Whether you explore new waters or plan to catch the water beasts, an unreliable yak will certainly ruin your outdoor trip. Our selection of the best fishing kayaks under 700 has you covered on the next fishing adventure without breaking the bank.
Here are the best fishing kayaks under 700 you can buy in 2019:
- Solo - Best Sit-on-top Kayak: Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak 90237
- Solo - Best Sit-in Kayak: SUNDOLPHIN Sun Dolphin Aruba Kayak 51825
- Solo - Best For Big Fisher: Perception Pescador Fishing Kayak
- Tandem - Best Sit-on-top Kayak: Lifetime 10 Tandem Fishing Kayak
- Tandem - Best Inflatable Kayak: Elkton Outdoors Cormorant Tandem Fishing Kayak
- Tandem - Highest Weight Capacity: Vanhunks Voyager Deluxe Kayak
Best Solo Fishing Kayak Under 700
Best Sit-on-top Kayak: Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak 90237
- Ultra-stable and great tracking
- Great for different size riders
- Easy to transport
- Come with a 5-year limited warranty
- Maximum capacity could be greater
The Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak 90237 is among the most popular kayaks out there. Since it comes with a sharp bow for speed & tracking and flat-bottom hull & chine rails along the length under the vessel for greater stability, the average kayakers have a liking for it.
That’s not to say that more professional riders wouldn’t love it as well!
It comes with an adjustable padded seat pad with back support as well as multiple footrest positions for the maximum comfort of paddlers of all sizes even during those longer paddling sessions.
Like any other fishing kayaks on the market, the Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak 90237 comes with a downside, though. Don’t expect speed and efficiency at its fullest while paddling!
|Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak 90237 Specifications|
Light rivers, ponds, and lakes
UV-protected high-density polyethylene materials
3 fishing pole holders (1 adjustable & 2 flush)
Multiple footrest positions
Two 6″ storage compartments in rear & center.
Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak 90237 is the most stable SOT that will keep recreational kayakers as well as anglers of different sizes from flipping over.
Best Sit-in Kayak: SUNDOLPHIN Sun Dolphin Aruba Kayak 51825
- Easy to launch and carry
- Offer maximum stability
- Available in various color options
- Built to last for many years to come
- Disappointing performance in choppy waters
When it comes to sit-in kayaks that come with a low price tag but continue to receive a high rating, the SUNDOLPHIN Sun Dolphin Aruba Kayak would be our answer.
Constructed with plenty of storage and packed with adjustable foot braces & an adjustable pad with back support based on your body type & height, this kayak promises increased comfort without compromising stability.
Despite the less impressive performance in choppy waters, consider that the SUNDOLPHIN Sun Dolphin Aruba Kayak is a recreational boat for those wanting to get out on the lake or light river water only, and we don’t find it a big issue.
|SUNDOLPHIN Sun Dolphin Aruba Kayak 51825 Specifications|
Light rivers, ponds, and lakes
Flush mount fishing rod holders
Adjustable seat & foot braces
Rugged UV-stabilized Fortiflex High-Density Polyethylene
Portable accessory carrier for extra storage.
SUNDOLPHIN Sun Dolphin Aruba Kayak is designed to offer first-time paddlers an unforgettable experience.
Best For Larger Anglers: Perception Pescador Fishing Kayak
- Proudly designed, molded, and hand-assembled in the USA
- Ensure added safety
- Simple to transport
- Plugs do not come with the kayak
Let’s take your paddle up a notch with the Perception Pescador Fishing Kayak!
Of all the models in the Perception Kayaks’ lineup, it is the best for bigger-sized anglers requiring the best in comfort, safety, organization, and storage while fishing from their yaks.
This SOT kayak is superbly crafted to take on calm flat water. The leak-resistant one-piece construction with built-in buoyancy makes it stable and reliable under moderate conditions. Thus, if you’re seeking for something fast and sleek on ponds, lakes, streams, or slow-moving rivers, you can certainly find it a perfect choice!
Boasting a hefty 375 lb capacity limit, there is no difficulty stowing a cooler and a decent amount of tackle, gear, & bait.
Taken together with the thick ventilated padding, this yak’s seating system is designed to promote superior comfort over many hours of throwing lures.
If plugs came with the kayak, the Perception Pescador Fishing Kayak could get a higher place on our list of the best fishing kayaks under 700.
|Perception Pescador Fishing Kayak Specifications|
Lakes, ponds, slow-moving rivers, streams, and calm coastal waters
Easy-to-open front hatch with latching lid and massive rear tank
Leak-proof one-piece construction with built-in buoyancy.
Perception Pescador Fishing Kayak is among the best well-rounded performers for larger anglers and paddlers.
Best Tandem Fishing Kayak Under 700
Best Sit-on-top Kayak: Lifetime 10 Tandem Fishing Kayak
- Suitable for both solo and tandem paddling
- Compact design for easy storage & transport
- Come with a 5-year limited warranty
- Good value kayak combining affordability and excellent features
- Not as fast as you might expect
The Lifetime 10 Tandem Fishing Kayak has quickly risen to the top for its ease of use and angler-friendly features. Everything about this unit is solid, durable, comfortable, and reliable.
Besides a molded seat and multiple footrest positions, it also benefits from having a rear storage hatch and 3 fishing pole holders to keep your gear safe if you want to jump on & off for swimming.
