve T-Shirt
- (Men’s Synthetic Base Layers): ColdPruf Men's Base Layer Top
- (Men’s Synthetic Base Layers): Ultradry Men Thermal Underwear Top
|20 Best Base Layers For Cold Weather|
Best For Camping
|MERIWOOL Women’s Base Layer|
Best For Running
|Roman Trail Outfitters Long Sleeve Base Layer|
|Icebreaker Women's 175 Everyday Long Sleeve Crewe|
|MERIWOOL Women’s Base Layer|
|Minus33 Merino Wool 814|
Best For Fishing
|7EVEN Clothing Long Sleeve Shirt 190 GSM|
|First Lite Men's Kiln Hoody|
Best For Snowboarding
|Merino 365 New Zealand Long Sleeve Base Layer|
|Minus33 Merino Wool 714 Isolation Men's Midweight 1/4 Zip|
|Woolly Clothing Men's Merino Wool Henley Hoodie|
Best For Small-Framed People
|Under Armour Women's Coldgear Authentics Compression Mock|
Best For A Thin Sweater
|32Degrees Women's Heat Scoop Neck Thermal Top|
|SILKWORLD Women's Workout Baselayer|
|BALEAF Women's Fleece Thermal Long Sleeve Running Shirt|
|Terramar Cloud Nine 4-Way Stretch Brushed Long Sleeve Scoop Neck|
Best For Hiking
|Carhartt Men's Force Midweight Long Sleeve Shirt|
Best For Skiing
|Arc'teryx Rho AR|
|Under Armour Men's Long Sleeve T-Shirt|
|ColdPruf Men's Base Layer Top|
|Ultradry Men Thermal Underwear Top|
Merino Base Layers
For people who have a tight budget, we highly recommend choosing merino wool. It comes from a superior kind of sheep.
Their wool is especially fine, which makes for less itchy base layers. Also, merino wool doesn’t feel wet to the touch until they’re 60% saturated, so you’ll stay dry longer.
When the fabric does get soaked, merino fibers won’t collapse so the garment keeps its shape and thermal properties, which is rare for wet clothing plus your sweat won’t be able to embed deep into collapsed fibers, so you’ll avoid that funky smell shirt sometimes gets after they’ve been wet.
Another big bonus is its low maintenance.
Most Merino wool base layers are machine-washable and tumble-dry, or you can hand-wash it with cold weather.
Best For Camping (Women’s Merino Base Layers): MERIWOOL Women’s Base Layer
- Perfect for all-year-round usage - made of 250g/m2 interlock-knit merino wool
- Reliable – backed by a 30-day guarantee and a 1-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- Able to fit everyone and every style – 9 color options & available in size XS to size L
- Affordable – priced around $60
- Attract hair and fuzz
If all you need is something to warm in the winter and cool in the summer with a flattering fit and quick-drying properties, this fits snugly the bill.
It is made of 250g/m2 interlock-knit merino wool, which is a mid-weight type of fabric specifically designed for cold weather.
Skiers, snowboarders, and campers love wearing it as either a base or mid-layer because, with it, you can easily add/remove outer layers for comfort when temps fluctuate from below to above freezing.
MERIWOOL is so confident about their products that they provide a 30-day guarantee and a 1-year limited manufacturer’s warranty.
|MERIWOOL Women’s Base Layer Specifications|
18.5-micron Merino wool
made of 250g/m2 interlock-knit merino wool; backed by a 30-day guarantee and a 1-year limited manufacturer’s warranty;
For those who are in need of the best women’s merino base layer for camping, this is a tried-and-true choice.
Best For Running (Women’s Merino Base Layers): Roman Trail Outfitters Long Sleeve Base Layer
- Great sweat and odor management - 160 GSM. 88 NM/2 merino wool
- Allow for freedom in movements - forgiving and complimenting fit
- They have tags
- Wish there were more color options
For strenuous activities like running, what you should look for is a merino base layer made of ultralight or lightweight type because it keeps sweat and odors to a strict minimum.
While testing, we find the 160 GSM. 88 NM/2 merino wool of this Australia-made base layer is perfect for such purpose. It gives a really soft and comfortable hand-feel while the light insulation level still keeps you warm in mildly cool nights.
