Are you seeking the best duck hunting kayak?
Congrats, you’re landing in the right place. What makes this review list superior to others is here, we’ve compiled not only the top-rated options out there but also carefully categorized them to ensure you’ll pick the most suitable one regardless of your needs.
Here are the best duck hunting kayaks you can buy in 2020:
- Best For Long Hunting Trips: Vibe Kayaks Sea Ghost 130
- Best For Beginners: BKC FK184
- Best Budget Option: Sun Dolphin Journey 10-Foot
- Best For Experienced Hunters: SUNDOLPHIN Boss SS
- Best For Marshland Use: Sevylor Coleman Colorado
- Versatile: Elkton Outdoors Tandem Fishing Kayak
|Top 6 Best Duck Hunting Kayaks|
Best For Long Hunting Trips
|Vibe Kayaks Sea Ghost 130||Read Our Review|
Best For Beginners
|BKC FK184||Read Our Review|
Best Budget Option
|Sun Dolphin Journey 10-Foot||Read Our Review|
Best For Experienced Hunters
|SUNDOLPHIN Boss SS||Read Our Review|
Best For Marshland Use
|Sevylor Coleman Colorado||Read Our Review|
|Elkton Outdoors Tandem Fishing Kayak||Read Our Review|
Best For Long Hunting Trips: Vibe Kayaks Sea Ghost 130
- Deliver 550 pounds of weight capacity to keep all your hunting gears protective and secure
- Premium seat for excellent comfort during long trips
- Equipped 6 top-loading accessory gear tracks for hand-free capability
- The area around the rudder pedals is slightly flexed
There are times when you just need a kayak that doesn’t spin to the side whenever you stop pedaling or it doesn’t make your arms fire just to pedal from here to there.
Well, the good news is, this Vibe Kayaks Sea Ghost 130 can make your dream come true.
The kayak emphasizes the highest scoring for its perfect blend of stability and speed to deliver everything you want. It stands when you want to stop for duck observing. It surfs effortlessly to get to where you’re going.
Rest assured, its premium seat will keep you comfortable during long trips and besides, there are up to 6 top-loading accessory gear tracks for hand-free capability.
Moreover, with 550 pounds of max loading weight – which are also the highest capacity out there, it can haul everything you want to bring, like your duck hunting gears, barrels, or just your pets.
|Vibe Kayaks Sea Ghost 130 Specifications|
13ft 75 lb fishing kayak
If your budget is on the table and you are willing to invest in a high-end kayak for better duck hunting rewards, Vibe Kayaks Sea Ghost is the best bet.
Best For Beginners: BKC FK184
- Keep your paddles securely in place with no risks of losing
- Compact to fit in many storage places and easily transport
- Secure and roomy storage space to keep your hunting gear dry and not overboard
- The seat needs upgrading
The biggest problem of beginner kayakers is how to avoid the risk of losing their paddle.
Well, let this BKC FK184 helps you! It features secure paddle parks with elastic bungee cords to ensure keeping your paddle in place.
Regardless, the kayak is very well-built.
It’s great on the water, very stable and compact enough to fit in the back of your van. The kayak is also known for its spacious and secure storage space to keep all your gear dry and not end up overboard.
|BKC FK184 Specifications|
9' Single Sit On Top Fishing Kayak
The BKC FK184 is a real bargain for a quality kayak that any beginners can purchase without breaking the bank.
Best Budget Option: Sun Dolphin Journey 10-Foot
- Deliver superb stability to stay calm in rivers and lakes
- Lightweight, portable, and roomy
- Good customer services
- Not suitable for heavy hunters
- The seat is hard
Specifically designed for rivers, lakes, and other calm waters, the SUNDOLPHIN Journey highlights decent stability and comfort.
It comes with a large cockpit and well-padded seat that is adjustable to fit your sitting gesture. Besides, there are a lot of notable add-ons, such as protective thigh pads, adjustable foot braces, cup holders, and shock cord deck rigging, all for your best comfortable feeling.
One of the reasons we chose this kayak is because it’s made entirely in the USA to ensure the quality, at least in our standards. Or even if there’s something wrong, just a phone call can receive very good help.
|Sun Dolphin Journey 10-Foot Specifications|
Sun Dolphin Journey 10-Foot Sit-on-top Fishing Kayak
If you’re looking for the best duck hunting kayak at a rock bottom price point, don’t skip through this SUNDOLPHIN Journey.
Best For Experienced Hunters: SUNDOLPHIN Boss SS
- Feature non-slip pads and stand up the strap to keep you more secure when standing on it
- Made of UV-stabilized material to be ultra-durable and weatherproof -> make it last long and handle abuse better
- The seat is not very high-quality
Made of rugged UV-stabilized Fortiflex high-density polyethylene material, the SUNDOLPHIN Boss SS is a lightweight yet durable kayak that every pro hunter dreams of.
At merely $650, you’ll find many prominent features that are only found on pricey, high-end kayaks. Such as the comfort-cast dual-position seating system, the flat stable platform hull design, and the adjustable footrest.
It’s also packed with lots of practical add-ons but what we love the most is the stand-up strap which keeps you stand securely on the boat for duck navigation or hunting.
|SUNDOLPHIN Boss SS Specifications|
Catamaran hull design with a flat stable platform
Large Front/rear storage;
All-in-all, with so many high-end features built-in one compact product at a price that can’t be cheaper, we highly recommend this SUNDOLPHIN Boss SS for pro duck hunters.
