Looking to cruise around the waters and create these kayaking experiences to add value to your life without spending an arm and a leg? We’re here to help with the best fishing kayaks under 600 collection.
Here are the best fishing kayaks under 600 (Apr 2021 Update):
- Best Overall: Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak
- Best For Beginners: SUNDOLPHIN Sun Dolphin Aruba Sit-in Kayak 51320
- Best Inflatable Kayak: Sea Eagle SE370 Inflatable Sport Kayak
- Best For Big Anglers: SUNDOLPHIN Sun Dolphin Boss SS Sit-On-Top Angler Kayak
- Best Tandem Inflatable Kayak: Intex Excursion Professional Series Inflatable Fishing Kayak 68309EP
|Top 5 Best Fishing Kayaks Under $600|
|Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak||Read Our Review|
Best For Beginners
|SUNDOLPHIN Sun Dolphin Aruba Sit-in Kayak 51320||Read Our Review|
Best Inflatable Kayak
|Sea Eagle SE370 Inflatable Sport Kayak||Read Our Review|
Best For Big Anglers
|SUNDOLPHIN Sun Dolphin Boss SS Sit-On-Top Angler Kayak||Read Our Review|
Best Tandem Inflatable Kayak
|Intex Excursion Professional Series Inflatable Fishing Kayak 68309EP||Read Our Review|
Best Overall: Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak
- Designed to last for many years to come
- Versatile, stable, and convenient
- Easy to transport
- Come at an affordable price
- You shouldn’t get too wet on it
For anglers who are in search of an excellent recreational yak that can act as a double-duty option for both paddling & fishing will definitely fall in love with the Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100.
This 52-lb vessel is designed for you to spend days out on a leisurely ride or the water catching fish on lakes, ponds, or calm rivers.
As it is a SOT unit, even newbies will find it seamless to learn basic techniques and master them. However, it’s not to say that experienced anglers will not like it.
Some nice features to praise are three fishing rod holders and two 6" storage compartments in rear & center that keep your equipment and the boat itself organized and secure.
Though the flat-bottom hull makes the Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak incredibly stable and scupper holes allow the water to drain from your yak, you shouldn’t get too wet on it.
|Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak Specifications|
Light rivers, ponds, and lakes
UV-protected high-density polyethylene materials
3 fishing pole holders (1 adjustable & 2 flush)
Multiple footrest positions
Two 6" storage compartments in rear & center.
Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak is the best sit-on-top boat for anglers of all levels.
Best For Beginners: SUNDOLPHIN Sun Dolphin Aruba Sit-in Kayak 51320
- Made from UV-stabilized fortiflex high-density polyethylene
- Single person sit-in design
- Easy to launch and transport
- Deliver added comfort with foot and paddling braces
- The lack of fishing rod holders
Those new to the market for a sit-inside kayak will find the SUNDOLPHIN Sun Dolphin Aruba 10 a great option to start with.
Thanks to its lightweight construction, large open cockpit for enhanced balance, and great tracking ability, beginners can have much fun spending all day long in the sun. Packed with a comfortable adjustable padded seat with high back support along with foot braces that are adjustable according to your height, this kayak can fit all body types for additional comfort.
The main drawback of the SUNDOLPHIN Sun Dolphin Aruba Sit-in Kayak 51320 is the lack of fishing rod holders, which makes it inconvenient to carry a lot out with you.
|SUNDOLPHIN Sun Dolphin Aruba Sit-in Kayak 51320 Specifications|
Light rivers, ponds, and lakes
Large open cockpit
Adjustable padded seat
High back support
Spray deflector collar
Convenient gear storage with shock cord deck rigging
Adjustable foot braces.
SUNDOLPHIN Sun Dolphin Aruba Sit-in Kayak 51320 is a solid choice for beginners wanting a reliable sit-in kayak to take out on incredibly calm waters.
Best Inflatable Kayak: Sea Eagle SE370 Inflatable Sport Kayak
- Whitewater rating: Up to class III
- Made from 38 mil Poly Krylar (K80 PVC)
- Ultra-lightweight and portable
- Stable & durable
- Seem to drift in stronger winds
With the whitewater rating up to class III, the Sea Eagle SE370 Inflatable Sport Kayak is among the best tandem inflatable yaks for whitewater paddling as well as a go-to solution for leisure paddle and overnight trips.
Though it weighs only 32 pounds and can be packed down small enough to fit into a drawstring bag or a small-sized car trunk, don't let its weight fool you!
Its weight capacity limit is a whopping 650 pounds. That means 3passengers can go fishing comfortably while having extra capacity to accommodate their cargo& fishing gear.
What’s disappointing is the Sea Eagle SE370 Inflatable Sport Kayak seems to drift in stronger winds.
|Sea Eagle SE370 Inflatable Sport Kayak Specifications|
Calm and rough waters
High-frequency welded seam
Chamber: Three (Port, Starboard and Floor) / Air Valves: 5 Deluxe One Way.
Sea Eagle SE370 Inflatable Sport Kayak allows river adventurers to go from the trunk of their small vehicle to being on the calm or rough water with little effort.
Best For Big Anglers: SUNDOLPHIN Sun Dolphin Boss SS Sit-On-Top Angler Kayak
- Designed, molded, and assembled in the USA
- Outfitted with all the desired accessories
- Easy to store and carry
- Offer unlimited durability
Kayak fishermen everywhere will highly appreciate the durability and functionality of the SUNDOLPHIN Sun Dolphin Boss SS Sit-On-Top Angler Kayak.
It is extremely stable& reliable. Part of the reason why it’s true is the catamaran hull design with a flat stable platform helping steady your kayak whether you sit or stand waiting for the fish to bite.