For three-season use, it is a wonderful option.
The forgiving and complementing fit, meanwhile, ensures your best freedom in movements.
|Roman Trail Outfitters Long Sleeve Base Layer Specifications|
100 % MERINO WOOL
160 GSM. 88 NM/2 merino wool; forgiving and complimenting fit
Made from lightweight merino wool type along with a forgiving fit, the Roman Trail Outfitters Long Sleeve Base Layer is our favorite pick for runners.
(Women’s Merino Base Layers): Icebreaker Women's 175 Everyday Long Sleeve Crewe
- Durable, odor-free, and warm – 100% merino wool
- Comfortable - raglan seam + side seam construction
- Low-maintenance - machine-washable material
- A bit thin
This brand though of everything a woman could need when making the Women's 175 Everyday Long Sleeve Crewe: less synthetic fabrics for enhanced longevity, toasty warm merino wool layers with odor resistance, and raglan seam + side seam construction for comfort.
|Icebreaker Women's 175 Everyday Long Sleeve Crewe Specifications|
100% Merino Wool
100% merino wool
raglan seam + side seam construction
Plus, it is machine-washable. The base layer is perfect for multiple uses, from casual to outdoor activities.
(Women’s Merino Base Layers): MERIWOOL Women’s Base Layer
- Thin, low-maintenance, extremely-warm, and itchy-free - 100% all-natural superfine 400g/m2 18.5-micron merino wool
- Good sun protection - a UPF 50+ rating
- Slightly overpriced
The brand has seriously stepped up its game with affordable winter base layer options that are made from 100% all-natural superfine 400g/m2 18.5-micron merino wool. This fabric is extremely lightweight, soft, and thin but not itchy. Moreover, it offers superior warmth to keep you warm in freezing conditions.
|MERIWOOL Women’s Base Layer Specifications|
100% 18.5-micron Merino wool
100% all-natural superfine 400g/m2 18.5-micron merino wool
a UPF 50+ rating
The fabric is also added with a UPF 50+ rating for extra skin-protection. Plus, it is machine-washable and dryer-safe.
(Women’s Merino Base Layers): Minus33 Merino Wool 814
- Incredibly soft and comfortable - 100% merino wool
- Ultimate cold air blocking and durable - flatlock seams
- Great sun protection - a UPF 50+ rating
- A little short in the torso
Minus33 Merino Wool has developed a cult-like following for its incredibly soft and comfortable mid-weight base layer that is made from 100% merino wool.
|Minus33 Merino Wool 814 Specifications|
100% Merino Wool
100% merino wool
a UPF 50+ rating
The best part is this high-end fabric is combined with flatlock seams for ultimate cold air blocking, and a UPF 50+ rating for increased sun protection. It is a perfect three-season base layer for women.
Best For Fishing (Men’s Merino Base Layers): 7EVEN Clothing Long Sleeve Shirt 190 GSM
- Reliable – made of Australian merino wool material, the finest kind of fabric
- Very comfortable to wear - gusseted underarms, contoured elbows, & smooth flatlock seams
- Provide storage space – a zippered arm pocket
- Extra protection - standup collar & stitched thumb holes
- Too little color choices
Lots of expert male anglers who are also our friends greatly suggested this base layer. What they praised it the most is the Australian merino wool material.
It’s the finest type in the realm of merino wool, known for superbly natural moisture-wicking and rapid-dry abilities plus odor management. Therefore, it helps you adapt quickly to the weather changes.
This 7EVEN base layer is also designed with customers’ comfort in mind.
It has gusseted underarms and contoured elbows for mobility enhancement, and smooth flatlock seams for neck-rubbing protection.
It has a zippered arm pocket just in case you want to bring along your keys, cards, and cash securely. It also has standup collar for coldness and wind resistance from your neck, and the stitched thumbholes keep your wrists from being shown.
|7EVEN Clothing Long Sleeve Shirt 190 GSM Specifications|
100% MERINO WOOL
Australian merino wool material; gusseted underarms, contoured elbows, & smooth flatlock seams; a zippered arm pocket; standup collar & stitched thumb holes
If you’re looking for the best base layer for fishing in cold weather, this is what you’re after.