Best For Marshland Use: Sevylor Coleman Colorado
- Made of premium materials known for superior durability and puncture protection to handle any kinds of abuse or sharp things
- The Airtight system prevents the boat from leaking efficiently – ensure your safety
- Have a trolling motor to help you go through marsh easily and safely
- The removal rod swivel holders are located right near your hands are going to hit while pedaling, which is frustrating
- Not comfortable seat
- Might be a bit tight for two big adults
To duck hunters, marshlands are always a nightmare.
Just a small misjudgment can leave you scraping the bottom of your kayak, hoofing it through the razor-sharp oyster beds underneath and putting yourself in unsafe situations.
That’s why you MUST pay more attention to the kayak which is going to be with you. This Sevylor Colemen Colorado is the one that makes us feel the most peace in mind.
Its bottom is made of 1000D tarpaulin with an additional 840D nylon cover while the rest is from 18-gauge PVC. All are NMMA certified so the boat itself can ensure high puncture protection and superior durability.
Besides, the integrated airtight system is anti-leak efficiently and the trolling motor will help you go through marsh more easily.
|Sevylor Coleman Colorado Specifications|
Guaranteed not to leak
Sevylor trolling motor fittings expand your fishing capabilities
In a nutshell, with unparalleled durability, high puncture protection, and a trolling motor added, this Sevylor Coleman Colorado is the best choice for marshlands.
Versatile: Elkton Outdoors Tandem Fishing Kayak
- The storage space is extraordinarily spacious, well-organized, and airtight for higher protection
- Provide a specific platform for coolers and ice chests so you can bring your beverage along
- Give more comfortable sitting space for two adults
- Inadequate instructions
12.2 Foot Sit On Top Fishing Kayak
|Elkton Outdoors Tandem Fishing Kayak Specifications|
We know that some duck hunters don’t just make their trips to lakes but also rivers and other waters. For them, the Elkton Outdoors Tandem will be the best bet.
How To Choose The Best Duck Hunting Kayaks?
Which Water Conditions Are You Going To Paddle It Through?
- We all know it, duck hunting is not just in flat waters like rivers or lakes but also in rougher conditions, like marshland.
- Your kayak, according to that, must have some specific features to hold up well in such terrains for not only the highest maneuverability but also your safety. For example, a kayak for marshland apparently should be more durable than one for flat waters.
- It, at least, must be made with a thicker, puncture-resistant bottom with multiple chambers to handle sharp things like seashells or rocks. To prevent it from getting stuck in the marsh, a motor is also worth considering.
- This boat is going to be used for duck hunting, meaning that what you’ll bring is not just your beverage but also hunting gear and your rewards after the trip.
- Spacious accessible storage is a must in this case.
- If you’re about to be in waterfowl hunting, make sure that at least one storage space is well-sealed to keep your essentials dry in the water.
- You will stand or kneel on the boat while taking your shot so the stability level of your yak is very important. An imbalanced design might throw you off balance and end up falling into the water.
- Not just to ensure your safety but a stable kayak is also more reliable to give you more peace in mind when piloting the craft – probably through adverse conditions or choppy waters.
- When choosing a duck hunting kayak, we prefer those models that specifically mention that you can stand on it.
Which Brands Make The Best Duck Hunting Kayaks?
- Vibe might be one of the youngest brands in this list but we kind of love it because their products are super-quality and specifically made for different purposes of use with many heuristic add-ons. The price, besides, is quite good.
- Despite nearly 40 years’ expertise in this industry, we still impress to know that SUNDOLPHIN still manufactures its products in the same small town. The best thing is they are vertically integrated from beginning to end to manage all of the processes so their products are always guaranteed.
- Sevylor is a famous global company founded in 1948 in the US. They hold many wonderful innovations that are applied to their products, making them not only outstanding in terms of performance but also safety and quality.
Which is more stable - sit-in or sit-on kayak?
By featuring expanded width, sit-on-top kayaks are more stable than the sit-in, however, as it’s slower, this type of boat is just suitable for recreational purposes.
Is a sit-in kayak better for duck hunting?
A sit-in kayak generally features narrower and longer size so even though it’s faster in speeds, this boat is not s
How can I make my sit-in kayak more stable?
There are three useful tips to help you sit more stably in a kayak:
- Change your paddling techniques and keep calm
- Understanding your tipping points
- Adjust your seat and modify your kayak before getting started
How far can you kayak in a day?
According to some reports, the furthest distance that one can paddle in a racing boat within 10 hours is 100km while it’s even 350 km on flat waters if paddling within 24 hours.
But this factor depends a lot on your endurance, the boat type, and the water conditions that you boat it through.
Do kayaks tip over easily?
No, they don’t in common.
Although we said that the sit-in yaks are less stable than the sit-on-top, it’s still hard to tip over unless you try too hard, like s
While some people purely use their kayak for duck hunting, many others prefer to take advantage of it for other activities like recreational or fishing. If you’re one of them, don’t forget to look for suitable add-ons to let the boat serve you the best.
That’s the end of this article. Thanks a lot for reading!