With the capacity limit of up to 500lbs, dual-position fold-down seat, and large front/rear storage wells the SUNDOLPHIN Sun Dolphin Boss SS Sit-On-Top Angler Kayak 12 is designed for big anglers to cast in maximum comfort for all day long.
The only minor issue with the BOSS 12 sit-on/stand-up fishing kayak is that it is way heavier than most other boats on our list.
|SUNDOLPHIN Sun Dolphin Boss SS Sit-On-Top Angler Kayak Specifications|
Calm and rough waters
Catamaran hull design
A flat stable platform
Non-slip pads and stand up strap
Carry handles & paddle holders.
SUNDOLPHIN Sun Dolphin Boss SS Sit-On-Top Angler Kayak is any big and tall kayak angler’s dream.
Best Tandem Inflatable Kayak: Intex Excursion Professional Series Inflatable Fishing Kayak 68309EP
- Can hold a lot of additional accessories
- Ultra-light yet highly resistant to damage from impact, abrasion, and sunlight
- Great for deep and shallow water
- Easy to inflate and fast to deflate
- Not as durable as advertised
Last on our list of the best fishing kayak under 600 is the Intex Excursion Professional Series Inflatable Fishing Kayak– the best choice for touring and kayak fishing at calm lakes and slow-flowing rivers.
The adjustable bucket seats leave enough room for two grown adults, so there is no need to worry about getting bored you can take a buddy along. The 2 integrated recessed fishing rod holders and removable mounting bracket keep our hands free, while the 2 floor-mounted footrests allow for anglers’ ultimate comfort.
What users complaint about the Intex Excursion Professional Series Inflatable Fishing Kayak is that it is not as durable as advertised.
|Intex Excursion Professional Series Inflatable Fishing Kayak 68309EP Specifications|
Shallow and deep waters
Super-tough laminate PVC with polyester core
Removable and adjustable mounting bracket
Storage space in bow
2 removable skews
Those planning to get away from it all for a quiet day on the water will find the Intex Excursion Professional Series Inflatable Fishing Kayak their floating oasis.
How To Choose The Best Fishing Kayaks Under $600?
Solo vs. Tandem Kayak
- If you still have no idea which one to choose between kayaking by yourself or having another angler with you, you should invest in the unit perfectly designed for at least two adults.
- When wanting to be on the water solo, means of clips can help you move the seat to the center position. The downfall, though, is that it is pretty longer than single yaks.
Length & Width
- Whether you’ve decided to invest in a sit-inside or sit-on-top kayak, the length is a must-consider factor. Rule of thumb: the longer the kayak is, the faster it can slide on the water. Also, a narrower kayak is the less stable but faster it can be.
- Most hard-shell kayaks are made from a durable material that can last for many years to come, if not to say forever without requiring much maintenance. It can be plastic or composite materials such as carbon, fiberglass, or Kevlar. Despite being significantly lighter, they cannot take the abuse that well.
Your Weight & Height
- The kayak that works best for you is the one that you can comfortably fit into. The taller and heavier you are, the bigger your kayak & the more legroom and weight capacity should be. Also, the amount of fishing gear and equipment matters.
- Last but not least, pay attention to some extra features that perfectly match your fishing type. They can be multiple footrest positions, rod holders, molded-in cup holders, plenty of gear & equipment storage, carry handles, or an overall ergonomic design.
Which Brands Make The Best Fishing Kayaks Under $600?
- Founded as a small family-run business, after 37 years in the industry, Sun Dolphin has developed into North America’s leading brand with the largest lineups of kayaks and all-season recreational devices. Proudly designed, molded, and assembled in the USA, Sun Dolphin’s watercraft helps you live your own adventure.
- Established in 1968, this family-operated business in New York City stakes its reputation on not only reliability, excellent quality, and affordability but also personal "one on one" customer service. The inflatable fishing kayaks by Sea Eagle deliver a home run with impressive performance for expeditions far and wide.
- For every family time, there is an activity. And for every activity, there’s a product by Intex Recreation. With over 40 years of history, it has come out with the highest-quality items from above ground pools, airbeds, toys, air furniture, and inflatable boats – which are great for fun, comfort, and safety at a budget-friendly price.
Is sit-in or sit-on-top kayak better?
It depends on your kayaking skills and specific requirements.
Wide, user-friendly, ultra-stable, and effortlessly to get in and out of, most sit-on-top kayaks are called recreational (or "rec") units. They are perfect for nervous anglers, for paddling in warm waters, and for going outdoors with children who are interested in swimming.
A sit-in yak, which boasts a lower center of gravity, a sit-inside kayak, is narrower yet faster than a SOT kayak design.
Can 1 person use a 2 person kayak?
It depends on the tandem kayak type. Some recreational units are designed with one large–sized cockpit and sliding seats allowing paddle by one or two persons while others are not.
To paddle solo a tandem kayak, you should use the standard 2 person kayak ability to loosen its rear seat and move your weight forward.
Is it easier to kayak single or double?
At first, it is challenging to ride a tandem kayak as you need to synchronize every single movement to keep full control over the vessel. Once getting the hang of it, though, you will find paddle in sync much faster and more efficient.
Where should the heavier person sit in a kayak?
For the best performance of your kayak, the heavier person should sit at its back and load all the essential gear or weight up front to even out the weight distribution.
What do I need for kayak fishing?
List of essentials for kayak fishing:
Waterproof first-aid kit
Personal flotation device
An emergency paddle
If your pocket is not quite as fat, there is no better choice than checking out our list of the best fishing kayaks under 600. Whether you are new to the water world or an intermediate kayaker, you will find a simple yet effective solution.