(Men’s Merino Base Layers): First Lite Men's Kiln Hoody
- Maintenance-free – machine-washable & line dry
- Decent concealment and temp regulation - an ergonomic, quarter zippered hood
- Stretchy & flexible - 5% spandex
- A bit overpriced
- Wish it were a smidge softer to the touch
- Too long in the mid-section
Fashion meets function with this toasty warm merino base layer that is also ideal for some specific outdoor activities, like hunting. For extra comfort, it has 5% spandex, giving the fabric a bit stretchiness and flexibility during mobility.
|First Lite Men's Kiln Hoody Specifications|
95% merino / 5% spandex
machine-washable & line dry
an ergonomic, quarter zippered hood
The apparel is also added with an ergonomic, quarter zippered hood for decent concealment and temp regulation. Above all, it’s pretty low-maintenance!
Best For Snowboarding (Men’s Merino Base Layers): Merino 365 New Zealand Long Sleeve Base Layer
- Thick and warm enough for snowy weather - mid-weight 230gsm New Zealand merino wool material
- Ensure the best fit - Various size options
- Keep the cuffs from pulling up and show your wrists - Thumbholes
- Some people might feel the fabric is a bit thin
At a price range of $55 to $100, we find this base layer to be unbeatable for snowboarding.
Why? Because its mid-weight 230gsm New Zealand merino wool material is good enough to keep your warm in freezing cold weather conditions.
It also provides you with a wide size chart, available from S to XXL, even has two specific sizes for medium tall and large tall.
|Merino 365 New Zealand Long Sleeve Base Layer Specifications|
100% merino wool
mid-weight 230gsm New Zealand merino wool material; Thumb holes;
For a snowboarding base layer that is not just warm and comfy but also has a great fit with flexible movements, this is a good try.
(Men’s Merino Base Layers): Minus33 Merino Wool 714 Isolation Men's Midweight 1/4 Zip
- Easy to maintain – 18.5-micron merino wool 230g/m2 applied easy-care technology
- Odor-free – rapid-dry & moisture-wicking properties
- Durable - interlock knitting construction
- The neck sometimes looks weird – too soft fabric
Ideal for heavy-sweat dudes, this three-season base layer uses 18.5-micron merino wool 230g/m2 applied easy-care technology, making it a renewable fabric. You can machine-wash it for more effort-saving, and the best thing is this base layer is anti-odor.
|Minus33 Merino Wool 714 Isolation Men's Midweight 1/4 Zip Specifications|
100% Merino Wool
18.5-micron merino wool 230g/m2
interlock knitting construction
The interlock knitting construction, besides, makes this garment durable than ever. Even after plenty of washes, we still find no wears yet.
(Men’s Merino Base Layers): Woolly Clothing Men's Merino Wool Henley Hoodie
- High-quality - 190GSM 18.5-micron Australian merino wool & flatlock seams
- Comfortable – itchy-free & tag-less
- Versatile – ideal for 4-season use, whether daily wear, travel, or outdoor sports
- A bit thin
- The arms are slightly too long
For casual use, this Henley hoodie is our suggestion.
Aside from the relaxed, loose-fitting, the 190GSM 18.5-micron Australian merino wool combined with flatlock seams increase the garment’s durability to the extreme. It is anti-odor, anti-microbial, fire-resistant, rapid-dry, and naturally stretchy, which is also perfect for 4-season outdoor activities.
|Woolly Clothing Men's Merino Wool Henley Hoodie Specifications|
100% 190 GSM 18.5 micron Australian merino wool
190GSM 18.5-micron Australian merino wool & flatlock seams
Want to know the best part? It is itchy-free and tag-less, which means for the highest comfort offered to you.
Synthetic Base Layers
Synthetic base layers are commonly used for more aerobic activities where you’re going to sweat heavily, such as mountain biking and mountaineering.
The biggest advantage of the synthetics over merino wool is it really pulls much more moisture as well as wick them away to dry far quicker, making your body temperature regulation more effective. The texture is not uncomfortable.
It’s stretchy and gives a close-fitting feel when you wear it.