Compared with the last fishing kayak by Lifetime OUTDOORS on our list, the Lifetime 10 Tandem Fishing Kayak wider, making it ultra-stable side-to-side but not that fast while paddling.
|Lifetime 10 Tandem Fishing Kayak Specifications|
Calm coastal waters
3 fishing rod holders & rear storage hatch
Kayak paddles included.
When it’s high time to head out with your friend or lovely partner, let’s have a nice, relaxing paddle with the Lifetime 10 Tandem Fishing Kayak!
Best Inflatable Kayak: Elkton Outdoors Cormorant Tandem Fishing Kayak
- Easy to repair and adjust
- Quickly inflate
- Tear- and hook-resistant
- Guarantee years of appropriate use
- Not much storage
Inflatable vessels have a lot of advantages and this Elkton Outdoors Cormorant Tandem Fishing Kayak is an unmatched idea for paddling pairs with minimal transportation space and storage.
At only 27lb and packed down into a way smaller space than other tandem kayaks in our collection, this boat makes fishing from your boat more comfortable than ever.
The common drawback that the Elkton Outdoors Cormorant Tandem Fishing Kayak shares with other inflatable kayaks is the limited storage restricting the amount of gear and devices you can bring along.
|Elkton Outdoors Cormorant Tandem Fishing Kayak Specifications|
Calm coastal waters
2 adjustable seats
Rod holders (2 vertical & 4 trolling)
Double action pump.
Elkton Outdoors Cormorant Tandem Fishing Kayak is a great alternative to any conventional kayaks out there.
Highest Weight Capacity: Vanhunks Voyager Deluxe Kayak
- UV- and impact resistant
- Extremely durable
- Easy to paddle
- Large width
The Vanhunks Voyager Deluxe Kayak is a 12-foot SOT boat that is designed to give enough space for 2 adults and 1 kid.
What’s more? The pretty high limit of 551 pounds comes in handy if you want to haul some extra baggage and heavier fishing gear when touring and much room inside allows you to easily climb in or out of the vessel.
The only thing that makes the Vanhunks Voyager Deluxe Kayak less appealing is its 81-in width making it not as easy to store and transport as other models on our list.
|Vanhunks Voyager Deluxe Kayak Specifications|
Calm rivers, lakes, and calm ocean with small waves
Comfortable carry handle on each side
2 deluxe aluminum raised padded seating
2 paddles (aluminum 2 pieces with 3 position adjustments).
Vanhunks Voyager Deluxe Kayak is an effective solution for families with kids or those with a lot of gear.
How To Choose The Best Fishing Kayaks Under 700?
Solo vs. Tandem Kayaks
- Want to chat while paddling or let your partner steer? Nothing can beat a tandem kayak! And solo kayaks can be heaps of fun for anglers appreciating every single moment outdoors by themselves.
Inflatable vs. Hard-shell Kayaks
- Inflatable kayaks are more flexible than hard-shell models making them a perfect choice for those living in an apartment and those driving a smaller car to the waters. Hard-shell kayaks are preferable if safety is your priority.
- The longer the kayak is, the higher speed and greater tracking ability it has. However, it’s better to go with a shorter boat if you want to turn the yak with less effort. Take time to consider your specific needs before deciding to invest in a yak ranging anywhere from 7 to more than 14 feet long.
- Wider yaks which offer much more stability and allow you to get in & out of are preferable choices among beginners. But, expect decreased speed and a little bit of difficulty due to the increased drag.
Which Brands Make The Best Fishing Kayaks Under 700?
- This 33-year-old manufacturer is dedicated to bringing people to where the adventure is. Lifetime OUTDOORS’ goal is to produce budget-friendly items with high-standard, durability, and strength by keeping on improving already-released products and creating new line-ups.
- Elkton Outdoors was established in Northern California by Joe Morris – an avid outdoorsman with a motto that the highest-quality stuff doesn’t need to come with an incredibly high price. Even if you are on a tight budget, you can find solid & durable kayaks and kayaking accessories offered by this premiere hunting and fishing brand.
Sun Dolphin Boats
- Another brand popular in the outdoors community is Sun Dolphin Boats – the global leader of supplying fishing boats, pedal boats, canoes, stand up paddle boards, recreational kayaks, and fishing kayaks.
- Aside from innovative designs, Sun Dolphin also pays attention to keeping their products affordable with unparalleled customer service.
Is a longer or shorter kayak better?
Given two kayaks of identical style & design and equal width, the longer the kayak is the faster it is.
For the very first time using a long kayak, beginners might find it not as stable as expected. However, just after a learning curve and a few more paddles, they can be just as comfy in it as they should be in a short wide one.
And once having got used to it, they will see how enjoyable and responsive the longer boat is.
Do kayaks tip over easily?
No, they don’t. Kayaks are not designed to easily tip over unless you try your best. For instance, if you want to paddle with a recreational kayak on a really calm river, there is almost no chance for the boat flipping. Whitewater paddling with an ultra-light boat or sea kayak exposes a relatively high risk of capsizes, though.
Do kayaks float when capsized?
Though it is often a struggle to sink a vessel, the potential of them sinking depends on the type & design of kayak you want to paddle, the load piled on board and whether it’s got bulkheads or sealed hull.
How should I dress for fishing kayaking?
The best clothing for fishing kayaking is the one that not only keeps your body in the proper temperature but also gives you ultimate freedom of movement within those motion periods.
If dropping 4 digits of cash on a brand new kayak is something that you’ve never thought of, why not keep things affordable with any items on our list of the best fishing kayaks under 700?