Like the merino, synthetic fabrics are divided into lightweight, mid-weight, and heavyweight, which determines the insulation properties.
They also wash easily – 30 to 40-degree wash in a washing machine with some tech wash then practically dry so you can virtually put them on and just keep going.
One thing to take note of if you intend to choose this fabric is it doesn’t control bacteria quite as well as the merino, meaning that it can get a little bit stinky. As a result, it requires washing more regularly.
Best For Small-Framed People (Women’s Synthetic Base Layers): Under Armour Women's Coldgear Authentics Compression Mock
- Deliver maximum warmth retention, breathability, and comfort - 87% polyester and 13% elastane combined with brushback knit technique
- Stretchy and comfy - four-way stretch construction
- The collar feels a bit loose
Now the first option in this category is from Under Armour – a big brand.
It highlights the smart fabric blends of 87% polyester and 13% elastane combined with brushback knit technique for maximum warmth retention, breathability, and comfort.
It is a four-way stretch constructed base layer so regardless of your movements, it stretches phenomenally well to fit and feel comfortable.
According to our testing reports as well as other customers’ review, the size chart of this base layer runs a bit small plus it is available in size XS and S, so if you have a petite frame, try this.
|Under Armour Women's Coldgear Authentics Compression Mock Specifications|
87% polyester, 13% elastane
87% polyester and 13% elastane combined with brushback knit technique; four-way stretch construction
Under Armour Women's Coldgear Authentics Compression Mock is a shining contender for small-framed people.
Best For A Thin Sweater (Women’s Synthetic Base Layers): 32Degrees Women's Heat Scoop Neck Thermal Top
- Give extra soft hand-feel, durability, and stretch – a fabric blend of polyester, acrylic, rayon, and spandex
- Ideal to layer with a thin sweater – a loose collar
- The bottom hem could be stronger
- Not for freezing cold weather – the fabric is too thin
The high heat retention properties of this base layer will be a lifesaver for those people whose work environment requires wearing a uniform with no coat or jacket on the outside.
Or, it’s also perfect to layer with a thin sweater thanks to the loose collar.
While made mainly of polyester and acrylic, it is added with spandex and rayon fibers for extra soft hand-feel, durability, and stretch. We like it!
|32Degrees Women's Heat Scoop Neck Thermal Top Specifications|
37% Acrylic, 34% Polyester, 25% Rayon, 4% Spandex
a fabric blend of polyester, acrylic, rayon, and spandex; a loose collar
After testing, we’ve found this base layer to take the cake as some of the best options for layering with a thin sweater.
(Women’s Synthetic Base Layers): SILKWORLD Women's Workout Baselayer
- The stitching on the sleeve cuff could be stronger
If you’re finding the best base layer for outdoor sports, don’t overlook this garment.
As made of polyester plus 8% spandex, it gives superb elasticity along with great moisture-wicking properties, soft hand-feel, and lightness. Combined with smooth tight seams, we assure you that there’ll be no chafing issues at all.
|SILKWORLD Women's Workout Baselayer Specifications|
92% polyester / 8% spandex,
Feature a sharp look
smooth tight seams
polyester plus 8% spandex
The sharp design, on the other hand, gives this base layer that desired a sharp look to make you spirited and gorgeous.
(Women’s Synthetic Base Layers): BALEAF Women's Fleece Thermal Long Sleeve Running Shirt
- Good to be used at night – reflective elements
- Support your movements – lightweight, four-way stretch fabric blend of polyester and elastane
- Smooth and comfortable to your skin – flat seams
- Big brand logo printed on the garment
- Run a little large
Designed with some reflective elements, this BALEAF base layer is perfect to be used in low light conditions. Another notable thing is its fabric blend, including 13% elastane and 87% polyester, incorporated with flat seams to offer top-notch smooth hand-feel without feeling itchiness.
That also means this shirt (at least) won’t restrict your mobility.
|BALEAF Women's Fleece Thermal Long Sleeve Running Shirt Specifications|
87% Polyester / 13% Elastane
87% Polyester and 13% Elastane
It even supports every movement and makes you feel the most comfortable, all thanks to the lightweight, four-way stretch nature. Plus, the brushed fabric provides a great balance between breathability and warmth.
(Women’s Synthetic Base Layers): Terramar Cloud Nine 4-Way Stretch Brushed Long Sleeve Scoop Neck
- Rapid-dry, heat retention, and fast moisture-wicking capabilities - UPF rating 25+ and 2.0 mid-weight warmth level
- Maintenance-free – machine-wash
- Convenient - functional thumbholes
- Run small
- A bit heavy
Featuring UPF rating 25+ and 2.0 mid-weight warmth level, this base layer is a versatile option for spring and fall use when the weather isn’t too harsh. Its biggest strengths are rapid-dry, heat retention, and fast moisture-wicking capabilities.
The fabrics are also machine-washable so cleanup isn’t a thing.
|Terramar Cloud Nine 4-Way Stretch Brushed Long Sleeve Scoop Neck Specifications|
86% Polyester/14% Spandex
UPF rating 25+
2.0 mid-weight warmth level
Aside from flat seam construction for comfort, we do appreciate the added functional thumbholes to keep the sleeve in place during movements.
Best For Hiking (Men’s Synthetic Base Layers): Carhartt Men's Force Midweight Long Sleeve Shirt
- Affordable – priced of around $25 to $40
- Deliver top-notch heat-trapping, moisture-wicking properties, and freedom in movement - 100% high-grade polyester fabric
- Extra comfort - added concealed thumb loops, tag-less label, smooth flatlock
- Less stink smell - odor-management technology
- The color collections could be more
- Less neck protection - the crew neck design is too large
- A little hard to take off
For male hikers, this is the most popular option these days because not just of its budget-friendly pricing but also the 100% high-grade polyester fabric.
As stated above, synthetic material gives you unmatched heat retention, rapid-dry properties, and flex for hiking with ease.
But making it stand out from others is the added concealed thumb loops, tag-less label, smooth flatlock, and odor-management technology.
|Carhartt Men's Force Midweight Long Sleeve Shirt Specifications|
Temperature & Output Levels
100% high-grade polyester fabric; concealed thumb loops, tag-less label, smooth flatlock; odor-management technology
This base layer is a fine example of the best men’s synthetic base layers for hiking.
Best For Skiing (Men’s Synthetic Base Layers): Arc'teryx Rho AR
- Able to meet requirements in stretching, comfort, and warmth when skiing - Synthetic fleece textiles
- Flexible - the zippered neck area
- Offer storage space – a zippered chest pocket
- Wish there were more color options
Price aside, the Arc'teryx Rho AR gives us a whole different feel to the touch compared to the lower-end options.
Its softness, durability, and thickness levels are literally in the next level, and when testing it on strenuous activities like skiing, it is super-comfortable and warm. We like the zippered neck area for flexible use as well as the zippered chest pocket for your essentials.
|Arc'teryx Rho AR Specifications|
280 g / 9.9 oz
zippered chest pocket; zippered neck area; Synthetic fleece textiles
We find the Arc'teryx Rho AR to provide the highest warmth and comfort levels out of a bunch, so it’s our solid pick for skiing.
(Men’s Synthetic Base Layers): Under Armour Men's Long Sleeve T-Shirt
- Odor-free and decent ventilation - stretch-mesh underarm panels
- High-quality - HeatGear material
- Good form-fitting & stretchiness - 16% elastane and 84% polyester
- Big brand logo
Coming with a good form-fitting, the Under Armour Men's Long Sleeve T-Shirt is a great chance to show your muscles and body curves without restricting your mobility. The secret? It lies in the HeatGear fabric blend, including 16% elastane and 84% polyester, with all the benefits of UA Compression.
|Under Armour Men's Long Sleeve T-Shirt Specifications|
84% Polyester/16% Elastane
stretch-mesh underarm panels
The biggest bonus is it has stretch-mesh panels under the arm zones for extra breathability, keeping your body from stinky odors.
(Men’s Synthetic Base Layers): ColdPruf Men's Base Layer Top
- Ideal for low to medium activity levels in extremely cold weather - double layers of merino wool
- Offer full range of movement - generous cut and loose-fitting shape
- Keep the garment in place during movement - stay-put rib cuffs and a drop tail
- The fabric gets shrunk if washed by machine
- Slightly heavy
With double layers of merino wool, this base layer is undoubtedly one of the warmest we have in this list. In low to medium activity levels in extremely cold weather, you don’t need layer much if already wearing it.
The generous cut and loose-fitting shape offer a full range of movement.
|ColdPruf Men's Base Layer Top Specifications|
double layers of merino wool
the generous cut and loose-fitting shape
stay-put rib cuffs and a drop tail
Meanwhile, stay-put rib cuffs and drop tail keeps the base layer from pinching or pulling up during mobility. Flat seams and tag-less labeling are two of our most favorite things.
(Men’s Synthetic Base Layers): Ultradry Men Thermal Underwear Top
- Provide the needed warmth that only thicker base layers have – microfiber fleece liner
- Durable and long-lasting – wrinkle-free and not shrink after wash
- Run a little bit small
- It has tags on the inside of the shirt
Whether you’re camping, skiing, snowboarding, hunting, biking, or hiking in the winter, rest the heart that this ultradry Men Thermal Underwear Top will always keep your body toasty warm.
The thin construction combined with microfiber fleece lining enhances its moisture-wicking properties, making the fabric dry out quickly and insulated well from the cold. Plus, the soft texture offers superior comfort to your skin.
|Ultradry Men Thermal Underwear Top Specifications|
92% Ultra Soft Polyester, 8% Spandex.
microfiber fleece liner
wrinkle-free and not shrink after wash
The best part is it isn’t shrunk even after repeated washes.
How To Choose The Best Base Layer For Cold Weather?
The very first thing to look into when shopping for base layers is the fabric. Mostly, you will have three options: merino, synthetic, and silk. Here’s how they compare:
Remove moisture well
The most expensive
Require regular laundering
Feels very soft
Among these three materials, silk is only suitable for those who are not active. Merino and synthetic are good choices for active wearers.
Don’t opt for cotton if you need something for outdoor activities. The reason is it doesn’t wick your sweat away as fast as the three others, meaning that it will give an unpleasantly wet feeling.
Base layers are classified into lightweight, midweight, and heavyweight with different levels of warmth.
- Heavyweight: the warmest of all, suitable for extremely cold weather and strong wind.
- Midweight: fairly warm, suitable for moderately cold/cold weather.
- Lightweight: features good air circulation, suitable for moderately cold weather.
For wearing in the winter, you need to get base layers that snug fit your body, like your second skin. Also, choose blasé layers with elastic cuffs for better heat retaining.
Which Brands Make The Best Base Layer For Cold Weather?
Roman Trail Outfitters
With technological advancements, this brand offers outdoor gear that helps you withstand the most extreme weather conditions. You will surely find a quality base layer here.
Focusing on product performance, Under Armour bring about the best base layers as well as other clothing items for your winter.
With this brand, you will find good base layers made with innovative fabric technologies and functionality. Its products also come in style for your daily wardrobe.
Founded in 1889, this is one of the long-standing brands in the market with a century of experience in the industry. If you want a reliable brand to start with, try this one.
There are a lot of good things about this brand, but its products are best known for great design, advanced technology, and sustainability.
What is the best material for a base layer?
The best materials for base layers are either synthetic or merino. They wick away moisture very well and offer odor resistance.
Is fleece a good base layer?
No, it isn’t. Fleece is good for mid-layers, not base layers.
How should I dress for 20 degrees?
Here are some suggestions for 20-degree outfits, exclusively for women.
- High-slit skirt and over-the-knee boots
- Short skirt and tall socks
- Light jackets and silk scarves
- Summer dress and overcoat
- Plaid pants and sleek button-down
- Trench and wide-leg pants
- Midi skirt and sweater
How long should the base layer last?
Good base layers can last for years. This also depends on how often you wear them and how you maintain them through laundering.
How many layers should you wear at 0 degrees?
When the temperature reaches 0 degrees, you need to wear 3 to 4 layers.
We hope that this post has made it easier for you to determine the necessary features for your best base layer for cold weather. Remember that material is the top priority and should always be the first factor you take into account when shopping for base layers.